• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that Tatsumaki can't throw them at those speeds normally; but the way it's described makes it seem like her overall power is comparable or roughly equal to Geryuganshoops. While she lacks the ability to remove friction, that's due to a difference in technique, not power. (Well, not that is matters since her rating is above Gerg's anyway).

I could jump 140 feet high if I was on Enceladus.

Let me just tell people I can jump 140 feet. Or list my jumping ability as 140 feet "if he's on Enceladus".

Or we could just use what I am actually capable of under normal circumstances, and not exaggerate my abilities by accounting for some completley hypothetical ideal environment I'd be placed under which would enhance what I can do far greater.

@Damage Superman is comparable in strength to the Flash, but lacks the ability to tap into the Speed Force, therefore he's slower. Same with Tatsumaki and Geryuganshoop here.

But that also brings me to my point. Superman could recreate Flash's feats if he was in the Speed Force. However there's no reason to upgrade or add anything to him based on that.

@Ryukama "But his ability to control flying object should be above Tatsumaki, because he can eliminate the friction between rocks and air."

This statement is explicitly about his control, not his speed. Which he later establishes is due to being able to remove friction.

It's implied through his statements that Tatsumaki can do it in a vacuum because literally the only thing limiting is the friction of objects and air, Murata also establishes her psychic output is greater than Geryuganshoop.

"If Tatsumaki throws rocks like he does, her output will be too powerful, the temperature increase due to friction and pressure, and evaporate the rocks in an instant."

No where in this does it say she can't throw them at sublight speed, only that if she tried to, they would disintegrate due to friction and pressure.

So if she can't due to a cause that's not herself, she still can't do it. Doesn't matter that she theoretically can, when the verse provides a specific explanation as to why she wouldn't be able to do that, that gets applied to her here. Not all verses follow the same physics.

His ability to disregard friction allows him to throw rocks at sub-light speed. Tatsumaki lacks this abilty, so the rocks would disintegrate if she tried doing this. She cannot throw rocks at sublight speed. It's never stated she can throw them at sub-light speed.

You admitted to this and said she should only have that speed rating "in a vacuum"

But Earth's gravity is the only thing limiting me from performing a 140 foot jump. Superman's lack of a Speed Force is the only thing limiting him from performing Flash's feats. There's no reason to upgrade someone, based on something they explicit cannot do, just because of a complete and utter hypothetical in which they could do this if under the perfect environment which would allow them to do it.

I know, I already agreed that she wasn't comparable in speed.

Except it is literally never once stated that Tatsumaki actually throws something at sub-light speed. Geryuganshoop is the only one who is ever said to do that.

A rock would disintegrate far before it'd ever get the chance to reach anywhere close to that speed. That's what Murata was getting it.

Fine, no circumstantial notes, but can we take off "If his claims of being the strongest psychic in the universe are correct, he'd be stronger than Tornado of Terror" from Geryuganshoop's page. Murata also stated "her output will be too powerful", basically settling Tatsumaki as the more powerful psychic, but Geryuganshoop as the more skilled one.

Now assuming this translation is accurate, that Kep's interpretation of it is accurate, and that this staff is fine with using such a statement, here are my suggestions.

Geryuganshoop: Massively Hypersonic+ with At least Relativistic attack speed.

Saitama: At least Relativistic, likely higher

Boros: At least Relativistic, likely higher

Garou: At least Relativistic, likely higher

The reason I put "likely higher" for the top dogs is because Geryuganshoop's attacks were stated to be "nothing to Saitama" and "like a bad joke" in which Saitama could effortlessly throw a rock much faster than him.

Boros and Garou can both evade attacks from a Saitama who is somewhat taking the fight seriously. Land attacks on Saitama who is somewhat taking the fight seriously. And managed to impress Saitama with their power. Which should put them far above Geryuganshoop's speed which again is "nothing" and "a bad joke" to Saitama.

Though if others don't want that part I guess I'm fine with it.

@Spartan I'm not sure. You'd have to ask the calc members on what the standards for such a thing are.

However considering that he explicitly does these things through violating the laws of physics, I'm not sure if we can apply KE to him.

Did Saitama view the rocks in general, the force of the rock, the speed, or the attack as a joke? If i recall it was just the attack, and he tanked them rather than dodged them.

Edit: I looked at it and found why it was a joke. It's waste of psychic power and because anyone could throw pebbles.

"Saitama still beat him with a casual stone throw though. In Saitama's eyes rocks at sub-light speed is nothing, it's like a bad joke."

They're very obviously referring to him being much faster. Also Saitama is canonically the fastest character in the series by far, so he scales regardless.

Lol not a problem. That stuff happens to all of us. Especially me.

Should be obvious since I suggested it, but I support the upgrades.

Everything Saitama does is a joke to him. Everything points to him being above just Sub-Rel.

Just want to point out that in Japanese, the speed Murata said õ║£ÕàëÚǃ is 0.44 times lightspeed in minimum.

@Reinhardthrowshisspear Are you sure about that? Any sources to back this up?

I dunno, I'm Japanese and ankousoku is not the term we use very often. I googled it and it said 0.44 so I said it. We only use it when the things are approaching very close to SoL and not using in Senior high school either.

Alright. Let's see what Kep and other translators have to say about it first though.

I think you're getting confused.

The first link that came up when I googled "õ║£ÕàëÚǃ 0.44" was a Wikipedia page stating that 1 second on Earth is 0.44 seconds for a spaceship traveling at 90% SoL

I digged internet for the minimum speed but I can't find it, I'm terribly sorry that I can't help. But Kep is right about the meaning so relativistic is ok I think. FTL is kind of wank because we can't assume it is 70-99% but we can't assume it is 0.5% or something like that either so relativistic is safe spot.

If tats can throw things with more force behind it, she'd logically scale to the speed as well. Basically her psychic vectors are capable of moving that fast without holding objects.

I think the problem is that while she may be able to throw objects that fast they would disintergrate if she tried. Thus there isn't a scenario where she can attack this fast. Except in a vacum isn't allowed on her page for reasons I don't fully agree with but can accept

Yeah, but her vectors can move that fast is all i mean. The translation even saysa if she were to try, suggesting she can moving things that fast, but they would just disentigrate.

I mean, it never says his ability grants him the speed. Just grants him the ability to move objects at that speed without them evaporating.

I guess it's like. I can't move my arms at a certain speed but I can flick a stone incredibly fast. But if that stone disintergrated when i tried that then why does it matter how fast it can go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back