• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man - Upgrade Metal Bat's speed

Metal Bat's Speed Upgrade
Original:
Speed: At least Hypersonic (Considered Pri-Pri-Prisoner slow. Did better than G4 Genos against Carnage Kabuto in his base state), up to Massively Hypersonic+ combat speed (Blocked an attack from Sage Centipede) with FTL reaction speed with Fighting Spirit (Reacted to Garou's kick). At least FTL with Resonance (Managed to keep up with Garou to perform combo attacks with him)
Changes:
Speed: At least Hypersonic (Considered Pri-Pri-Prisoner slow. Did better than G4 Genos against Carnage Kabuto in his base state), up to at least FTL (Outpaces Garou and can respond to Garou's speed at close range) with Fighting Spirit, higher with Resonance (He and Garou raised each other's powers)
Arguments:

1. Garou wasn't using his full speed:​

2. Plot inconsistency:​

3. Sage Centipede said Metal Bat isn't as much of a threat as Garou:​

4. Garou dodged all of Metal Bat's attacks:​

Conclusion:
  • Metal Bat can be FTL without Resonance.
Vote: (Bold = Staff) (Bold+Italic = Mod)
Agree:
@M2u12, @Raiden38
Disagree: @Worthless, @Damage3245
Neutral:

Last edited:
Are you really saying Garou ran straight at maximum speed towards unamplified Metal Bat? LOL. Resonance being FTL is barely acceptable, and here you are claiming it for his base form. You're essentially claiming his base form reaction is fast enough to see Flashy Flash in slow motion. That's just plain stupid. And it's funny how some of you all here had a hard time accepting the fact that some characters can fight without using their full speed. "Oh, but Tereo was in blah blah," as if multiple heroes, including Saitama, weren't put in a similar situation where a kid, someone is in serious danger, yet none of them used their maximum speed to save the persons in danger because they DON'T need to.

Are you saying we can't FTL Metal Bat just because he's faster than Flashy Flash? First of all, there's no reason for Garou to hold back his abilities against Sage Centipede, because if you say things like that The manga isn't saying "Garou's power, too, increased" from Resonance. You're definitely saying that Garou is repressing his abilities but instead he's improving. Therefore, he was both repressed and developed at the same time. Wow that's really awesome.

If you say that Flashy Flash is listed as the fastest in class S (if you don't count Blast), then it wouldn't be a surprise. He's definitely the fastest, but since when was that confirmed before Metal Bat was FTL? During that time, Flashy Flash was the only one who was in FTL during that time. And if there's a feat that Flashy Flash did in the new Ninja War then shows in us that he is faster than that. That was just something that said he was getting stronger. I don't see how FTL for Metal Bat would be a problem.

Metal Bat's Speed Upgrade
Original:

Changes:

Arguments:

1. Garou wasn't using his full speed:​

2. Plot inconsistency:​

3. Sage Centipede said Metal Bat isn't as much of a threat as Garou:​

4. Garou dodged all of Metal Bat's attacks:​

Conclusion:
  • Metal Bat can be FTL without Resonance.
Agree

I don't even agree with the fact that he is equal in speed to Garou before he was beaten by the Sage. It is doubtful to me that he even has FTL after this.

Metal Bat is FTL but only with Resonance. Jumping to Sage Centipede has nothing to do with outrunning Garou, Garou later on showed he's much faster and this entire fight gave a new power to MB to handwave how he could fight back to back with Garou.

Just baseline FTL isn't supported to me.

Metal Bat is FTL but only with Resonance. Jumping to Sage Centipede has nothing to do with outrunning Garou, Garou later on showed he's much faster and this entire fight gave a new power to MB to handwave how he could fight back to back with Garou.

Just baseline FTL isn't supported to me.
If you look at the feat, you'll see that Metal Bat always gets behind Garou, but after he sees a helicopter being attacked. He was able to overtake Garou at the last second.

We already know that Garou is faster due to his own evolution. I don't think that's that strange.

And finally, he was able to display moves on par with Garou after Garou finished attacking Sage Centipede.
Which, if I'm referencing Metal Bat's profile, this scene is specified in the Fighting Spirit's ability.
Continent level, likely at least Multi-Continent level with Fighting Spirit (Fought and pushed back Sage Centipede alongside Garou, later damaging his mandibles)

This scene is a series of scenes.
Yes, but I'm talking in that specific panel where it appears Garou is in the air and Metal Bat races ahead. Unless you're asserting that Metal Bat is actually thousands of times faster than Garou's maximum speed, then the only plausible alternative is that in that moment Garou wasn't moving at FTL speeds and that before he would leap in action himself (which we see him do a moment later) Metal Bat took the initative first and intercepted the attack.

I'm curious if it's Resonance, but why does his profile list this achievement as Fighting Spirit and this is the first combo of Metal Bat and Garou? Will Resonance even happen?

If you look at the feat, you'll see that Metal Bat always gets behind Garou, but after he sees a helicopter being attacked. He was able to overtake Garou at the last second.
He went to save the helicopter while Garou wasn't and more importantly this is after the resonance has started to happen.

And finally, he was able to display moves on par with Garou after Garou finished attacking Sage Centipede.
Which, if I'm referencing Metal Bat's profile, this scene is specified in the Fighting Spirit's ability.
This is also when resonance had activated.

I'm with Damage, if anything that should be moved to the Resonance and his base spirit moved to moved to High 7-A for fighting Kabuto.

Back