• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Base Kaidou's durability section could include the fact that Kid didn't think it was possible to harm him with physical attacks despite his feats of hurting Big Mom, giving Base Kaidou's durability support for being more durable than Big Mom.

Didn't his feats of harming Big Mom come after that scene?

The feats coming after wouldn't effect the statement, his solution to trying to harm Kaidou (which failed) was to use lots of scrap metal and to try compress his insides, against Big Mom he seemingly didn't need to rely on the metal he gathered all pre-rooftop (minus awakening) nor the compression method he attempts on Kaidou in 1001.

It was awakening kidd, that hurt big mom, we know law without awakening was hurting hybrid kaido,

1010-004.png

while big mom was clean fighting both unawakened kidd and law, I think she scales above hybrid durablity.
1030-013.png

For Nekomamushi:

I don't see him biting Kaidou there. I see him grabbing Kaidou's arm. Does the anime show him biting?
Screen_Shot_2022-06-28_at_5.16.19_PM.png

brain edit: nevermind, anime doesn't show a bite

I'll say "subdued Kaidou's arm"
This is still worded a little strange to be tbh- (Awakened Luffy's Bajrang Gun justification)
".. after the punch expanded, he punched him hard enough to send him flying deep into the planet" A more accurate description would be "punched him hard enough to send him flying deep into the country's underground"

I'll look into the rest in a bit, but beautifully done with the references, KT! And thank you for your hard work especially when you did it even though you hate'em
I changed it to "deep into the ground". Sounds better.

Also thanks
I spoke a bit about it offsite but Base Kaidou's durability section could include the fact that Kid didn't think it was possible to harm him with physical attacks despite his feats of hurting Big Mom, giving Base Kaidou's durability support for being more durable than Big Mom.
Mainly his physical attacks that hurt her weren't... physical attacks. They did physical damage, but they were mainly his metal structures and awakening.
Kid never really hurt Linlin with something like a punch
Btw when you add values to the sandbox Zoro's 1st Wano key's Buso rating would be 716.4 GT instead of 477.6 GT due to performing those early raid feats in Nitoryu. His base rating would also still scale to his dressrosa base rating for the same reasons.
His base would scale to half of the nitoryu, so 238.8 GT.

And alright. I'll draft the verse page changes and put Zoro on that

Mainly his physical attacks that hurt her weren't... physical attacks. They did physical damage, but they were mainly his metal structures and awakening.
Kid never really hurt Linlin with something like a punch
Kid's surprise at physical blows damaging him is coming from both his and Killer's experience from their last fight with him, where they failed to damage him (And besides durability negation with Killer this was proven to stay true in their rooftop encounter). Kid never fights with just regular punches and kicks non enhanced by his scrap metal so when he made this statement I don't think he was considering that.

Kid's surprise at physical blows damaging him is coming from both his and Killer's experience from their last fight with him, where they failed to damage him (And besides durability negation with Killer this was proven to stay true in their rooftop encounter). Kid never fights with just regular punches and kicks non enhanced by his scrap metal so when he made this statement I don't think he was considering that.
I know that, I'm considering his scrap metal in his "physical blows".

Like scrap metal amping his physics vs scrap metal alone hurting Linlin, I don't think the former ever did anything. Even his punk pistols were trash in comparison to her dura, so I wouldn't put that over her.

Like scrap metal amping his physics vs scrap metal alone hurting Linlin, I don't think the former ever did anything. Even his punk pistols were trash in comparison to her dura, so I wouldn't put that over her
Punk Gibson which bruised her, punk corna dio cracked ribs.

His Punk Pistols didn't do anything to her but it seems like Kid's strength varies depending on the mass of metal he uses in his attacks, so Punk Pistols wouldn't really compare to something like Punk Gibson.

I noticed a mistake made under Robin's section in the sandbox. She's C3/A3 for Drawing blood from and wounding Black Maria with Gigantesco Mano while she's C4 with Gigante Fleur for harming Hybrid Black Maria. However, it was Hybrid Black Maria Robin attacked with Gigantesco Mano.

Also, for Big Mom

(Far stronger than before. Her and all of her main homies got larger and stronger, and she repeatedly temporarily incapacitated Eustass Kid and Trafalgar Law)

Didn't Big Mom only incapacitate them once?

Other than that everything looks fine to me.

Gibson never hurt her, it just overpowered her.
Corna Dio isn't a physical attack, it's a pure metal bull, not something amping physicals
Her face is bruised from the hit.

The statement from kid doesn't specify punches and kicks at all so saying only when Kid uses metal attacks with his physical strength added on isn't really true. Kid in general views physical blows as being ineffective against Kaidou (which is consistent with Killer's view as well) which includes Corna Dio, this seems consistent with his views as when using Punk Rotten (which is also a mechanical structure like Corna Dio) he still believes it's physicals blows alone won't be enough to bypass Kaidou's skin and chooses to compress and compact his insides.

I noticed a mistake made under Robin's section in the sandbox. She's C3/A3 for Drawing blood from and wounding Black Maria with Gigantesco Mano while she's C4 with Gigante Fleur for harming Hybrid Black Maria. However, it was Hybrid Black Maria Robin attacked with Gigantesco Mano.
She hurt her human part with her attacks
Also, for Big Mom

Didn't Big Mom only incapacitate them once?
Removed
Other than that everything looks fine to me.
Thanks

It was awakening kidd, that hurt big mom, we know law without awakening was hurting hybrid kaido,

1010-004.png

while big mom was clean fighting both unawakened kidd and law, I think she scales above hybrid durablity.
1030-013.png
Absolutely zero reason to assume Pre-Awakening Law is on par with Pre-Awakening Kid for that very reason. We also have no reason to assume Law is unable to hurt Big Mom with the same attacks he used to hurt H.Kaidou. In fact,

Law hurt Dragon Kaidou with dura neg (1001)
80ZcnKi.png

But hurt Big Mom with his DF's AP (1003)
0kopN6h.png

Kid, however, is unable to accomplish the same with his attacks (1009)
DC3KqL5.png

Law again hurts Kaidou with his normal AP (1010)
1QVMI1v.png

Here is a nice feat for Pre Awakening Kid, he stops Big Mom's Cognac. However, it was aimed at O-Tama, a literal child, so I don't think that's too notable. (1013)
YLT3MjG.png

He also pushed her into the ground. Doesn't do any damage though. (1013)
FaCfhRV.png

Then Law joins him in 1015. It's very, blatant that Law is outright stronger than Kid, so using him as a comparison to scale Big Mom above H. Kaidou is improper.

I will never comprehend the lust of making characters scale above each other when they scale to the same value. Ever.

Kid overpowered Big Mom, Law hurt Kaidou.

Like cut it out

Why would Kid's statement matter here when he made it before his fight with Big Mom?

Why would Kid's statement matter here when he made it before his fight with Big Mom?
The feats coming after wouldn't effect the statement, his solution to trying to harm Kaidou (which failed) was to use lots of scrap metal and to try compress his insides, against Big Mom he seemingly didn't need to rely on the metal he gathered all pre-rooftop (minus awakening) nor the compression method he attempts on Kaidou in 1001.

Imo it seems Kidd and Law are both close in power. Both harmed both emperors and actually stunned them with their attacks. And in a way, they have similar fighting techniques. They both focus on crushing or roasting an opponent. I.e Law shocks and fries Big Mom's organs, and Kidd fries her organs with a LASER-like beam ( btw LASER is actually an acronym, look that up! ), it seems both go with the most effective method of fighting which is usually trying to cook and evaporate someone on the inside, and that also makes me wonder, WHY didn't Kidd shoot her in the head with the beam? Or, Law could have fried her brain, which he kind of did partially tbf.

Attack Potency: A-6 (Countered a Cognac strike from Big Mom and slammed her into the ground with a Punk Gibson[97], then fought her in a 1v1 for a long period of time with all of her homies[98].)

Alright,
"Countered"? He stopped a Cognac aimed for O-Tama of all people.
Slamming someone into the ground is just LS if they put up a resistance. She didn't, very clearly off guard.
FaCfhRV.png

"Fought her off screen for a very long time", sorry, but that's incorrect.
Punk Gibson is Chapter 1013. He is shown in Chapter 1014, and 1015 in the exact same positions as when he finished Punk Gibson, the fight didn't progress significantly at all, and this has no business being a justification for AP, he would've survived her, not matched her with his attacks. At the end of 1015, Law shows up.

How 1013 ended.
FaCfhRV.png

Chapter 1014 showing Kid vs Big Mom
oqk2B6e.png

Chapter 1015 showing Kid vs Big Mom
VCvTqVU.png

So, these justifications should be removed. Slamming her and "fighting for a long time" are outright inaccurate representations for AP.
Cognac is just unreliable and isn't worded correctly. (He didn't counter it)

I will never comprehend the lust of making characters scale above each other when they scale to the same value. Ever.

Kid overpowered Big Mom, Law hurt Kaidou.

Like cut it out
While I think caring too much about scaling is detrimental to a thread, Powerscaling is undoubtedly one of the important factors when indexing information on a profile, for our site, and battle matches.

Alright,
"Countered"? He stopped a Cognac aimed for O-Tama of all people.
Slamming someone into the ground is just LS if they put up a resistance. She didn't, very clearly off guard.
She used a 2 handed flame enhanced attack.

Big Mom was serious. Remember, she's dumb.
She killed her own son.
She destroyed a large portion of the ground to kill a fly.
Her homies were about to vaporize Carrot because they thought she was a fly.
She killed 3 chefs cause they didn't give her a cake.

And it's lifting strength, but it can also be striking strength when it's done in very quick succession. That's what happened here.
"Fought her off screen for a very long time", sorry, but that's incorrect.
Punk Gibson is Chapter 1013. He is shown in Chapter 1014, and 1015 in the exact same positions as when he finished Punk Gibson, the fight didn't progress significantly at all, and this has no business being a justification for AP, he would've survived her, not matched her with his attacks. At the end of 1015, Law shows up.

How 1013 ended.
FaCfhRV.png

Chapter 1014 showing Kid vs Big Mom
oqk2B6e.png

Chapter 1015 showing Kid vs Big Mom
VCvTqVU.png

So, these justifications should be removed. Slamming her and "fighting for a long time" are outright inaccurate representations for AP.
"Exact same position" he literally spawned another metal arm and is in a battle stance with metal flying around.

Big Mom noticeably has more wounds than she did in 1013. She also has Hera floating around as well. A fight happened.
Cognac is just unreliable and isn't worded correctly. (He didn't counter it)
She was striking, he completely stopped the movement of the attack, and he pushed her back.

Cognac is reliable.

She killed her own son.

And it's lifting strength, but it can also be striking strength when it's done in very quick succession. That's what happened here.

"Exact same position" he literally spawned another metal arm and is in a battle stance with metal flying around.

Big Mom noticeably has more wounds than she did in 1013. She also has Hera floating around as well. A fight happened.

She was striking, he completely stopped the movement of the attack, and he pushed her back.

Cognac is reliable.
She isn't ******* dumb oh my lord. I hate when people say this, man. Her and hew crew are actually pretty intelligent, and they actually were going to kill Sanji and his family if not for the straw hats. Just, think about that. She drew Sanji in using threats and her beautiful daughter, and then lured his family into coming to the island, completely incapacitated them, and was about to steal their technology and kill them. If that happened her crew would have probably been unstoppable after that, and it was only a failure due to other very smart people interrupting and fighting her. Also, she can disguise her sword as a hat, not only is that brilliant for catching people off guard but it's simply overall clever, it's really a shame people think her clumsiness and greed ( mostly for food, ofc. ) make her stupid.

She killed her own son.
"She killed X, Y, Z for dumb reasons" is not a counter to "She was aiming at a very weak target, thus she shouldn't be using her full strength".

Being stupid and killing for petty reasons does not equal "will use her full strength to accomplish these murders". Your fly example might be seen as "overcompensates for weak opponents", but that doesn't mean she'd use her full strength either, just more than what she needed.
Slamming a 2 ton old lady into the ground is not justification for Tier 6 Attack Potency, regardless if its SS or LS. He never overpowered her, and the act of overpowering would be LS only anyway.

"wounds"? We'll have to wait for the anime, because saying two very small panels, one of which does not show wounds at all (see the 1015 scan) are showcasing more wounds, is also very unreliable. We could say it's dirt from literally being slammed into the ground. It is well known that assuming having "hashtags" around your body is not enough to conclude damage.
The "long time" part needs to go, two chapters is not a long time at all, and we have to reason to assume it is. Judging by the events, it'd be bold to claim 5 minutes even passed between 1013 to 1015.

Cognac is reliable.
She was striking a small child. This is what happens when she strikes at full strength. (Referring to the shockwaves, which do happen even if only one party have/is using Haki)
Cognac is unreliable.

I forgot to say this, but it's also because she's cocky. People think she's stupid because she's really cocky, but that's just what happens when you haven't been significantly harmed in decades.

"She killed X, Y, Z for dumb reasons" is not a counter to "She was aiming at a very weak target, thus she shouldn't be using her full strength".

Being stupid and killing for petty reasons does not equal "will use her full strength to accomplish these murders". Your fly example might be seen as "overcompensates for weak opponents", but that doesn't mean she'd use her full strength either, just more than what she needed.

Slamming a 2 ton old lady into the ground is not justification for Tier 6 Attack Potency, regardless if its SS or LS. He never overpowered her, and the act of overpowering would be LS only anyway.

"wounds"? We'll have to wait for the anime, because saying two very small panels, one of which does not show wounds at all (see the 1015 scan) are showcasing more wounds, is also very unreliable. We could say it's dirt from literally being slammed into the ground. It is well known that assuming having "hashtags" around your body is not enough to conclude damage.
The "long time" part needs to go, two chapters is not a long time at all, and we have to reason to assume it is. Judging by the events, it'd be bold to claim 5 minutes even passed between 1013 to 1015.

She was striking a small child. This is what happens when she strikes at full strength. (Referring to the shockwaves, which do happen even if only one party have/is using Haki)
Cognac is unreliable.
Lmao it said Kaido vs big mom was erotic imagery wth?

First, chill.
She is dumb in how she manages her own power. She will overcompensate, and kill over pettiness.
I am chill, but I just hate how people think she's stupid. And no, she still isn't dumb, not even in battle. Cockiness isn't stupidity. She's actually pretty smart in battle but her cockiness gets the better of her sometimes and she underestimates dangerous foes until the point where it's too late.

I am chill, but I just hate how people think she's stupid. And no, she still isn't dumb, not even in battle. Cockiness isn't stupidity. She's actually pretty smart in battle but her cockiness gets the better of her sometimes and she underestimates dangerous foes until the point where it's too late.
"Killing a fly with a punch capable of destroy the entire castle isn't dumb, she is just cocky".
I rest my case.

Cognac is unreliable.
Ngl I kinda agree with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back