• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece power scaling downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I know that the large island level cal came from whitebard so he is definetly High 6-C

But on the other hand I realise all of the High tiers are considered high 6-C

I beleive only characters that fought against whitebard ( and cause damage ) should be large island level

These characters include

Gol D. Roger

Monkey D. Garp

Akainu

Kuzan

Blackbeard

Shanks ( because of that casual clash with Whitebard )

Beacuse either way its not like these characters have shown these feats, so every character besides the ones above should be reduced one tier lower to tier 6-C

The Admirals are all comparable to each other in power, or else they wouldn't be where they are, so Kizaru should still scale to Akainu and Kuzan.

Marco fought Kizaru, which allows him to scale.

Kaido and Big Mom are still members of the Yonkou. If they were that much weaker than Whitebeard than they wouldn't be where they are and Big Mom is able to handily stomp any member of the Straw Hats (as seen when she brutalized Brook). They also get the scaling.

Dracule is Shanks' rival. Plain and simple.

Sengoku fought Blackbeard he was using the Gura Gura no Mi. As Fleet Admiral, he should be at least as strong as his subordinates, the Admirals.

Dragon is only hype, but he should still matter given that he's a more wanted man than the likes of Shanks. He's probably the most iffy one.

Shiki fought Gold Roger, so he scales.

Zephyr also fought the Admirals.

being called "the most dangerous person" doesn't justify anything. it could mean other things, rather than just power. he's pretty much featless.

I agree with Reppuzan, and do not mind changing Dragon to unknown statistics.

I am uncertain if Zephyr is really as high as we have placed him however.

@Reppuzan Think of it like this

From regular 6-C to High 6-c isnt thant big of a jump and Yes Kizaru is an Admiral but he didn't do enough fighting against WB to be considered High 6-C

Also Sengoku fought BB when he now get the gura gura no mi that doesn't mean his durability suddenly changed to large island level, BB is powerscaled to the other Yonko thats why he has tier High 6-C ( this happend after the timeskip

@JCQ

Regardless, I highly doubt Kizaru is weaker than Akainu or Kuzan.

Sengoku should not be weaker than any of the Admirals as he is their superior in rank. With few exceptions, Rank is generally a very good indicator of general power in the Marines.

Edit: The scene I posted earlier was anime only, exclude that.

I think it would be more accurate to put Likely high 6-C especially for likes of Dracule since it was said he fought Shanks and was his rival for that reason, but it doesn't immediately mean they were on same lvl and there is also to consider that happened couple of years ago so maybe they were a bit weaker back then.

When it comes to Whitebeared I still don't understand why that calc was accepted as AP. It was clearly stated Whiteberaed can spread vibration trough air as well and there is underground echo which would allow vibrations to move even further and most important when it came to that Island that supposed to be that far away it didn't do any damage not to mention that if vice admiral is like mountain lvl than his head should of been obliterated by a large island lvl attack and he should of done damage to his ship as well like he damaged almost half of marinfored (don't remember the name well) when he attacked Akainu. So basically it's high 6-C for the vibrations but no damage at all lol, that as well should be placed as likely High 6-C at least that much.

@William

It's stated in the story that Shanks has lost none of his power even after losing his arm. Mihawk just doesn't like the idea of fighting a handicapped man.

The attack was still performed by his own power and it's likely authorial ignorance since the gore rarely goes beyond severe burns and holes in one's body. There are many instances in fiction where a character should be able to pulp another with a single hit (i.e. Lancer vs Shirou in Fate/Stay Night), but don't do so for the sake of the plot.

I still think that Dracule should have likely high 6-C until a better confirmation and since one piece isn't ending any time soon we probably will have something

Lancer against Shirou ain't the same since we actually got Whitebeared killing the dude, but as I said it's vibrations that were calculated not the AP thou I am still fine with that since Whitebeared has statements of having the power to destroy the world probably a hyperbole but still it shouldn't be surprising if he can do large island damage.

But as I already said for likes of Dracule it's better to have likely since there are huge possibilities to actually see something from him in the future that can confirm his lvl of power. Same thing should go for yonko since Whitebeared was anyway stated as more powerful than the rest and I doubt big mom is on that lvl since she looks more like hax user so basically it won't be any downgrade just to be a bit more precise with informations and kinda goes the same for admirals after all when Whitebeared got serious Akainu was reckt pretty bad.

@WilliamShadow

Mihawk is still depicted a consistent rival to Shanks and he also sliced apart the iceberg created by Aokiji freezing a tsunami with absolute ease, so I remain firm in this unless someone can convince me otherwise.

Regardless, Lancer is City level. Against an untrained magus like Shirou, a grazing hit should have left him a bloody mess, much less a kick to the torso.

Yes, the statements about Whitebeard being able to destroy the world are hyperbole.

Cutting a frozen tsunami isn't that big of deal if you count it's size doubt it goes over city lvl and on his page it was written that the upper part went hundred of meters in the air like really it was maybe 10-20 meters might a bit more don't have the picture in my head right now and rival doesn't not necessarily mean same strength not to mention no one saw their battle.

The kick isn't necessary full strength he could of hold back for fun of beating him up as usual.

@WilliamShadow

He still effectively sliced through an application of an Admiral's powers. He was also completely unscathed throughout the entire war.

Lancer was aiming to kill and he isn't a ****** that he'll take pleasure in beating up an immensely weaker being.

@Repuzzan Well it's still ice it was not stated as being so much more stronger than normal ice and wait wasn't his most powerful swing tanked by island lvl dude in that case he has to go on large island lvl by that logic.

Wasn't Lancers city lvl from his spear attacks and not physical strength example Sakura can do more damage with her punch than Naruto and sasuke but is still much weaker than Naruto or Sasuke.

The World's Strongest Swing refers to the technique, rather than the amount of effort Mihawk put into it. He just wanted to test Whitebeard and his crew, nothign more.

Lancer's Spear attacks would be nothing if he didn't have the strength to use it and he clashed with Saber and Berserker even while forced to hold back. That's why it says "physically" rather than, "with Gae Bolg".

He still only barely did some damage and you won't be saying it's his weakest attack after all that attack was going directly on Whitebeared and he said he wanted to test the "distance" between them and Whitebeared so I really doubt he was holdin back.

Yeah, I know still thou he trained his hands so his kick might be weaker like again in case of Sakura since he has no need for huge strength in his legs.

And again saying that he is likely high 6-C isn't really a downgrade it's just saying there isn't a feat that proves that statement.

@WilliamShadow

At the same time, there's no indication that he was trying his hardest in that swing. Regardless, he still scales to Shanks and their clashes shook the Grand Line to the point that Whitebeard stated that his ears were ringing afterward.

Er... no. Absolutely not. Lancer is known for his incredible jumping ability and speed (Which requires the use of his legs and thus their power) and is said to throw his spear from the tips of his toes all the way up to his arms to maximize his throwing power. That argument is just ludicrous.

Being a respected rival of a Yonkou should more than justify that rating. Shanks still treats him like an equal even after losing his arm.

@reppuzan Well if Shanks isn't any weaker why wouldn't he treat him as rival and actually with Shanks being with only one hand that would make the battle for Mihawk easier and yet he still considers as his rival not equal.

My point is Mihawk is large island based on assumptions so it would be fair to put Likely. And if you are testing the most powerful man in the world you would hold back and since there isn't a proof of either it's actually more logical to think he was going almost all out since I repeat he was testing the most powerful man in the world.

Okay that for Lancer is not that important anyway.

@William

Mihawk likes fighting. He dislikes fighting someone who isn't at their absolute best. That's it.

You still seem to be missing the fact that Shanks also clashed with Whitebeard with one arm while Mihawk clashed with Shanks on numerous other occasions. Yes, Whitebeard is stronger than him, but given his history with Shanks, it doesn't make sense for him to have a much lower rating when even Akainu wouldn't dare attack a one-armed Shanks carelessly.

WilliamShadow said:
@reppuzan

My point is Mihawk is large island based on assumptions so it would be fair to put Likely. And if you are testing the most powerful man in the world you would hold back and since there isn't a proof of either it's actually more logical to think he was going almost all out since I repeat he was testing the most powerful man in the world.
That was the actual important part anyway it should be best if other members said something about this as well since we have different point of views anyway.

@WilliamShadow

In addition, about the Jozu point, it should be noted that Jozu is powerful enough to draw blood from Aokiji, making your point about the difference in power moot.

You don't have to be stronger than a Large Island level character to be Large Island level. Being comparable and/or slightly weaker will get you the rating as well.

Isn't jozu island lvl pretty sure there is a solid difference there and we are talking about tanking apparently a large island lvl attack with almost no damage so by that point of view he should be almost the same low end Large island lvl which from his other battle doesn't seem to be that way.

@William

Again, Mihawk only uses as much strength as he deems necessary. He was only testing Whitebeard and he didn't expect Jozu to jump in the way. As seen with his fight with Luffy, energy slashes like those are casual for him.

^Are you seriously comparing toying around with Luffy with a random attack and testing the most powerful man in the world with his strongest ability? You are being ridiculous with that and where exactly is the problem with adding "likely" since we don't have any solid proof but assumptions?

@William

Clashing with a member of the Four Emperors, who are far above literally everyone else in raw power, is enough a feat in itself.

Then there's the fact that he shook the Grand Line (an area filled with an entire ocean and hundreds of islands) in his clashes with Shanks.

If you wish to keep it that way fine it's not a problem for me.

Another random statement done by Whitebeared and the fact they have "shakened" the grand line doesn't have to be taken literally.

Anyway i end it here since we aren't going anywhere like this.

I continue to think that Reppuzan makes sense. Perhaps we should close this thread?

^might wait for someone elses input, but I doubt anyone else will bother with it so I guess you could close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back