• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I disagree with some of the statistics ratings in One Piece profiles. If what I wrote has been discussed in other CRTs, just post the link to that CRT.

Sakazuki
As far as I understand, the reason why Sakazuki's AP is scaled to Whitebeard's Earthquakes AP is because in canon sources, Magma Devil Fruit is called the fruit with the strongest attack power many times. From here, Magma Fruit>Earthquake Fruit, then Sakazuki and characters like Aokiji who scale from Sakazuki would also be 5-C. I find this logic wrong. Akainu's fruit allows him to use magma hax, and magma is a hax that works like a kind of durability negation. I checked the Magma Manipulation page and I was surprised that it didn't say durability negation. I think it should be a kind of dura neg since it can melt the opponent like Acid Manipulation. So Akainu has a stronger attack with dura neg than WB's earthquake fruit. Similarly, WB's physical strength should not be measured by the strength of his earthquakes. In short, I think it should be rated as follows:

• Whitebeard and Blackbeard earthquake fruit users are 5-C with the AP of earthquake fruit, not 5-C physically. Sakazuki's fruit is also the strongest attack fruit due to its melting and heat. It does not scale to Earthquake fruit in terms of AP.
From what I understand, most characters in the series scale to Whitebeard's 5-C. That's why the Magma fruit>Earthquake fruit statement is such an important and debatable statement.

5-C WB?
I also find WB's 5-C suspicious. Even if Sengoku and Tsuru knew how powerful WB was, they might still have used exaggerated sentences. Or they are talking about Marineford here, not the world. Considering that Sengoku cares a lot about Marineford, it is very normal for him to react like this to a power that can destroy Marineford. With the word Sekai, he might not be referring to the world, but to Marineford and the marines in it.

Sometimes the word conquer can be translated as destroy. For example, in the Naruto series, in the expressions about Orochimaru and Sasori's power, they translate it as "destroyed the country". But destroying here does not necessarily mean destruction. Their conquests and lootings are also considered as a kind of destruction. Sengoku may have said that this man is so powerful that he will invade the world. It is possible to think that WB could have done something like this if he wanted to, but did not. He is not a malicious person, he is a fatherly man.

Also, the praises about the power of most characters in the series who are close to WB are far below 5-C. It is said that an angry Big Mom can destroy the island. It would be an exaggeration for WB to be billions of times stronger than Big Mom. When Mihawk cut the iceberg, people were very surprised. If I remember correctly, Garp, who can fight Kuzan, was taking damage from the BB crew member who can turn into an island. So it makes more sense for WB to be 5-C only with the power of the earthquake fruit. With his physical AP, he should still be in the league of characters like Mihawk, Big Mom, Old Garp.

It was also stated that Imu's weapon can flood the world, and flooding the world is a feat that corresponds to High 6-A. If we consider that Imu's weapon's power will be greater than WB's, shouldn't WB fall from 5-C? Most characters in the series will be negatively affected by Imu flooding the world. Considering the difference between 5-C and High 6-A, there is no reason not to take this anti-feat seriously. For example, if a 2-C character had stated that he would die if he fell off a cliff, we could have called it P.I.S. But the difference between 5-C and High 6-A is not as big as 2-C and 9-C, and considering that Eichiro Oda specifically gave a weapon that could flood the world to probably the final villain of the series, isn't the author himself giving a potential at most High 6-A?

Finally, shouldn't destruction by earthquakes be considered environmental destruction?

Agree:
Neutral:
Disagree:

Ignoring the Akainu stuff, since I don't have anything to comment on that

5-C is POSSIBLY. To tap the sign, Possibly means a tier that has some backing, but it's vague. Exactly what's happening here.

Back