• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Dinkleberg Quinkleturd Big Planet Shake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you're in denial. That's all I can say because it sounds like you're disagreeing to disagree. Everything you've said here has been debunked, over and over.

The last thread accepted that crucial argument.

I respectfully disagree.

Nobody said a Mag 6 earthquake can destroy the entire planet. We said a Mag 6 earthquake can reach the entire planet. If you want to say "he can't destroy it in 1 attack", then Mag 6 earthquakes overtime a long ass time can pull out that effect.
I wasn't saying anyone said that. I pointed that out just to show that the statement can mean multiple things.

You don't know how earthquakes work. Repeated mag 1, 2, 3, 4, and even 5 earthquakes wouldn't cause the damage needed to pull out the destruction of a mag 6 quake unless Whitebeard stood there for dozens to hundreds of years just constantly quaking every second. Even repeated mag 6 quakes would just prolong the time needed for him to do freaking wall level damage to the other side of the planet.

Anybody who agrees with this argument is agreeing for the sake of agreeing or is agreeing out of ignorance.
I never argued that Whitebeard could shake the entire planet in a single attack at Magnitude 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 either.

If the mf is capable of affecting the planet on a scale of destruction accepted in the last thread, he needs no less than Magnitude 6, unless you're saying Whitebeard will constantly quake for hundreds of years until some walls have minor cracks in them.

In the previous thread I never agreed that Whitebeard could affect the entire planet at once.

All the destroy the world statements imply "wide scale destruction". That's the minimum of that damn argument.
Wide scale destruction is achievable without shaking the planet in a single attack.

You're looking for needless specifics.

A mag 6 quake is needed. No prolonging of any other damn quake. A mag 5 won't do the damage of a mag 6 quake, much less anything less.
The destroy the world statements support that there will be mag 6 quakes sent by WB.
The statements don't need all that damn context with every piece of support from the range thread pointing towards WIDE SCALE DESTRUCTION.
"Single attack" it doesn't matter. This isn't "pulv the world" that can be split with a timeframe. "Do this effect with earthquakes" does not have a timeframe or "amount of attacks" assumption.

Do you have any other valid arguments other than "it's the only value in this range"?

When it comes to deciding the legitimacy of a feat - especially a feat that has never happened, then I believe examining the specifics of how the "feat" happens is warranted.

We have multiple feats of Whitebeard in combat which depict the energy his outputting as being around Country level. You want to then add onto that that it is possible he is always actually outputting Moon level amounts of energy based on an interpretation of multiple statements for Whitebeard's capabilities. Except we have never seen these capabilities be fulfilled to match that interpretation.

As I stated in my earlier post, this is a big leap in power for an exceptional feat that has never occurred, and none of the characters who scale to Whitebeard/Blackbeard have this level of potency. I do not believe the statements from different mediums (which are essentially just repeating what the manga says) fulfills the criteria of "If incidents of a similar level are repeated consistently over time, they are unlikely to be outliers." These are not separate incidents being mentioned.

To be honest I'm not sure what other arguments you'd expect me to be making. We're discussing something that has never been witnessed on-screen so I can't just point to a specific panel and say "Look, Whitebeard didn't shake the entire planet here". What matters is just whether you think "destroy the world" can only be explained by shaking the entire planet at Magnitude 6 and I don't think that is necessarily the case.

Last edited:
Does this mean you're neutral for the proposal of the thread overall? Or just for it scaling to other characters beyond Whitebeard?
I am neutral regarding old Whitebeard being able to casually spam feats on par with absolute peak Kaido and Gear 5 Luffy.

If we are talking about Whitebeard going all-out with his greatest power feats being comparable, that seems much more sensible.

I am neutral regarding old Whitebeard being able to casually spam feats on par with absolute peak Kaido and Gear 5 Luffy.

If we are talking about Whitebeard going all-out with his greatest power feats being comparable, that seems much more sensible.
Thanks for clarifying. Because I'm pretty sure the current proposal in the OP is that all of Whitebeard's attacks get treated as being "6-B, Possibly 5-C".

Last edited:
If the statements are just for causing mass devastation then, not one of those statements points to it being solely a single attack. Having the "capability to destroy the world" is not necessarily the same thing as "the capability to destroy the world with one attack". Destroying the world over time also counts as "destroying the world".
0dbPhZx_d.webp

This sentence literally implies that tho,
unleashed a small portion of it's power (one attack), an ability capable of destroying the world itself

unleashed a small portion of it's power (one attack), an ability capable of destroying the world itself
The line "an ability capable of destroying the world itself" looks like it refers to "the power of the Tremor-Tremor fruit" to me, not the "small portion" part.

The line "an ability capable of destroying the world itself" looks like it refers to "the power of the Tremor-Tremor fruit!" to me, not the "small portion" part.
Yes. Agreed. It seems to refer to its full power.

The line "an ability capable of destroying the world itself" looks like it refers to "the power of the Tremor-Tremor fruit" to me, not the "small portion" part.
well, that would just be ignoring the whole sentence in my view and only just selecting portions of the full meaning

I hope you realize that not only would Kaidou and Luffy simply scale up, but the actual Bajrang Gun calc itself disregards all the Haki that is added to the attack, only accounting for the inflated fist. Despite this, it's not even 3x weaker than the Whitebeard calc.

For reference, strong Buso: Koka allows people to being relative with someone to oneshotting them (Zoro vs Killer), Hao Infusion allows people to go from getting near-oneshot by someone to being relative to that same person (Luffy vs Kaidou), and Buso Emission scales far above Buso: Koka in offensive boost as per Hyogoro's words. Bajrang Gun uses all three of these.

Trying to use the calc to say that the power of Bajrang Gun is below Whitebeard without looking at the confounding variables is, in my opinion making your argument hold almost no weight.

yee the ability he had just unleashed to defeat ace
Every other statement for the Tremor-Tremor fruit says that the Tremor-Tremor fruit has the power to destroy the world. Not that a small portion of it has the power to destroy the world.

Look at the wording of the sentence;

Whitebeard had unleashed a small portion of the power of his Tremor-Tremor fruit, an ability capable of destroying the world itself.

The Tremor-Tremor fruit is the ability.

So it is essentially saying is:

Whitebeard had unleashed a small portion of the power of [an ability capable of destroying the world itself].

That's why there is a comma after the "Tremor-Tremor fruit" part and an elaboration on what the Tremor-Tremor fruit means in this context.

It's like saying:

Smoker had joined the fifth branch of the Marines, the largest organization in the world.

Because of the way the sentence is structured, the "largest organization" is the Marines, not the fifth branch.

Last edited:
Bro you didn't even quote the full sentence, he specifically said "unleashed a small portion of the power of his Tremor-Tremor Fruit, an ability capable of destroying the world itself". The subject being discussed here is that his ability, the Tremor-Tremor Fruit, is capable of destroying the world itself. Not the specific output used in this instance. The comma should have explained that because commas are used to give pause to items in sentences, the item being given pause here is the power of his ability in itself, not his use of it in this specific event.

Last edited:
Every other statement for the Tremor-Tremor fruit says that the Tremor-Tremor fruit has the power to destroy the world. Not that a small portion of it has the power to destroy the world.
Bro you didn't even quote the full sentence, he specifically said "unleashed a small portion of the power of his Tremor-Tremor Fruit, an ability capable of destroying the world itself". The subject being discussed here is that his ability, the Tremor-Tremor Fruit, is capable of destroying the world itself. Not the specific output used in this instance. The comma should have explained that because commas are used to separate items in sentences, the item being separated here is the power of his ability in itself, not his use of it in this specific event.
Bro... It literally says he used a small portion of it's power, cable of destroying the world after defeating ace with it, something he didn't use very often against ace (99th duel), ace wanted to overcome that ability as stated and the actual statement comes after this attack of whitebeard (the 100th last duel)

It seems to me you guys are misconstruing the actual sentence and ignoring the rest of the full meaning of it to say that it's only talking about the fruit and not the attack/ability that he had just used...

Bro... It literally says he used a small portion of it's power, cable of destroying the world after defeating ace with it, something he didn't use very often against ace (99th duel), ace wanted to overcome that ability as stated and the actual statement comes after this attack of whitebeard (the 100th last duel)

It seems to me you guys are misconstruing the actual sentence and ignoring the rest of the full meaning of it to say that it's only talking about the fruit and not the attack/ability that he had just used...
Google what a comma is and stop trying to debate english grammar, against native english speakers, while you're a non-native english speaker. That isn't how a sentence is constructed in english.

Also the thing about Bajrang Gun being above and scales over everything else isn't anywhere implied or stated, idk why some people are acting like it is

0054.png

愛弟子ユビー救出作戦!
英雄ガープ本領発揮!!

黒ひげ海賊団に拉致されたコビーを救うべく、ガープは自ら海賊島に出陣!海軍vs海賊、勝者はどっちだ!?

黒ひげ海賊団に狙われたコビー!

規格外!!最強の拳骨炸裂!!

気になる本編は次ページから!!
さらに今号の「世界経済新聞」は拡大版!本編終了後の70ページも必見!!

———————————
Operation to rescue his beloved apprentice, Ubby!
Hero Garp shows his true colors!

Garp himself sets out for the pirate island to save Coby, who has been kidnapped by Blackbeard's pirates! Navy vs. pirates, who will be the winner?

Coby is targeted by Blackbeard's pirates!

Outrageous! The strongest fists/knuckle explode!

The main story will start on the next page!
In addition, this issue of "Sekai Keizai Shimbun" is an expanded edition! Don't miss the 70 pages after the main story!

We also have this statement from garp implying Galaxy Impact being stronger than Bajrang Gun btw

Last edited:
Can you provide reason why the "strongest first/knuckle explode" is an all encompassing statement that extends to all living entities in the verse or are you just assuming it does because it's stated to be the strongest?

Can you prove the "strongest first/knuckle explode" is an all encompassing statement that extends to all living entities in the verse or are you just assuming it does because it's stated to be the strongest?
It's a title that he has/is known for, similar to others like strongest paramecia, the statement comes after Bajrang Gun, implying it's stronger

I hope you realize that not only would Kaidou and Luffy simply scale up, but the actual Bajrang Gun calc itself disregards all the Haki that is added to the attack, only accounting for the inflated fist. Despite this, it's not even 3x weaker than the Whitebeard calc.

For reference, strong Buso: Koka allows people to being relative with someone to oneshotting them (Zoro vs Killer), Hao Infusion allows people to go from getting near-oneshot by someone to being relative to that same person (Luffy vs Kaidou), and Buso Emission scales far above Buso: Koka in offensive boost as per Hyogoro's words. Bajrang Gun uses all three of these.

Trying to use the calc to say that the power of Bajrang Gun is below Whitebeard without looking at the confounding variables is, in my opinion making your argument hold almost no weight.
Okay. I suppose that seems to make sense, but I am not a very good person to ask.

"Unleashes a small portion of his power, the tremor-tremor fruit, an ability capable of destroying the world."
So...
Power here is directly relative to the release of a small portion. That implies Whitebeard can release higher levels of power than CAN achieve world destruction. That sentence makes it sound like the small portion of his power (in a single move) implies a larger portion of said power can indeed bring worldwide destruction.
Nothing says "An ability that AT FULL POWER/at its fullest potential/when released to its full extent>>can destroy the world". That's like saying "The pika pika, which can move at light speed" and then assuming that's not its average, but ITS FULL POTENTIAL (which already got disproven)
Or "The Magu Magu, which AT FULL POWER has the highest offensive capability".
So on and so forth.
If an ability has a statement of certain magnitude, it usually (if not always) applies to its average unless otherwise is explicitly stated.

The stonewalling is actually insane right now.

I believe only Antvasima has suggested that.
That's not what the OP is arguing.
If Antvasima misunderstood, the OP or supporters can explain to him the intent of the thread. It's not something to sidetrack over like it's a main argument.

In all actuality it's 3-1 and the only other staff who disagreed said don't count his vote so this should be perfectly applicable.

What stops me from implementing this right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back