• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator

This thread took a turn for the worst where we had to end up tackling the scaling of the god tiers, like usual.

A while ago I made a sandbox working on the scaling of the god tiers in the verse.

Here's basically how it goes.

Scaling​

Akainu has the highest offensive power of all devil fruits, which means his AP scales above the casual Whitebeard Feat.

Aokiji is equal for reasons I shouldn't have to explain, I.E. matching him.

Sick Whitebeard consistently swats away/matches hits from Akainu.

A prime Whitebeard matched Kozuki Oden.

A stronger Kozuki Oden matched Kaido.

A stronger Kaido matched Big Mom. Kaido is also stated in the Ace novel to have the highest battle power of all the Yonko.

The Whitebeard pirates have blocked and matched hits from the Red and Blue Admirals and backscale from WB. I am not elaborating on this again. We've had several discussions about it and I won't hesitate to make a discussion rule against it if I hear it again.

Kizaru is relative to Marco.

Rayleigh fought Kizaru.

Shiki and Chinjao are equal to Roger and Garp.

Mihawk > Shanks

Beckman's equal to Shanks

Blackbeard backscales from Ace w/out Gura, then scales to Sengoku and Garp with it.

What Should we do?​

They all scale, just new scaling chains.

I agree with everything else, but since last thread "one/two hands" were a big thing deciding scaling I think I should mention that Oden only ever used one of his sword's to match Base Kaido, and against WB it was two swords.
"Comparable to base Kaido" via the implications of the fight then

would look even better with references
I agree. Since the whole 1-handed / 2-handed thing is a relevant topic like Emin mentioned, that should be taken into account with the list in the OP.

1-handed Whitebeard was stopping Akainu's attacks; so is two-handed Whitebeard twice as strong as Akainu's DF?

1-handed Shanks matched Whitebeard, so is 2-handed Shanks/Mihawk twice as strong as Whitebeard?

I do have questions on the Shanks stuff. Why is Mihawk stronger (I saw the statement about being the strongest swordsmen but since he and Shanks havent fought in all this time should they still scale to one another, and for what reason do we place his first mate as equal?

Also why is the Oden that fought Whitebeard, weaker than the one that fought Kaido?

I do have questions on the Shanks stuff. Why is Mihawk stronger (I saw the statement about being the strongest swordsmen but since he and Shanks havent fought in all this time should they still scale to one another,
and for what reason do we place his first mate as equal?
Stated to be equal via databook
Also why is the Oden that fought Whitebeard, weaker than the one that fought Kaido?
Screen_Shot_2021-11-22_at_2.56.57_PM.png

Returning (2nd Wano Oden) many times stronger than when he'd left (1st Wano Oden/Pirate Oden)

Did he ? Like his limbs are not on panel?

Anywhay using the multiplier on this case should be fine right? Considering how casual the feat was
Yeah we see that he's just casually sitting down with Roger and Whitebeard before and after and the only indication of starting the earthquake was Whitebeard shouting and his crew reacting "Pop's is angry". A similar thing happened with Blackbeard on his island where his voice caused an earthquake.

Yeah we see that he's just casually sitting down with Roger and Whitebeard before and after and the only indication of starting the earthquake was Whitebeard shouting and his crew reacting "Pop's is angry". A similar thing happened with Blackbeard on his island where his voice caused an earthquake.
Didn't the Anime show Whitebeard and Blackbeard moving their hans to cause the earthquakes?

Whitebeard's Physicals > Akainu's DF > Whitebeard's DF

WB smacked his attack with 1 hand. That's where it comes from

Didn't the Anime show Whitebeard and Blackbeard moving their hans to cause the earthquakes?
At the very least with Blackbeard that doesn't make much sense considering he sent a blast shockwave inside a building, surrounded by fodder on his body.

Wait hold on wasn’t many considered a 4x multiplier due to being bigger than several which is at least 3?
We're not considering that because there's no valid reason to consider him that much stronger than everyone else, or else the Yonko power balance wouldn't be a power balance since they'd utterly stomp everyone else.

We're not considering that because there's no valid reason to consider him that much stronger than everyone else, or else the Yonko power balance wouldn't be a power balance since they'd utterly stomp everyone else.
Feels weird straight up ignoring a statement like that but yeah that’s understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back