• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

FO4ZyOWVkAEfTna.jpeg

Welp, don't click on it, just trust me on the px.
0OIfkir.png

Onigashima's eye: 293px/863.28m
Kaido: 24+45+22+17+21+31+39+27+41+89+23+19+41+52 = 491px

Kaido is 1.45km long.
Might be better to use Momo since Kaido and him are relative but he's not inflated which may effect his length.

Last edited:
Would be interesting if we got an official length for Kaido's Dragon mode which we could use for scaling.

Would be interesting if we got an official length for Kaido's Dragon mode which we could use for scaling.
Kaido's size is kinda inconsistent (as everything in OP), so it would be nice, yes.
And we might get a more solid estimation on Onigashima's size based on Kaido's size.

Might be better to use Momo since Kaido and him are relative but he's not inflated which may effect his length.
Though Momo is kind of curled too. Even more so than Kaido is in the sky, so it'd be a little harder with that.

Question: If WB covered his face with armament Haki, much like Vergo, would Akainu still vaporize part of WB's head? Or would WB at the very least reduce the damage since Armament Haki has Heat Resistance? He blocked a Red Dog attack & knocked away Akainu with his Bisento without it ever melting meaning his haki is still good enough against Heat based attacks much like Shanks.

Question: If WB covered his face with armament Haki, much like Vergo, would Akainu still vaporize part of WB's head? Or would WB at the very least reduce the damage since Armament Haki has Heat Resistance? He blocked a Red Dog attack & knocked away Akainu with his Bisento without it ever melting meaning his haki is still good enough against Heat based attacks much like Shanks.
Vergo, as well as Doffy, Katakuri- but yeah, he'd likely tank it. The only reason Akainu shaved half his head off is because he was already dying and it's very likely his spirit was getting weaker by then (Due to losing his son and choosing to die in that war)
He could barely use conqueror's at that point after the second heart attack, let alone armament strong enogh to fend off against Akainu.

Vergo, as well as Doffy, Katakuri- but yeah, he'd likely tank it. The only reason Akainu shaved half his head off is because he was already dying and it's very likely his spirit was getting weaker by then (Due to losing his son and choosing to die in that war)
He could barely use conqueror's at that point after the second heart attack, let alone armament strong enogh to fend off against Akainu.
In his last attack his fist made direct contact with Akainu body to hit him(logia intagibility+observation haki), wouldn't that confirm he can still use armament even at the end? Also vengence is a good fuel for his spirit at that moment. I thought he didn't bother to block because he already knew he was gonna die & was reckless(Doffy mentions that fighting emocionally can effect your fighting for the worse against Law if i'm not mistaken); but what you said works too.
As for why he didn't use conquers, it's for the same reason why Sengoku didn't use it: They don't want to KO their own men. At least with the earthquakes, his pirate crew knows how to take cover(as Jimbei explained to Luffy). What's more curious is why didn't Doffy or Boa use it? They didn't care much of either side gets hurts. Before you bring up "not wanting to hurt Luffy for Boa", she saw how strong his will was firsthand & would've probably figured out he could tank it.

I said this to someone else but works kinda for this situation

Question: Is it true that Akainu was supposed to die in Marinford but he was saved by the script or Oda changed his mind at the last minute?

The MonkeyOfTruth:
nah... I just think whitebeard isn't someone to kill someone or wasn't trying to kill

ever since the beginning whitebeard was holding back, he wanted to sacrifice himself for ace and the new generation... Once he saw ace get killed he got furious/serious and went for Akainu and quite easily took him out... I mean whitebeard saw akainu be alive while falling down even while he was furious he made his crew a chance to escape meaning he wasn't fully irrational
0575-006.png

0575-007.png

so basically whitebeard could've killed him if he wanted to but it would've probably risked his pirate crew because he was trying to let them escape

so basically 🐵 Whitebeard was trying to sacrifice himself and even getting hit to hit his opponent back so that his crew could get a chance to escape and so it'll be easier for whitebeard to land a hit.

There is also kinda support to that via Whitebeard not caring or reacting and attacking back nearly instantly
0575-005.png

Also it's haki vs haki so the One with the stronger haki in that moment will be able to utilize their devil fruit more if the other haki user wasn't strengthening his Armament haki much

In his last attack his fist made direct contact with Akainu body to hit him(logia intagibility+observation haki), wouldn't that confirm he can still use armament even at the end? Also vengence is a good fuel for his spirit at that moment. I thought he didn't bother to block because he already knew he was gonna die & was reckless(Doffy mentions that fighting emocionally can effect your fighting for the worse against Law if i'm not mistaken); but what you said works too.
As for why he didn't use conquers, it's for the same reason why Sengoku didn't use it: They don't want to KO their own men. At least with the earthquakes, his pirate crew knows how to take cover(as Jimbei explained to Luffy). What's more curious is why didn't Doffy or Boa use it? They didn't care much of either side gets hurts. Before you bring up "not wanting to hurt Luffy for Boa", she saw how strong his will was firsthand & would've probably figured out he could tank it.
Well, he could likely use the baseline invisible armament like Luffy did vs Caesar, at best. Not the Koka for actual hardiness.
And no, Whitebeard was about to use Conqueror's when Ace was going to get executed, but had a heart attack and Luffy did it instead. I could be misremembering, but that's the general view of that instance because WB wouldn't have been able to reach them quick enough.
A lot of CoC users not using it in MF could be chalked up to just writing and plot convenience. Why didn't Luffy use it in the raid to thin down the numbers like he did in fishman island?
Plot

Question: Is it true that Akainu was supposed to die in Marinford but he was saved by the script or Oda changed his mind at the last minute?
I would say that's a testament of Akainu's durability(& maybe WB's nerfs). Afterall, Shanks is said to fight equally with an Admiral, Chinjao & Bullet hold Admirals to a somewhat simular level to Yonkou, Kizaru was gonna go to Wano if it wasn't for those meddling Samurai & their stupid Shougun...
The MonkeyOfTruth:
nah... I just think whitebeard isn't someone to kill someone or wasn't trying to kill

ever since the beginning whitebeard was holding back, he wanted to sacrifice himself for ace and the new generation... Once he saw ace get killed he got furious/serious and went for Akainu and quite easily took him out... I mean whitebeard saw akainu be alive while falling down even while he was furious he made his crew a chance to escape meaning he wasn't fully irrational
0575-006.png

0575-007.png

so basically whitebeard could've killed him if he wanted to but it would've probably risked his pirate crew because he was trying to let them escape
Buggy D. Clown said he doesn't forgive people who he his crewmates, especially marines who he was destroying fodders left & right. Heck he wanted to bring their island down with him.

He thought Akainu was probably gonna die/get incappitacted anyway & he wasted almost all of his stamina with that last attack. His next atteck didn't damage Blackbeard & his crew that much. Even Burgess, someone below Ace, could continue fighting without any problem after that attack.

Nah, it wouldn't risked them that much. He aimed his last in the opposite direction where his crew was.
so basically 🐵Whitebeard was trying to sacrifice himself and even getting hit to hit his opponent back so that his crew could get a chance to escape and so it'll be easier for whitebeard to land a hit.

There is also kinda support to that via Whitebeard not caring or reacting and attacking back nearly instantly

0575-005.png

Also it's haki vs haki so the One with the stronger haki in that moment will be able to utilize their devil fruit more if the other haki user wasn't strengthening his Armament haki much
Agreed🐒
A lot of CoC users not using it in MF could be chalked up to just writing and plot convenience. Why didn't Luffy use it in the raid to thin down the numbers like he did in fishman island?
Then again Doffy & Boa weren't that much involved in MF. I was guessing Kaido's fodders are stronger than Hody's. They're from pirate crews in the new world beaten by Kaido.
Wrong, cause they can focus it
He tried to use it but his health stopped him
Screen_Shot_2022-04-01_at_2.01.11_PM.png
Examples? Besides focusing it in a specific object/person near them.
Did he really? In the anime he just tried to get closer to Ace?

Then again Doffy & Boa weren't that much involved in MF. I was guessing Kaido's fodders are stronger than Hody's. They're from pirate crews in the new world beaten by Kaido.
Would be inconsistent with the fact that he still KO'd a lot of smile users and waiters in kuri town AND in Udon, though. If not the gifters, he could've lessened the numbers by thousands if he KO'd Waiters and SMILEs only.

But yeah, Doffy was just having fun and Boa was there mostly because of Luffy.

Examples? Besides focusing it in a specific object/person near them.
Databook blue deep
Intermediate stage
Manipulated at will by the user
As the user?s mental strength improves, he can control the haki! The user is even able to manipulate the timing of use, intensity and even the area of effect of the haki?s power. This ability can be used with great effect in a battle against many.
Rayleigh says that with training you can focus it to specific people.

Luffy knocks out 50,000 enemies and doesn't touch his allies or the innocent bystanders.
Did he really? In the anime he just tried to get closer to Ace?
screw the anime

Would be inconsistent with the fact that he still KO'd a lot of smile users and waiters in kuri town AND in Udon, though. If not the gifters, he could've lessened the numbers by thousands if he KO'd Waiters and SMILEs only.
Wouldn't it makes sense for him to keep his toughest minions in his main base, Onigashima, than in the other regions? Yamato didn't use it either for that matter. There probably wasn't as much of a need when Luffy has way more numbers here by his side than in fishman island(What would the udon prisoners or Brook to fight if Luffy KOed every fodder?). They could've very well been conserving their haki for Kaido not wasting it on every fodder.
Off-topic, but- His injuries look so much worse in the colored version. Goddamn-
Pirate Warriors 4 WB looks like a whimp compared to this champ.
Luffy knocks out 50,000 enemies and doesn't touch his allies or the innocent bystanders.
No one in Luffy's crew has a weak will, not even the weakest memebers Also i'm not seeing bystanders near the enemies he KOed.
Rayleigh says that with training you can focus it to specific people.
This is perfect, thanks!
screw the anime
The same anime that made Oden conquerous coating much clear that the manga? The anime that confirmed that the lightning from Kaido & Big Mom's fight was from the storm not the Emperor's directly? Or the anime that gives us timeframes?

The same anime that made Oden conquerous coating much clear that the manga? The anime that confirmed that the lightning from Kaido & Big Mom's fight was from the storm not the Emperor's directly? Or the anime that gives us timeframes?
To be fair, Oda is far more involved in the anime during WANO than any other arc.

The Fake Straw Hats were closer to him than any civllian, there's no reason for him to spread any further so no bystanders would've gotten hurt anyway. But whatever, Tempest already convinced me with the Rayleigh scan
To be fair, Oda is far more involved in the anime during WANO than any other arc.
Really? Nice to hear. Any clue if he was involved with the Sabo flashback at the end of Dressrosa(anime exclusive)?

Last edited:
The Fake Straw Hats were closer to him than any civllian, but whatever. Tempest already convinced me with the Rayleigh scan

Really? Nice to hear. Any clue if he was involved with the Sabo flashback at the end of Dressrosa(anime exclusive)?
Can't say for sure- I'll look it up in a bit. But A lot of channels I follow and an old twitter post made it very clear that a lot of the added scenes and certain moments adapted were going through Oda first.
And it was the first time i've seen it so all over, because Oda during.. Alabasta(?) said he has nothing to do with the anime. Don't know if the statement changed anywhere in between until wano, not counting the movies he wrote/designed for

Can't say for sure- I'll look it up in a bit. But A lot of channels I follow and an old twitter post made it very clear that a lot of the added scenes and certain moments adapted were going through Oda first.
And it was the first time i've seen it so all over, because Oda during.. Alabasta(?) said he has nothing to do with the anime. Don't know if the statement changed anywhere in between until wano, not counting the movies he wrote/designed for
Think it was zou arc where he stated to be involved

Back