• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

0002-02-Roronoa-Zoro.jpg

→Defeat your opponent with your spirit! He showed his superiority by disabling the natural devil fruit abilities of his opponent without using his Haki.
↑Destroyed the opponent with his spirit! He showed his superiority by rendering a natural ability holder inactive without using his high ki.
Damn... Confirmed it wasn't haki

Last edited:
Is it possible to use Adv. Armament haki without using CoA? If yes, does Adv. Armement give you intangibility negation by itself or do you need to apply CoA before negating intang?

Is it possible to use Adv. Armament haki without using CoA? If yes, does Adv. Armement give you intangibility negation by itself or do you need to apply CoA before negating intang?
If by color of arms you mean hardening then no, advanced armament is taking the hardening energy and projecting it out.
You don't need hardening for intangibility negation, the rudimentary invisible armor color of arms is enough, hardening just increases durability and AP.

If by color of arms you mean hardening then no, advanced armament is taking the hardening energy and projecting it out.
You don't need hardening for intangibility negation, the rudimentary invisible armor color of arms is enough, hardening just increases durability and AP.
Right. So why does pre timeskip Zoro have Adv. Armament in his profile? from what I can tell he couldn’t damage Enel and you can’t use busoshoku if you don’t have the intention to use it.

I get the whole goken and cutting steel thing. But as you said you gotta project the hardening energy out. He didn’t have hardening to begin with lmao. Unless we change it to a limited version where it states he can only project it but not harden with it.

Also, at least this wiki states “Outside of them being capable of imbuing it into other objects they can blahblahblah” which makes Zoro the exception, because he couldn’t lol.
Limited adv armament via goken maybe?
with that being said, thanks for coming to my TED talk 🙏

I get the whole goken and cutting steel thing. But as you said you gotta project the hardening energy out. He didn’t have hardening to begin with lmao. Unless we change it to a limited version where it states he can only project it but not harden with it.
To be fair, Zoro never landed a shi-shi son-son on Enel

Right. So why does pre timeskip Zoro have Adv. Armament in his profile? from what I can tell he couldn’t damage Enel and you can’t use busoshoku if you don’t have the intention to use it.

Also, at least this wiki states “Outside of them being capable of imbuing it into other objects they can blahblahblah” which makes Zoro the exception, because he couldn’t lol.
Limited adv armament via goken maybe?
with that being said, thanks for coming to my TED talk 🙏
Why DOES zoro have advanced CoA? Goken isn't advanced haki as far as I know.

"Hardening energy" does not exist. It's just emitting CoA

Zoro has it because his Goken principles are the exact same as the Wano samurai's techniques, who use advanced buso

"Hardening energy" does not exist. It's just emitting CoA

Zoro has it because his Goken principles are the exact same as the Wano samurai's techniques, who use advanced buso
Pre timeskip key states Zoro could apply goken to his regular strikes, if goken=adv. armament then why no enel hit?

He never used it on Enel. Zoro learned Goken to cut steel and thus recognises it as an ability to do that.

He was never told that he could harm Logia users with Goken nor did he attempt to use Goken on Enel.
Who told you this lie
He could, it was never a Lai restricted skill (although he always uses it with Lai moves) as in enies lobby he used it with a regular strike to attempt to cut through the underwater tunnel (it's also implied he used it when he cut Ohms sword).

Last edited:
He could, it was never a lai restricted skill (although he always uses it with Lai move) as in enies lobby he used it with a regular strike to attempt to cut through the underwater tunnel (it's also implied he used it when he cut Ohms sword).
For a later key maybe, but as of Skypiea he's still training to summon it whenever, and for Ohm's sword he just used more AP (deadass he just sent 2 more flying slashes at the same time)

A weakness in the irl sense, not a weakness in a fight.

If you had an ability that could cut through space and time, but didn't know it could cut through space and time, that doesn't make it a weakness of yours

A weakness in the irl sense, not a weakness in a fight.

If you had an ability that could cut through space and time, but didn't know it could cut through space and time, that doesn't make it a weakness of yours
Did a 15 second search on two characters off the top of my head in this wiki and found they have lack of knowledge on their powers as a a weakness, these being Eren yaeger and Scarlet witch.

Not knowing your own potential can definitely affect your chances of winning a fight, If zoro knew he not only could surpass steel but Logia intang skypeia would’ve probably ended much sooner.

Did a 15 second search on two characters off the top of my head in this wiki and found they have lack of knowledge on their powers as a a weakness, these being Eren yaeger and Scarlet witch.

Not knowing your own potential can definitely affect your chances of winning a fight, If zoro knew he not only could surpass steel but Logia intang skypeia would’ve probably ended much sooner.
Not knowing your own potential ≠ Weakness
Weakness: "Doesn't know everything his abilities can do" what?

Wouldn't Scarlet Witch's be legit because she's dealing with a form of magic that was relatively unknown to her that she kind of just heard about (at least in the MCU) which required her to essentially study it?

Wouldn't Scarlet Witch's be legit because she's dealing with a form of magic that was relatively unknown to her that she kind of just heard about (at least in the MCU) which required her to essentially study it?
That’s more or less Zoro’s whole situation too, funny.

Btw, after watching some Game of Thrones scenes, just thought of a good One Piece scene based off Game of Thrones:

When Dadan is confronting Garp about letting Ace die:

Dadan: Why?

Garp (quietly):...I had to do it, it was the best way to take down Whitebeard.

Dadan: You let Ace die.

Garp: I only did what the World Goverment commanded me to!

Dadan: If your government tells you to kill an innocent man, your government is evil! I loved that boy...like he was my own. He was good, he was kind, and you killed him! You lied to him and the others as a child, for a moment you even had me believing your lies about the Marines and their justice-

Garp: I DIDN'T LIE!

...I was wrong.

Dadan: Yeah, and how many died because you were wrong?

Btw, after watching some Game of Thrones scenes, just thought of a good One Piece scene based off Game of Thrones:

Dadan: If your government tells you to kill an innocent man, your government is evil! I loved that boy...like he was my own. He was good, he was kind, and you killed him! You lied to him and the others as a child, for a moment you even had me believing your lies about the Marines and their justice-

...I was wrong.

Wow, you really hate Garp

I can respect it

...I was wrong.

Who are Garp and Dadan supposed to be?

Who are Garp and Dadan supposed to be?
Dadan is Davos and Garp is Melisandre, from that scene in season 6 episode 10 of GoT where Davos confronts Melisandre about burning Shireen alive.

Because D&D hate religion so they turned Melisandre and the Sparrows into 1-dimensional religious stereotype nutjobs.

Yes I'm bitter about what they did to GoT.

Wow, you really hate Garp

I can respect it
His overlooked physical abuse of Luffy is honestly almost as bad as what Judge put Sanji through (minus the whole "iron mask and locked in basement" part), and he's such a hypocrite that it makes him unlikeable. I've seen parents in other anime who are about as bad as him get a lot more flak.

At least Sakazuki is what TV Tropes calls "Love to Hate", and doesn't deny who he is. Also, while it doesn't excuse Akainu's actions, an image of him as a child all but confirms that his childhood sucked, which no doubt influenced his view on the world a lot (but again, still not an excuse for killing those Oharans, although considering they all treated Robin like crap I really don't feel sorry for them), while Garp hasn't been shown to have had any tragic childhood like that.

People get mad at Akainu, but killing Ace wasn't out of cruelty, it was HIS GODDAMN JOB. Honestly, I'm angrier at Ace for making the entire fight meaningless by falling for an incredibly lame insult about Whitebeard.

If it wasn't Akainu, then it would've been those 2 executioners. Would Garp have killed them? Would they be considered pure evil?

What about Sengoku? He literally had his men hunt after an innocent woman just for being Roger's baby-mama.

I'm not excusing Akainu's most heinous actions (like murdering an innocent soldier who didn't want to die a meaningless death, although even then in real life desertion can get a soldier executed even in developed militaries like in the US), but people consider him an evil outlier while excusing Garp. At least Sengoku resigned after realizing how shitty his actions and his government were. And Sengoku was at least a decent dad.

The only reason I think Yasopp is worse is because at least Garp gave Luffy to Dadan to raise, which is one of the only good things he ever did for his boys, while Yasopp didn't even bother to make sure someone took care of Usopp after his sick mom (who Yasopp knew was dying) died. That's basically Yasopp abandoning Usopp like he didn't care about him. THAT'S ******* HORRIBLE. Even Garp wasn't that bad.

I could also bring up how Bellemere beat up kids just because they insulted her tangerines, but that doesn't count as being a bad parent since she was like the #1 mom towards her kids and never actually did anything bad to them.

Ah yes. I remember that. It was certainly the last good season of GoT
Season 7 had its moments:

1. The death of the Frey family

2. The despicable Sand Snakes getting what they deserved (especially Ellaria)

3. Samwell Tarly getting a chance to shine by saving Jorah

4. Randall Tarly getting his just desserts (though RIP Dickon)

5. Jorah reuniting with Daenarys

6. The music when the Dragons attacked the White Walkers was AWESOME

7. Jaime growing a pair

8. Theon growing a figurative pair

9. Excluding season 8, Euron in only season 7 was actually pretty fun (My favorite line is "Look at 'em. Cheering for a greyjoy.")
I am more bitter about what GRR didn't do to GoT i.e. not finishing the damn story
Facts.

I don't think he'll ever finish it at this point.

He's turned ASOIAF into the TF2 of literature.

Yeah we can't compare what Garp did to Luffy to what Judge did to Sanji. That's a ridiculously massive stretch
Well, they both wanted to beat them into obediance and wanting to be what they wanted (Garp beating Luffy up for wanting to not be a marine).

Of course, Judge is way worse since he not only imprisoned Sanji, but also encouraged his siblings to beat him up.

Don't get me wrong, Judge is like the 2nd or 3rd worse parent figure in the entire story (behind Big Mom and Kaido) and far worse than Garp.

Well, they both wanted to beat them into obediance and wanting to be what they wanted (Garp beating Luffy up for wanting to not be a marine).

Of course, Judge is way worse since he not only imprisoned Sanji, but also encouraged his siblings to beat him up.

Don't get me wrong, Judge is like the 2nd or 3rd worse parent figure in the entire story (behind Big Mom and Kaido) and far worse than Garp.
Garp was a loving abuser (sounds so twisted but it's true). Garp actually loved his grandkids and was just a harsh trainer.

Judge flat out said "don't call me dad".

Nah man garps actions are justified. Imagine you had a son (which would never happen) and your son told you he wanted to be a notorious thief when they grow up. It would be fun and games until you find out they are serious.

Back