• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

Garp was a loving abuser (sounds so twisted but it's true). Garp actually loved his grandkids and was just a harsh trainer.

Judge flat out said "don't call me dad".
True, but being a "loving abuser" isn't enough to justify, you know, being an abuser.

There is no "good damage" that comes from abuse of a child, it's just damage. Look at the (amazing) show "Bojack Horseman" and see what I mean.

The fact that Garp loves them but still works with the monsters who wants their heads makes it worse.

And while Judge is a pile of scum who honestly should've died, he still held off Big Mom to help the Straw Hats. It doesn't come close to making up for years of abuse but remember how Garp literally tried to smash the Thousand Sunny to pieces after Enies Lobby and stopped Marco from saving Ace.

Nah man garps actions are justified. Imagine you had a son (which would never happen) and your son told you he wanted to be a notorious thief when they grow up. It would be fun and games until you find out they are serious.
And he thought that violently beating his sons constantly would set them straight?!

It's not like that would only make his sons want to get as far away from him and his marine ideals as possible.

10/10 logic on Garp's behalf right there.

And the "which would never happen" jab is uncalled for.

On a lighter note, has anyone here other than Mitch checked out "Edens Zero"?

It's shockingly similar to One Piece in all the best ways (except, you know, being in space).

I'm honestly shocked no one has made a OP-EZ crossover yet with how similar they are.

I mean, I'm working on a OP-EZ-Fairy Tail 100YQ triple crossover, but other than that I've found nothing.

It's shockingly similar to One Piece in all the best ways (except, you know, being in space).

I'm honestly shocked no one has made a OP-EZ crossover yet with how similar they are.

I mean, I'm working on a OP-EZ-Fairy Tail 100YQ triple crossover, but other than that I've found nothing.
Yeah, Hiro Mashima is infamous for ripping off One Piece, Edens Zero is just the most blatant one. I have seen the anime and liked it, but then Fairy Tail also had a lot of promise in the early days

No way, my friend said the same thing...

Now I understand why I like Eden´s Zero...

Yeah, Hiro Mashima is infamous for ripping off One Piece, Edens Zero is just the most blatant one. I have seen the anime and liked it, but then Fairy Tail also had a lot of promise in the early days
He did rip off Shanks, but other than that a lot of the accusations are exaggerated

the-office-pam-beesly.gif

Well abour Garp action to Luffy and Ace (and prolly Sabo as well), just wait for his flashback about him being a father with Dragon
I seriously believe Big Mom and Kaido were better parents than Judge
Are you sure? At least on Big Mom she's even killed her own son Moscato without hesitation (yeah i know that she was starving at that time but still)
And she's also a terrible wife, like a very terriblr wife

I seriously believe Big Mom and Kaido were better parents than Judge
Big Mom forces her children to marry people they don't love so they can have marriage alliances and powerful children.

That's basically allowing her children (and usually their unwilling spouses) to be raped by marital license.

That's ******* evil.

She's like the Tywin Lannister of One Piece.

She'd be a Complete Monster were it not for her sympathetic backstory and insanity (which IMO doesn't fit with her villainous character).

Big Mom forces her children to marry people they don't love so they can have marriage alliances and powerful children.

That's basically allowing her children (and usually their unwilling spouses) to be raped by marital license.

That's ******* evil.
Arranged marriages are quite common in large sections of the world and it's really only Lola who strongly disagreed with the marriage she was being forced into. Chiffon and the mermaid daughter seemed to be quite happy with their marriages and Pudding was fully onboard with the plan to kill Sanji and capture the Vinsmokes

Yeh I have, and I agree there are definitely some similar elements between the two

Arranged marriages are quite common in large sections of the world and it's really only Lola who strongly disagreed with the marriage she was being forced into.
Regardless if its the real world or the OP World that you're talking about, arranged marriages are awful since they remove the right for the unwilling party or parties to give consent.

Arranged marriages where at least one side is unhappy/unwilling are never ok, fiction or real life.

And I'm pretty sure that most of Big Mom's children only don't show disagreement to avoid being abused/killed by Big Mom

Well... The others have devil fruits involved, weird diseases and weird nuclear bombs and shit, while senior pink is him being a gang member and not telling his wife... Basically it involves nearly nothing that's specific to the one piece world

But 🤷‍♂️🐵

And he thought that violently beating his sons constantly would set them straight?!

It's not like that would only make his sons want to get as far away from him and his marine ideals as possible.

10/10 logic on Garp's behalf right there.

And the "which would never happen" jab is uncalled for.
You would know If you were beaten by your parents when you were a child that that punishment is effective. That rebellious "I hAte My FaMily!!! cries" is only temporary then it's almost instant discipline.
of course there is a difference between abuse and discipline, and garp's case definitely does not fall under abuse. Both ace and luffy love garp and garp loves them with his "tough love".

My jabs are pretty powerful huh? LOL I'm just joking nothing serious.

You would know If you were beaten by your parents when you were a child that that punishment is effective. That rebellious "I hAte My FaMily!!! cries" is only temporary then it's almost instant discipline.
of course there is a difference between abuse and discipline, and garp's case definitely does not fall under abuse. Both ace and luffy love garp and garp loves them with his "tough love".
True!!! I know everything so this is right

Well, a major potential upgrade for a certain One Piece calc that would've been boosted by the OP planet's new size just got rejected.

Everything hurts, everything sucks.

Back