• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Sixteen Return to Sabaody Archipelago

5 years till one piece endd and Oda is pretty confident in that number, plus based on the reverie info and Oda hyping up Sabo, Hancock and Vivi being in danger I really can't see it requiring all the supernova to take down the Yonko or Luffy gaining a one time power-up like Nightmare Luffy when we're so close to the end and with such a big arc coming up after Wano.

So far we have been introduced to so many main players on both Kaido's army and Big Mom's family so many I doubt they'll just be sidelined to fighting nameless wano samurai, so I'm assuming they'll fight main players like the grand fleet leaders other strawhats and Supernova's, ultimately I'm going for the Zoro & nine scabbards Vs Kaido and Luffy Vs Big Mom just based on the info that's been presented so far to us to make theories on

Tbh, IDK how Luffy and co are going to win. Only Luffy is proven to have the capability to MAYBE fight a Yonko and not get outright stomped this time. But now they have to fight two of them + Kaido's Calamity. I've got confidence in Zoro taking on a Calamity at this point--Law as well if he bothers to show up, but let's say Luffy is fighting Big Mom. Kaido is free to do whatever he wants to whoever.

It's very likely that Kaido and Big Mom will betray each other if Luffy's group is somehow going to win this. Their relationship doesn't exactly seem to be a stable one.

This is assuming Luffy doesn't outright win... (Please don't pull a Demon Slayer with the power-scaling <_<. Readers will know what i'm talking about)

Well we know the 9 Red Scabbards are powerful enough to fend off the entirety of the Beasts Pirates as of a couple decades ago, and we've seen that at LEAST three of them are comparable to a single Calamity in 1v1 combat; if we presume the other 6 are of that level, that'd be 9 Yonko Commander-level threats supporting Luffy, which is an enormous boon in and of itself. Plus we have the entire Strawhat Crew together, plus the Kidd Pirates (hopefully), plus the Heart Pirates, plus (hopefully) the assorted Samurai supporting the rebellion.

It's definitely not an even fight, but it's enough such that the fodder of the Yonko crews are gonna get no-diff'd, and the Commanders are going to be tied up in a bad way

@Xul - This is assuming King and Queen don't turn out to be vastly superior to Jack. 20 years back, King and Queen were wrecking the 9 scabbards. However, assuming that King and Queen are each only marginally superior to Jack at the moment, 9 Scabbards destroy them after some time while Luffy and his crew no-diff the fodder then fight the two Yonko.

It would be too sudden if Zoro somehow became Luffy's equal over the course of just training a few days with a new sword.

I can see Zoro soloing out King, honestly, and Sanji alongside a Scabbard contending with Queen, leaving a Scabbard for Jack, Luffy to contend with Kaido and keep him occupied, Law and Kidd can try to occupy Big Mom for a bit, and the rest of the Scabbards and the three pirate crews keep the two Yonko Crews and Big Mom's Children at bay.

It could work

I have confidence that King will be strong; I think he will defeat Marco (Strongest Creature's First Commander vs Strongest Man's First Commander, Both flying zoans, both use "fire").

Reading this thread people have exceedingly high expectations for featless versions of characters. . . I for one do not wish to see a large power creep in a short period of time that may even be retconned as soon as Lin and Kai D O are over. :S

I'm not talking about power levels, i was talk about what make more thematically/narratively sense.

Because Zoro and BB had little to no interaction between each other, it would just feel random having them fighting each other.

They've had infinitely more interaction than Sanji and Jinbei have had with Blackbeard.

I still believe that Luffy and Zoro will 1v1 a Yonko each though at this point I'm not really sure which will fight which. Zoro has a lot of second coming of Oden vibes and eastern influence and not to mention all those theories and Ryuma and both being alcohol-lovers with scars supporting Zoro vs Kaido. Zoro vs Big Mom has the big advantage that BM is a swordsman and the 2nd strongest bad guy in Wano. The fact that she is a swordswoman is also good because we haven't seen Zoro fight a swordswoman yet so we could get some Kuina flashbacks.

Luffy vs Big Mom has the advantage that they are the only pair with a past history. They also both love food and have magic hats. They also have unfinished business from WCI. Luffy vs Kaido has the plus point that Luffy has been saying he wants Kaido's head and it's been sort of hyped up a lot in that he has said he wants to beat Kaido and Kaido is a melee fighter and the strongest bad guy in Wano.

Gonna assume Zoro is going to have a lot of fights in Wano (i.e the requirement for a black blade) he's already had the Magistrate, Hawkins, Killer, Kyoshiro, Orochi's Ninjas and Onimaru I can see him fighting King and then going onto Kaido.

@calaca: Have Jinbei and BB ever even met on panel ? And Ace sure but everyone and their uncle is angry at him about Ace though Akainu is the real culprit there. And that fight already happened.

Imagine thinking that Teach talking to Zoro is more of an interaction than he fighting with Luffy over food + talking to him in the same way + beating his brother + encountering him in Impel Down + provoking him with getting the Mera Mera.

On top of all the parallels between them.

But since Zoro is fruitless he's his matchup.

Zoro isn't fighting Blackbeard, out of the Blackbeard pirates he will probably fight someone like Shiryu or Burgess.

Both BB and Akainu are Luffy's opponents.

I dunno I just really think BB will go down to a fruitless person.

Not just because BB has an advantage against DF users but also because BB's whole shtick is using DFs to get stronger so it would be really fitting if someone who believes DFs are dishonourable and chooses to be strong without them beats him.

It could be Zoro or Coby but I'm leaning towards the former. I just don't see Jinbei ever being strong enough to take BB down.

Akainu has to be Luffy's final battle. This was sealed as soon as his fist went through Ace's body.

I'm not saying Luffy vs BB isn't a possibility but I do think it's more likely he'll fall to Zoro or Coby.

Zoro's final enemy could be BB, Shilliew or Imu. Maybe Gandhi Gorosei but that would be a stretch.

Tetsucabrah said:
Why are you so sure Zoro and Luffy will both 1v1 a Yonko. If they could do that they wouldn't need the coaltion they've built up.
I don't see why not, the Yonko aren't Yonko just because they are single people. Their armies are important. The coalition is required to beat the Yonko's armies.

Unless some Zoro- Denjiro- Kaido history is revealed I think at this stage it is most likely One Piece will follow the standard formula. Luffy will fight the the strongest enemy (Kaido) and Zoro will fight the 2nd strongest enemy who also happens to be a swordsman (Big Mom)

Marineford pretty much sealed the deal for both Blackbeard and Akainu being Luffy's final opponents for Navy and Pirates. Both played the part in the fate of Ace and the death of whitebeard.

At the end of fishman saga we're told about Akainu and Blackbeard because they're both important Foes for Luffy.

Back