• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Sixteen Return to Sabaody Archipelago

Everyone and their mother cry in OP. Not even kidding.

I wouldnt be surprised if we are given a super mega hyper emotional flashback where Sakazuki is traumatized that explains why he is an adamant justice enforcer.

That's for sure. To be such a bitch he has to had one of the worst backstories ever...

... or be Bakugou.

Out of curiosity, how would you order the Strawhats' backstories from saddest to happiest?

You can leave Brook out since his backstory is the least developed/deep.

>Sad SH backstories

>Ignore Brook

Quartet.

Trio.

Duet.

Solo.

Rants aside, I think Chopper's the most tragic. Rejected by his own kind and for humans as well, ended up provoking the premature death of the only person who helped him, and if were not by Doctorine he'd have been alone all that time.

Closely followed by Robin and Franky as third.

I also agree with Calaca i'd also argue Laws backstory is up there even if he's not a Straw Hat technically

Sanji is the third/fourth alongside Franky but the latter truly provoked the downfall of his father whereas Sanji didn't asked Zeff to save him.

The Calaca said:
Sanji is the third/fourth alongside Franky but the latter truly provoked the downfall of his father whereas Sanji didn't asked Zeff to save him.
Did you take into account Sanji's family and stuff? Or only the flashback given during his introduction.

Both. Sanji lived happy when he met Zeref but Franky attempted to die protecting Tom, failed and had to live blaming himself for it, trying to be as strong as he could but being sad in the end.

His mother died when he was young and he is assumed to live all by himself since then iirc. I don't know if you can call that a happy childhood.

PlumCrayfish376 said:
His mother died when he was young and he is assumed to live all by himself since then iirc. I don't know if you can call that a happy childhood.
Usopp's childhood is pure happiness in comparation to Nami, Robin and Brook.

Oh forgot about that...

Jinbei maybe ? I know Fisher died but was he as close to Fisher as Luffy was to Sabo... I guess you could argue Sabo never really died but Luffy's mom seems to be dead too. Jinbei was an orphan but he seems to have never known his parents. I guess Zoro's might not be that bad since he only had 1 death but it did affect him a lot and he too was an orphan. Though someone once told me 'fall down the stairs' is a polite way to say suicide in Japan, if Kuina did kill herself due to pressures from the outside world and misogyny and sexism and self-internalized feelings of inferiority and worthlessness as a girl...

Hmmm...

Honestly in the grand scheme of things Usopp's doesn't seem that bad.

RoronoaxRobin said:
After all these years, no other character's backstory hits hard like Robin's. Not even Brook's or Law's.
Keep laughing. Shishishishi.

Forking Saul. It hit hard.

Zeno is irrelevant here so I'll sentence you to death ovo.

While we're at it, what's your favorite laughter style/the one that marked you the most?

My favorite has to be Teach. His Zehahaha is ******* iconic.

However, the first one that I can recall is Arlong. It was one of the things that marked me and that made me like OP so much at first.

Gurarara because stache and Gura.

Which reminds me, does shanks have a laughter? And Mihawk?

Shanks has laughed but I don't remember a particular style.

Mihawk laughed once when Zoro asked him to train him and it was something like "Kukuhahahahaha".

@Usk I think so.

The most incredible villain of Pre-TS was Kuma for me. What a scary man. And he was truly strong. When he wrecked Oars jr. You learnt the meaning of power. That is still the One Piece clip I rewatch the most to this day !

I know he turned out to not really be a villain but still. When he 'killed' the straw hats OMG !

I remember reading Enel's laugh as Yeah Hahahahaha instead of Yahahahaha. It was really cool imo, but it wasn't like that at all.

Damage3245 said:
Yes... People react to light after it hits them.
You should pay more attention to the scan, they react to it before reaching.
Notice that she is in motion and an exclamation point appears on top of him, which means reaction, so yes, he reacted to that.

Back