• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Sixteen Return to Sabaody Archipelago

If Oda does pull something like that in the end it would most likely mean that it would be a commonly held opinion that all of the HST series ended badly. And would probably result in the HST as a whole being held in less regard for future generations of anime/manga fans.

On a side note I do think it's possible Luffy dies in the end after achieving all his dreams and becoming PK like Roger. As a result of his gears and Ivankov's hormone injections.

The Calaca said:
Oh yeah, a character's death means bad ending if it's the favorite of 40% of the fandom.
What the actual ****, seriously. How Zoro's death translates to bad ending?
because Zoro stan logic

If Zoro did die prematurely before his goal it may end up being bad writing (not that it would effect the series as a whole as this suggests he dies sometime before the ending) only because based on Ace I wouldn't put it past Oda to just create a carbon copy.

It would be pretty messed up if Zoro is going toe-to-toe with Mihawk, proving to be the better fighter if even marginally, but due to Zoro's focus being entirely on their intense fight, someone just waltzes in unnoticed by Zoro and kills him (Seems like some BS that Shiryu would pull).

The SHs would probably be bearing witness to the 1v1, and be attacked by the BB pirates. That's the only way I could see Zoro coming close to attaining his dream, but being killed off before actually succeeding. Would tear people apart.

That's just one of many fan-theories regarding Zoro. All we know is that he really is reckless, and this could lead to his death.

The Calaca said:
Oh yeah, a character's death means bad ending if it's the favorite of 40% of the fandom.

What the actual ****, seriously. How Zoro's death translates to bad ending?
Maybe it has something to do with ******** on a storyline that has been built up longer than most of the people on this wiki have been alive ?

Also how rare is it to see the lancer/ blue oni die in anime ?

Oda loves Zoro. If any SH is going to be killed off before the show ends then it's definitely not going to be our favorite marimo.

If Zoro would have to die, it must be done after he archive his dream, so that he can get a satisfy conclusion.

The storyline isn't about Zoro becoming immortal, lol. Dying doesn't negate the possibility of beating Mihawk, in the first place.

The stanning is okay, but stretching it to the point where the ending would be bad if the stanned character dies without knowing the context of said death is outright hilarious. Like, Zoro could very well have one of the most epic deaths in anime, being well written and paced, making sense for the plot and being relevant. At the same time, the series finale could close every Open plot and reveal everything hidden to the reader, making an ending that makes sense and it's what the show has been promising in terms of quality.

... but Zoro died so it's a terrible ending and it sucks.

I would love it if Shiryu backstabbed Mihawk during Zoro vs Mihawk, leading to Zoro beating Mihawk but only because of what Shiryu did.

i mean, some fans hated on Naruto and Bleach for mere "wrong" ships, and even burned bleach volumes cause "muh Rukia didn't get Ichigo's D"

seeing the amount of passionate fanboys/girls Zoro has (Zoro stans,as you call them) it is easy to imagine them going all crazy,if their favorite character dies in the end (especially if he somehow fails to achieve his goal)

Those endings sucked for different reasons. Average readers complained for Mid reasons while ignoring that the endings were completely pointless and void of content.

Neji fans complained his death because it was rushed and stupid, and everyone agrees that if dying, he should have done so against Kidomaru, for example.

I have faith that if Oda planned to kill any of his main cast he would do it well, but tbh the Mihawk fight deserves a satisfying conclusion rather than a premature finish or never happening.

I agree with this. It's funny how the comment was completely misunderstood as I never said Zoro would die before achieving his dream but dying before growing old.

The Calaca said:
Those endings sucked for different reasons. Average readers complained for Mid reasons while ignoring that the endings were completely pointless and void of content.
Neji fans complained his death because it was rushed and stupid, and everyone agrees that if dying, he should have done so against Kidomaru, for example.
all i mean, is that "stans" (fanboys) will find thing or two to complain over their favorite character's ending, even if said character survives in the end of the story

i personally think,that Thriller Bark was nigh perfect place to end Zoro, but hey, Oda is the Author,and maybe he has far more emotional and cool idea for Zoro's death, who knows

Stans will complain about anything, to be fair.

I'd be mad if Luffy doesn't beat Akainu but now we have Sabo who also has sentimental reasons to be the one, so it's hard to decide which one I prefer over the other.

The Calaca said:
Stans will complain about anything, to be fair.
I'd be mad if Luffy doesn't beat Akainu but now we have Sabo who also has sentimental reasons to be the one, so it's hard to decide which one I prefer over the other.
nothing stops Oda from making a good 2 v 1 fight against Akainu

and seeing how Luffy doesn't kill his opponents, i think Sabo could be the one who makes the finishing blow

I still think Luffy vs Blackbeard makes the most sense narratively but it's gonna happen ether way

Yes, although Oda has said he prefers 1v1 in most cases. While I'd like a 2v1, Luffy has his own likely rival in such event and that's something he wouldn't change by swapping characters at the last moment.

guys i feel like honcock might not surivive wano because of how so many are hunting her plus if theyf igure out shes a slave its automaticly over for her shes done.

Hancock probably will live, she is likely getting caught but at most they're going to be made a slave again, my worry is for Sabo since to this day I've wondered why Oda would just introduce (no offense) another ace to the story.

The Calaca said:
I agree with this. It's funny how the comment was completely misunderstood as I never said Zoro would die before achieving his dream but dying before growing old.
This is not true at all. I would be fine with this. You clearly insinuated he'd die before achieving his dream.

Also Sabo literally cannot beat Akainu.

Luffy vs Akainu and Zoro vs BB would make a lot of sense.

Zoro could also take on Imu or Shilliew maybe. Gandhi Gorosei is a long shot possibility.

On side note it wouldn't really be that bad if Sabo died since maybe Luffy could then eat the Mera Mera no mi.

Zoro vs BB mainly because Zoro doesn't have a devil fruit. I just can't see anyone with a devil fruit beating BB. And Zoro will probably be the strongest non-DF wielder around by the final arc (except maybe Coby but I just don't see Coby vs BB at all... though the idea is intriguing... I'll make a battle thread about it in 5-10 years)

Back