• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Eleven Sabaody Archipelago

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've made it out of the Florian Triangle from Number 10 Thriller Bark we've arrived at the Sabaody Archipelago!

3DF16942-C353-4CF9-A370-B932795B3879
4C6B0DBD-715D-40DC-B264-3BB63BA2C8D5
One Piece Opening 11 - Share The World-1
One Piece Opening 11 - Share The World-1

Luffy's vs Kuma! Luffy lose his Crew - Eng Sub
Luffy's vs Kuma! Luffy lose his Crew - Eng Sub

BCFA6C93-A8B0-4147-837A-347A8A12F724

Ah yes, nice OP as always Js!

Let's start this by announcing that 28 days are left before Stampede is out. The countdown starts now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/newworldartur/status/1149667410997391361

It seems that highlights of different characters will be shown per day, starting with Ann, a previously obscure event character who wields the power of the Bijyo Bijyo no Mi (Vision Vision Fruit), basically a discount Sharingan in the form of a Devil Fruit

Thanks this is a very special arc for the series so I wanted to do it justice (and the greatest punch in fiction was mandatory).

This is also the first OP to include videos since this arc's OP was share the world still one of my favorite openings.

I was waiting for a new one so i could partake, what do we do in these discussion threads? Are we discussing the arc or??

It's a OP General discussion thread where we talk about p much anything One Piece related. I got the idea from Calaca to name the seventh thread Water Seven it was such an idea I liked I decided to theme all the discussion threads after OP arcs.

Hehe good job Js, this looks great!

KobsterHope07 said:
Regarding Saga's Multi-City Block level+ for his partially possessed key and beyond - the description said it took Luffy's Gattling Gun and jewels to defeat him in that state. Wouldn't that means that Saga didn't withstand the barrage so he doesn't scale to it? Really need to see the movie.

Also, if that is true, that kind of thing should only scale to his Durability, no, if Saga really tanked a full rapid technique of Luffy head on. His attack Potency and Striking Strength should be "At least Multi-City Block level".
Mmm you're most likely right about him not scaling to the Gatling AP wise, although the only reason I put it him to Luffy's Gatling AP is cause he was overwhelming Luffy throughout most of the time he spent in this form and after being weakened and nulled by the three jewel orbs, he actually did somewhat tank the Gatling as it only brought him down to his knees and then he casually remarks that his strength is ebbing because of Maya and the Jewels blocking the Moons power. Although I should clarify that it took the Gatling, Bazooka, and Yari in that order while being nulled by the jewels to take him down and force him to be fully possessed by the sword, so sorry if I misinformed you hehe. But like you said that's most likely a durability feat then anything so it probably only scales there, but there is the possibility that maybe he scales AP wise to Luffy's Gatling.

Lmfao! Zoro know very well he didn't have to go that hard on those samurai like that! His Tatsumaki and the destruction it caused was simply beautiful! Speaking of beautiful, it's been great seeing Robin back in the anime. All of the in-canon filler (like Zoro's extended fight scenes, him hiding from the officers, and his group's reaction to his Wano wanted poster) has been filling in the gaps so well so far that it doesn't even feel like filler. Hopefully this improved animation at least lasts for the entirety of the Wano arc if it can't till the end of the series.

ETA: I forgot to add this, but I also really loved the new CoC eye effect and Luffy's interaction with Otama.

Alrighty, you guys know what's up…

STAMPEDE COUNTDOWN! 26 MORE DAYS TO GO!!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/newworldartur

Today's highlight is the main opposing antagonist of the Stampede movie: Douglas Bullet! He is a former military man until leaving and eventually joining the Roger Pirates, and after leaving the crew, he was imprisoned in Impel Down. In the present, he has escaped Impel Down and is participating in the Pirates Expo!

He possess the Gasha no Mi, a Paramecia-type Devil Fruit that allows him to manipulate and merge objects like iron and weapons at will. With this fruit's power, we can certainly expect him to make a large variety of mechanical creations.

2FB199F7-0DB2-47F4-AC42-190166BBA5E4
Douglas Bullet's conceptual art

This week episode was fantastic! Still loving the animation and the fillers, which is most of this episode, is really great and add to the overall experience, which is what an anime version should,do.

The effects really make those Zoro scenes spectacular (like the animation, the impact of his moves, the purple aura), and to think the whole encounter was just 1 page long in the manga. Imagine what it would be like when he gets serious and it's a climactic fight. Here he was in Mihawk's position from back then when they met, besting those magistrates with a small knife. Wano is tailor-made thematically for Zoro to show what he can do. Every time we cut back to him, it's like watching a samurai movie.

The interactions between Luffy and Tama are adorable, I love watching them together, it's one of my favourite things about early Wano! Looks like they're gonna expand upon Ace's visit, that'll be cool to see.

In other news, Conqueror haki has a new color. The scene was awesome! Luffy has become so powerful and he keeps growing!

I mean, look at how far our rubber boy have grown since the beginning of the series. He's becoming more of a monster as time goes on and he will keep getting growing as well. Hail our future pirate king!!!

I hadn't watched the episode yet (was really tired last night and needed rest.) but I'm gonna watch it ASAP.

Js250476 said:
So I'm guessing Prime Oars is country level to some extent 6-B One Piece is a Thing again ovo.
Whitebeard's tsunami is also 6-B too, Country level for One Piece could become a reality.

Yeah since the speed ratings is over that will probably come up again

For Oars we just need a flashback and timeframe to what he did. If it ends up being Wano then a size.

I'm still extremely doubtful of Country level One Piece. There needs to be some more feats to support it.

Most verses have their Highest Tiers on different cattegories with just one feat supporting IT and it's fine. Claiming that Low 6-B is too high for characters who can literally fodderize the majority of the cast is a non-sense.

And even Low 6-B isn't too far from 6-C. Biggest jumps in power have been seen.

On top of that, a number of calcs might be upgraded with the planet discussion.

IIRC it's 7.5 TT, I don't remember if 6-B starts there or where, but from high end Low 6-B and 6-B the difference is almost non-existent.

I'm sure we'll discuss it more in the future. I also want to take a closer look at the method used for that calc because something seems a bit off to me, but it's too early for me to say for sure. I'll look into it and hold my thoughts until later.

The Calaca said:
Most verses have their Highest Tiers on different cattegories with just one feat supporting IT and it's fine. Claiming that Low 6-B is too high for characters who can literally fodderize the majority of the cast is a non-sense.

And even Low 6-B isn't too far from 6-C. Biggest jumps in power have been seen.

On top of that, a number of calcs might be upgraded with the planet discussion.
This I agree with

Naruto and Bleach have Tier 5 god tiers and there accepted but when a OP god tier does something 6-B it's an outlier.

Js250476 said:
Naruto and Bleach have Tier 5 god tiers and there accepted but when a OP god tier does something 6-B it's an outlier.
This just sounds like complaining for the sake of it.

If another verse has an outlier, then it is usually called out on. I'm sure some people wanted to scale Kaguya's dimension-destroying attack to her normal Attack Potency and thus scale to a lot of other characters, but aside from that not being depicted as anything close to her normal AP it would also have been a huge outlier.

As it stands I currently do have problems with one of the 5-B calcs for Naruto and I'm working on something for that.

I think you missed the point I couldn't care less about that. But current Naruto power creeped to planet level and no one calls outlier because it comes from the established strongest characters in the whole verse.

Whitebeard is one of the 4 Yonko the strongest man in the world and able to body other top tiers like Akainu while half dead so him having the best feat in the verse makes sense.

Whether it's legitimate or not is another story but being an outlier shouldn't be one of them (especially since 6-C top tiers to 6-B god tiers isn't a absurd jump to begin with.)

Js' right. Accusing a feat as an outlier should be deemed for a verse that has no indications of being that strong.

In this case, Shirohige's not only the strongest man in the wolrd, while old and sick, but able to treat the other Top Tiers like children when half-dead, and a possibly reliable source deems him as capable of destroying the world. Baseline 6-B is reasonable for people like him.

We don't take Sengoku's statement on that seriously at all. Aside from how ridiculous it is, "destroying the world" doesn't have to mean literally breaking the planet. A man who commands tsunamis in a world where almost everyone lives on islands can cause mass-destruction over time.

I've never claimed that he could break the planet tho. You know that I'm reluctant to accept that as a feat.

That's the thing, tsunamis are really a massive threat. One as big as those Shirohige does could wipe a country and the after-effects would be catastrophic in our planet. Him being a big deal and one of the biggest fishes in the aquarium makes sense and it supports such ratings.

I seriously don't know what's the problem with having strong feats at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back