• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Sixteen Return to Sabaody Archipelago

LordWhis said:
The way I see it, Kaido got pretty casually stomped and then taken out by a cheap shot.
Help me understand that casually stomped conclusion? Oden wasnt exactly in good condition he was actually pretty hurt prior to getting one shot.

This chapter proves that PK tier fighters like Oden are way above Yonko tier fighters like Kaido.

My prototype of Oden's page-

AP: Country level- Clashed evenly with Whitebeard. Casually one-shotted Kaido

Speed: Relativistic+- Comparable to Roger and Prime Whitebeard. Blitzed Kaido

Durability: Country level- Tanked Gol D. Roger's Divine Departure with only very minor injuries.

Screenshot 20200131-203328 Chrome
Eh panel implies that he took a boros breath. Also Kaido stood right back up and 1 shotted him the same way he did luffy? Kaido quite literally aent back to base and got up how does that qualify for a one shot?

Also weird to put him on pk tier and then imply a bunch of Yonko crew low tier scrubs are what injured him so much? I'm not convinced

Also even if we agreed on pk tier to say way above doesnt sound right. He couldnt KO him with a named attack using presumably his full haki and strength and then he got 1 shotted. Even if we use the off guards argument i point to luffy vs kaido yonko level is way above commander level. Luffy threw a bloodlusted punch at an off guard Kaido and it dodnt do shit. Kaido swung once and luffy had a foot in the grave

Kaido getting up from Oden's attack was a endurance feat not a durability feat. He was completely F-ed by Oden's attack and probably had most of his internal organs diced up. Because of his endurance and willpower he was able to recover quickly and get up and continue fighting but it is pretty clear he was wrecked by the first attack.

He was incapacitated and completely at Oden's mercy if the old hag hadn't saved the day he would have been easily killed.

Reminds me a lot of WB vs Akainu.

Idk man he was definitely hurt but it's not like he passed out for all we know he could of changed forms and blocked in time either way the gap between them isn't massive. Oden was struggling to stand prior to a one shot

Endurance is irrelevant. Luffy's one of the most toughest motherf***ers in the manga yet Kaido dispatched him with nothing but a mace swing, and you don't see Luffy fighting back after that.

Oden couldn't beat Kaido with that attack, let alone kill him.

I have no idea how your mind could understand that scene as Oden one-shoting Kaido.

Kaido being on his feet is the most simple yet clear evidence that Oden didn't one-shot him at all.

Guys, what do you think about the possibilities that the barrier has Invulnerability? It blocked Oden's rage swing and shown has to be unbreakable in Barto's case. Of course the invulnerability is only up to 6-B and any higher is NLF tho

@Whis no.

My list remains as before:

tier 0: Kaido's durability & Oden's AP (Via Enma)

Tier 1: Xebex, Roger, WB, Big Mom, . . . . etc

Eminiteable said:
King put a lot of work in that last chapter, made Raigo run away in terror and took down Ashura.
That wasn't King who stabbed Ashura, the hand holding the sword in that panel doesn't match his. Judging by the panels, I'd say King was watching the traitor both literally and figuratively stab Ashura in the back.

The Calaca said:
Kaido being on his feet is the most simple yet clear evidence that Oden didn't one-shot him at all.
Akainu was still on his feet after WB one-shot him.

Checkmate.

What Oda was trying to portray was clear Oden > Kaido.

Whitebeard didn't "one-shot" Akainu. Akainu literally came back to continue fighting. The only reason he was "one-shot" was because he fell through the fissure created by the EQ.

I think Oden could have one shot Kaido if Oden did indeed go to slice his head off, Kaido after taking that attack was heavily bleeding from his wound and mouth as well as sweating profusely, seemed to **** him up quite a bit; also I noticed when Oden cut Kaido the wound seemed to have haki lightning effects coming from it.

On a side note I don't think Kaido intended for the old granny to trick Oden like that, although this is just in my opinion Kaido's face in that last panel look a bit shook and confused; the granny needs to die and so does the old man and I doubt they'll go out in a boring way like old age so Kaido will probably execute them imo.

the idea that Oden should be 6-B is pretty ridiculous if we take the fact that this takes place 18 years before WB's 6-B feat, and that Kaido was growing in power at this time period--and this should especially be taken note since he is considered to be a "newer" Yonko in the same sense as Shanks.

Do not forget that Kaido was a mere apprentice 16 or so years prior to this, and he wasn't shown at his current level of power until 20 years AFTER this event. That's an incredibly large amount of time to consider.

He even straight up claims that Oden would outright defeat him and his forces had he attacked a few years prior.

So if anything: Oden =/> 20 year prior Kaido which is ??? in comparison to his current level of power. It could be =, <, or <<< Current Kaido. We can also dismiss the notion that Oden is = to WB due to obvious reasons. If they are not blatant to anyone reading the story, that's a shame.

no reason to even pursue the topic of 6-B Oden when his opponent Kaido is at an unknown level of power at the given time.

P.S: Personally not understanding how Admirals can be 6-C if WB is still 6-B. Think about it. People <1/1000th WB's power can damage him and survive hits? zzz

Hard to tell which tier Oden is.

Imo, he would've killed Kaido had he not been caught off guard.
7f840c55acb900f8045d7ba0b670927b
I mean, 1.Oden was caught off guard, 2.Didn't use Haki to protect himself. 3.Was hit at the back of his head, 4.Fought against Kaido's army before, 5.Was seemingly hit by Kaido's blast breath when he used it before AND 6.Was still shortly conscious after Kaido hit him when he was caught off guard even though he was caught off guard and didn't use Haki to protect himself while Gear 4 Luffy was immediately one-shoted by a "stronger" Kaido into unconsciousness. And again, Kaido also fully Oden him at the back of his head which isn't a safe spot and Oden was already wounded before due to having to deal with the army and being attacked by Kaido's blast breath before. Oden and Kaido were clearly shown to be around the same strength, but Oden was stronger as one attack sliced the so called "invincible" Kaido up, giving him a scar and Oden was about to finish him off when he was on the ground. Kaido is said to have lost several times, pretty sure Oden is considered as one of those people who won.

Eminiteable said:
Oden has fought Primebeard and Prime Roger that's enough, him cutting Kaido is the icing on top.
Tbh Roger made quick process with him, then again, that was a way less experienced Oden and he wasn't one-shoted. Whitebeard also considered Oden as his brother and he clashed with him once, so Young Oden was already the real deal.

Kaido's durability won't change due to this, it was still considered invincible before Oden cut and afterwards as well, besides one shotting Luffy he hasn't really been known to be above everyone else in AP.

Unforgiven0815 said:
Tbh Roger made quick process with him, then again, that was a way less experienced Oden and he wasn't one-shoted. Whitebeard also considered Oden as his brother and he clashed with him once, so Young Oden was already the real deal.
Mhm, Oden was even ready to keep fighting with Roger had whitebeard not intervened. We know the Oden that fought Kaido was stronger than the one who fought Roger and Whitebeard.

Eminiteable said:
Unforgiven0815 said:
Mhm, Oden was even ready to keep fighting with Roger had whitebeard not intervened. We know the Oden that fought Kaido was stronger than the one who fought Roger and Whitebeard.
He was also dancing for 5 years on the streets, so he was out of shape. It wasn't even his prime, no?

Unforgiven0815 said:
He was also dancing for 5 years on the streets, so he was out of shape. It wasn't even his prime, no?
He wouldn't get weaker from dancing, it's very good exercise. But either way if he did (which is doubtful as he's still shown physically fit and equal to Kaido) It wouldn't effect his 6-B rating

Eminiteable said:
Unforgiven0815 said:
He wouldn't get weaker from dancing, it's very good exercise. But either way if he did (which is doubtful as he's still shown physically fit and equal to Kaido) It wouldn't effect his 6-B rating
Maybe not specifically weaker, but still out of shape in terms of fighting skills, as he'd be a Swordsman who didn't keep training the whole time. Even Kaido implied that had Oden attacked 5 years earlier, he'd be done for as Oden was more dangerous back then.

Unforgiven0815 said:
Maybe not specifically weaker, but still out of shape in terms of fighting skills, as he'd be a Swordsman who didn't keep training the whole time. Even Kaido implied that had Oden attacked 5 years earlier, he'd be done for as Oden was more dangerous back then.
I think a lot of you are misinterpreting that quote, he says that in the context of him not having enough manpower, not that Kaido himself was weaker back then or that Oden is weaker now.

CinCameron20 said:
We can also dismiss the notion that Oden is = to WB due to obvious reasons. If they are not blatant to anyone reading the story, that's a shame.

no reason to even pursue the topic of 6-B Oden when his opponent Kaido is at an unknown level of power at the given time.
It's not like Oden, WB and Roger considered each other brothers and drunk together and called each other Chan or anything...

Seriously Oden 6B was proved when he tanked Roger's attack. If you're actually doubting his being 6B then you're just being silly. The man has the best durability feat in the verse.

Remember Prime Roger >> Old WB.

Eminiteable said:
Unforgiven0815 said:
I think a lot of you are misinterpreting that quote, he says that in the context of him not having enough manpower, not that Kaido himself was weaker back then or that Oden is weaker now.
Guess I understood it wrong.

LordWhis said:
Seriously Oden 6B was proved when he tanked Roger's attack. If you're actually doubting his being 6B then you're just being silly. The man has the best durability feat in the verse.
Right, now it's kinda absurd to deny him being 6-B, considering he immediately got back up after being attacked by the goddamn strongest pirate to ever live.

You all are over complicating this. Nothing transpired in the last chapter that we haven't known since last year.

Kaido cannot be damaged by anyone

Oden is the exception

Oden>everyone who isn't Kaido (Who bounced back from the attack and kept at it with Oden).

Everything else is just conjecture:

Kaido, WB, etc growing in power endlessly

Kaido's comments about a war and troops for it.

The old hag's interferance.

All irrelevant.

At MOST the flashbacks tell us Oden has gotten stronger over the last ten years, at MOST because he never admits to not seriously attacks Roger or Whitebeard.

Let's just give him the 6-B key and be done with it.

Kaido being indestructible is NLF, this chapter showed that to us. Roger and Whitebeard is still superior to Oden, who can defeat Kaido.

Back