• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Eleven Sabaody Archipelago

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Calaca said:
Pixel scaling is second against official size. If anything, the pixel scaling should go since it's inconsistent with what's portrayed in the official canon.
Well then, i guess the 25 km can be used then.

By the way, i redone the calcs and with the 25 km the result i got made realize that i'm a moron who completely forgot about the square―cube law.

Since Zunisha's height be 1.37619047 times higher his weight is about 2.60636745 times higher.

Now the accepted value should be 8.59944085 Gigatons.

@Calaca Someone was talking to me about how I can't prove Enel is actually lightning despite him agreeing that Enel's lightning looks and acts like lightning. So I was wondering if there was ever a statement that said logias are actually the element itself (which i fully agree with.)

An analogy of his argument would be the light standards for vsbattle. "Just because it looks like light doesnt mean it is."

@ FullMetalLamps - Besides it able to paralysis, travel through metal and water, can be used as cloud-to-ground lightning? Enel was able analyze his surrounding and listen the electrical sound waves due to his Devil Fruit. What more does he/she want? They even agree it act like lightning so I don't see the problem?

EDIT: Js already posted the scan. He is as quick as always

Don't know, was a weird interaction. The topic originated from me saying that Orochi isn't firing lightning but rather just some type of energy attack.

Is the entire seafloor only 10 km deep? I thought that the statement regarding that was for the depth of Fishman Island, not for the entire ocean.

Also, this might just be me I thought that the two trunks looked quite similar in both the manga and the guidebook.

Damage3245 said:
Also, this might just be me I thought that the two trunks looked quite similar in both the manga and the guidebook.
Kinda, because in other scans the truck is show to be much longer.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/4a1fc38...415a/tumblr_inline_o4wnpdH1j31rpcdyn_1280.jpg

ZunishaStrike2.png

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11135/111356858/6773989-w19sri8.jpg

https://opforum.net/attachments/0015-png.2243/

Damage3245 said:
Is the entire seafloor only 10 km deep? I thought that the statement regarding that was for the depth of Fishman Island, not for the entire ocean.
I think the 10 km should be the average depth, i mean i don't remember that the 10 km was only to apply for the location of Fishman Island, but i could be wrong.

https://s5.mkklcdnv5.com/**********...ine_free4/chapter_490_onward_once_more/12.jpg

Even with the Shark Submarine, which could reach a depth of 5 km, the seafloor couldn't be seen.

Also, if the average seafloor in general was deep as your in real life, aka 3.6 km, most of Zunesha's legs would be much visible, instead of mostly be submerged.

Stefano4444 said:
I think the 10 km should be the average depth, i mean i don't remember that the 10 km was only to apply for the location of Fishman Island, but i could be wrong.

https://s5.mkklcdnv5.com/**********...ine_free4/chapter_490_onward_once_more/12.jpg

Even with the Shark Submarine, which could reach a depth of 5 km, the seafloor couldn't be seen.

Also, if the average seafloor in general was deep as your in real life, aka 3.6 km, most of Zunesha's legs would be much visible, instead of mostly be submerged.
https://s5.mkklcdnv5.com/**********...ine_free4/chapter_604_in_to_the_depths/13.jpg

Another thing, apparently back in Chapter 604 the Straw Hats have already reach a depth of 10000 m (or what i think Franky was referring) before arriving at Fishman Island.

And now that i have notice, the guidebook seen to stated that Zunesha is only 20,000 m in height, when the new vice card say instead that he is 35,000 m in height.

Meaning the guidebook has to be considered outdated, or if not then the height had to be considered incorrect.

So if the pixerscaling i done is still correct, then the true length of Zunesha's trunk would be 1.75 times greater than the original, so instead of 11,176.4706 m it would be 19,558.8236 m.

Which is above the low end my alternative method of find the trunk's length (which i calc to be about 18,791.2088 m).

Does anyone know where you can find raws of old One Piece chapters? I'm looking for raw scans of Chapter 734 to see if I can get a direct translation of what Bastille "twice" line about Hakuba in comparison to Cavendish.

A question: Why is Aokiji listed as a member of the Blackbeard pirates in the One Piece verse page?

Antvasima said:
A question: Why is Aokiji listed as a member of the Blackbeard pirates in the One Piece verse page?
https://*****************/read-online/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics-chapter-793-page-5.html

The Gorusei has commented that Aokiji is in league with the Blackbeard Pirates

Yup. Most likely explanation is that he's just biding his time be acting like he's on their side - until he can turn on them in a crucial moment.

If he wants to topple the World Government's current rulers, it seems smarter for him to ally with the rebel alliance and the Straw Hat pirate fleet down the line.

He should have his reasons. It's really weird if you ask me, but he could also be part of an undercover mission.

Maybe, but it is a common tactic to send a spy to the enemy side so they could gather and send information on enemy's movements, powers, allies, territory. It would be very possibly to gain the information on the secret behind Blackbeard's multiple devil fruits and how they are stealing devil fruits. Something that wouldn't be possible if Aokiji join the Revolutionary earlier.

Yes, I did say 'send a spy' because I believe that Aokiji was sent to join the Blackbeard Pirates as a 'disgruntled former Admiral' and by Akainu.

One reason being that when the Gorosei bring up the issue of Aokiji joining Blackbeard to Akainu he quickly dismisses it as though it's nothing important. Which would be weird seeing that Akainu should know how powerful Aokiji is, and having someone like him join a powerful enemy like Blackbeard should be more alarming yet Akainu doesn't seem fazed or surprised at the news.

It seem possible that Aokiji and even Akainu recognized how much of a serious threat Blackbeard is becoming over the past two years. Going from a complete nobody to one of the four most powerful pirates almost instantly. And decided to work together on this task to bring down a powerful foe.

RoronoaxRobin said:
Does anyone know where you can find raws of old One Piece chapters? I'm looking for raw scans of Chapter 734 to see if I can get a direct translation of what Bastille "twice" line about Hakuba in comparison to Cavendish.

What does the video say? I have blocked my Youtube access during most of the day.

It's essentially a video series explaining all the aspects and mythos of the OP world this one being about the Will of D. And what we know about it so far.

Edit: GLR in general is a great YouTuber definitely recommended for any OP fan.

No problem. Is anybody looking forward to the Netflix live action series? Oda will be the producer and it will supposedly be the most expensive TV series ever.

It definitely seems interesting and hoping it turns out okay.

It would definitely need a big budget I feel since One Piece is one of the more unique and over the top anime/mangas out there in terms of designs and a lot of the humor comes from exaggerated facial expressions

Yes. Since Oda himself will oversee it and promised that it shall not betray the fans (Unlike every live action Hollywood manga or anime adaption with the exception of Alita/Gunnm), I hope that it will be great. The Amazon adaption of my favourite book series the Wheel of Time seems to likely become a massive disappointment, so at least I have something to look forward to.

Well, we do not know yet, but Oda's direct involvement, the enormous production costs, and that the head writer claims to be a massive fan, do give us hope for something awesome at least. I really hope that the important central theme of the men of the world needing to toughen up, embrace freedom, and fight against tyranny/slavery, will not be replaced with spoiled Hollywood nonsense propaganda.

Oh yes definitely have to keep the central themes and core of what makes One Piece One Piece in tact it's what any good adaption should try to achieve imo.

The central core of the series is notable and it's kinda bad that the series don't get the same attention as the other main shonen despite being #1 in Japan. It's the most consistent throughout its story with its theme and message, and a Netflix series might help a lot to let people see some of these topics.

On the other side, I'm kinda scared at the same time. Its style can't be replicated in a live action series, just like Dragon Ball adaptations looks terrible on most cases. One Piece's style is even harder to portray, considering not even the 20 years old anime is able to do this consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back