• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Eleven Sabaody Archipelago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stampede Countdown! 10 days to go!

Today's character is Franky. In Stampede he wears a gladiatorial outfit, even donning a sword and shield.

The movie releases in just 10 days!! Can you believe it?

A0A2E036-F386-49A9-ACE4-F819D09C94A1
Franky Conceptual Art

Spoiler are out:

Kaido clashing with Big mom!!!

One attack with simple swing of their weapons without Haki(at least hardening) did this:

[[1]]

Well, Shanks and Whitebeard got like a Town level result or something.

So even if it was much higher, it wouldn't necessarily be anything significant.

In this case the splitting covers almost all of Onigashima while the first feat wasn't that big. The yield may be far higher, but nothing impressive for the God Tiers.

The Calaca said:
In this case the splitting covers almost all of Onigashima while the first feat wasn't that big. The yield may be far higher, but nothing impressive for the God Tiers.
The split even covers whole Onigashima and going forward over the ocean, we can´t really say where the split stop, but alone the fact that the split cover whole Onigashima is something else. Kaido and Big mom just did it with basic attacks though.

Probably the most impressive thing to take away from this is Big Mom is without a doubt equal to Kaido.

Js250476 said:
Probably the most impressive thing to take away from this is Big Mom is without a doubt equal to Kaido.
Ehhh. Two casual attacks matching and splitting doesnt mean that theyre equal especially not considering kaido has two zoan transformations to increase power snd big mom only can make a fireball and a flaming sword atm

I have returned!!!

With news that in just 7 DAYS, the Stampede movie will finally be released! The wait is soon over my comrades and soon we shall dine together as we watched this spectacular movie to come!

Today's character is the lovey Nami. In Stampede, her outfit makes her look like a tangerine, with an orange top and a green ribbon representing the leaves

9E391855-BCD5-400A-A7A1-0417EE0A42E6
Nami's Conceptual Art

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/one-piece-2/en/0/951/page/1 -

The latest chapter of One Piece is out and it is a well done, packed with a lot but best two are these, Not O-Robi and the Big Mom vs Kaido.

I wonder if the race that Big Mom thought to be gone from history are those automatons creatures that Enel is now hanging out with.

It looks King is a very special person that come from a different race all together that we haven't seen in the story. Could those wing actually be real. He could be a Skypeian. Can't remember if Big Mom have any Skypeian children…

It also seem to be habit for a fellow Yonkou to be in the presence of another Yonkou crew and asked the right hand of the captain to joined their crew instead. First, with Shanks with Marco and now with Big Mom with King. I wonder if the next one will be with Teach and Zoro?

Unfortunately Big Mom did not get the feat of shattering her Seastone restraints like the spoilers suggested.

Indeed, how unfortunate. But we do know that those chains are 100% seastone, yet Big Mom doesn't seem to be affected much by it. Able to constantly eat food given by the Beast Pirates and asking King to join her crew.

As we seen with Luffy, though pre-timeskip, Luffy loses all of his strength and couldn't move well, yet Big Mom looks pretty fine. And she was able to clash evenly with Kaido, though it is likely he is holding back, despite recently being chained with Seastone and having her power drained.

I really liked the parallels to Shanks and Whitebeard's clash. Next chapter gonna be hype we might get a Kaido/Big Mom flashback

23D2EF51-21D7-441F-AB93-CBE71BC49045
And fantastic cover for Stampede

Kaido and Big Mom's clash paralleling the clash between Whitebeard and Shanks (plus BM asking Kaido's strongest Commander to join her crew like Shanks did Marco) was great. And I also couldn't help but notice Big Mom replying to Kaido with basically the same line Brook gave her in WCI when he reminded her he would kill her if she came to Wano.

But Robin was quietly the real highlight of the chapter for me. From her and Usopp using the "Haa" face to pass the inspection (though hopefully it's the last time Oda ever makes Robin do that lol), her roasting Brook, to the heartwarming panel of her holding the sleeping O-Toko.

This chapter has been amazing for the story.

It's funny how both Fukurokuju and Orochi think they have the both captains of the alliance captured. The news of Luffy raiding Udon will be awesome to see.

Now none of the allies can get into the capital or they will be chased now that there are wanted posters for them. We haven't seen every poster yet, I think.

It seems Sanji's plotting the raid on the prison to let the prisoners break free since they weren't freed after Yasuie's death.

It's pretty obvious that Law talked to Hawkins about an alliance. That and he knows about Luffy's mindset, since he warned his crewmates to not tell Luffy about him getting captured. He's plotting something as well.

Wait for Franky to put weapons in those ships Ashura has gathered. The Battle Franky series is coming back.

King being a member of an unknown race got me thinking. Urouge has the same pair of wings that don't seem to be functional despite being so big. Could King be part of that race of Skypieans as well? Urouge is the only character who's confirmed as Skypiean to have those.

And what's the last race Big Mom hasn't in her crew? Judge said that the only race he didn't see was Giants, so the last race must be an unknown even for him. Big Mom says that King's race is the one that was supposed to be extinguished from history, but it's suspicious that we have no idea of the other. Even Judge didn't notice that despite him being a knowledgeable man of science.

Also, JoJo reference detected.
King Jojo Referencing

RoronoaxRobin said:
Kaido and Big Mom's clash paralleling the clash between Whitebeard and Shanks (plus BM asking Kaido's strongest Commander to join her crew like Shanks did Marco) was great.
Looks like their relationship is similar to Whitebeard and Shanks, rivals but they respect each other.

@Js250476 I can't remember, but did people make as big of a deal of Nami doing the "Enel face" back in WCI as they do with Robin and the "Ha face"?

@Stefano4444 I think so too.

Something I really liked with Robin comforting and taking care of O-Toko, she definitely knows what it's like to lose a loved one and was the perfect person to do this.

Stampede spoiler but the implication is great for zoro

The VA for zoro said this movie would display zoros full power after the timeskip. The spoilers also state that fuji and zoro fight to a tie.

I'm glad you asked cause there's some juicy stuff I found while reading

Law was able to use his OP OP fruit to remove the liver from his body and rid himself of the Amber lead disease he also actively trains with it and gets the hang of it over time so it might be accelerated development.

But the biggest thing was from a character named Artur Bacca uses his Dero Dero no mi to fire "Corrosive Light" And Law dodges it https://imgur.com/a/wu3tFbC

https://imgur.com/a/Fz3oHPx It's consistently described as light.

> he also actively trains with it and gets the hang of it over time so it might be accelerated development.

Isn't that just... development?

Probably he was able to use it effectively while he was dying in a cave a few days after Corazon died so that's some skill but he did further train with it after he was taken in by a man named Volff.

Well, Law hasn't used the Fruit at all before going into that cave. And he was able to use it very well despite it being his first time using it and save himself from a deadly disease while on the verge of death.

Though I mostly comparing this to Luffy who had extreme trouble using his Devil Fruit in the beginning.

Personally I'm not sure if the Dero Dero No Mi feat can be calced (since it's a novel we don't get any visuals and what not to scale) but I do find it funny just how further consistent light reacting feats in OP are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back