• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gecko Moria Low-Godly regen upgrade

Here is the thing, unlike hakai which has multiple statement of existence erasure, Moria only has one and on the other hand he has multiple statements of disintegration which lines up more with his it works.
Yet it has showings against it so...

Yet it has showings against it so...
Yes but unlike moria's ability it isn't just a one off statment, which is contradicted by other characters. Hakai is treated as existence erasure always in dbs despite it's showing, and is explained to work as such both physically and on soul meanwhile multiple characters refer to Moria's ability as disintegration which matches with it's showing.

Anyways let's not derail the crt anymore.

As Deceived said early, the topic of whether or not Moria has EE isn't really pertinent to this thread. It's what we accept on the profile rn, so if you disagree with it you can make a dedicated thread for it later. However, we should quit the derailing with the "does Moria have EE".

since no one is really arguing for Low Godly now and EE is controversial maybe a thread going over Moria's power, whether the effects of his shadows on other people are the same as the effects when he is manipulating his own shadow, the EE stuff, whether Moria has regen via shadow, and whatever else, should happen.

Last edited:
people who doesn’t know shit and are assuming how it works called it melt and disintegrate, yet the one who actually experienced it and is a reliable source (robin) explained that their existence was disappearing, backed up with databooks and such saying the same thing on the fruit explanation that it makes you disappear/vanish when in contact with direct sunlight

So the others who were just assuming what was happening, doesn’t know shit and doesn’t debunk anything

It's also derailing the thread to go into that atm since that's what's accepted currently. Contesting Existence Erasure is better kept for its own thread
I wasn't aware that the profile had it, which was my assumption with that comment.

For the thread it still seems more like resurrection than anything regeneration related. Especially since it's a byproduct of the fruit and something Moria doesn't use to heal himself or others. So the resurrection stuff fits better imo.

Does everyone agrees that Moria receives resistance to deconstruction/EE for existing in sunlight without a shadow?

We could simply scale Moria's regeneration to the regeneration of his own shadow in his profile [low-high] or we could consider this feat of the shadows at the end of the arc and up it to Mid-high or High. I'm not in the mood to argue about whether this is Low-godly or not.

Addressing opposing arguments doesn't now make the people who previously made them concede their position and start agreeing with the thread.

Disagrees will continue being disagrees even after supposedly "debunking" their contentions.

It's still 3-1, unless those people comment on this thread again and agree with the resistances/other abilities. They aren't getting accepted.

You can believe them wrong if you so wish, it still doesn't debunk the fact that we abide by majority mod vote on this site.

I don't believe it, they are wrong because they don't show any logical evidence for what they think.

Common and isolated resurrection does not rebuild disintegrated bodies.
If an one off hyperbolic statement from Robin (no it wasn't an explanation it was just a one off statement) which has been contradicted multiple times (both visually and statements) is enough for it to be existence erasure, and no some guide book calling to making people vanish doesn't equate to existence erasure.

Then another one off statement from Robin is enough for it to be just resurrection.

0483-008.png

Well, it seems like we've reached the conclusion of this thread. The OP believes they have accurately addressed and debunked the claims of the opposition, while the opposition believes they have accurately addressed and debunked the claims of the OP and their supporters. I believe we should call in more evaluating staff before closing this thread, just for finalized clarity on this issue. I can write up a small draft that has all the important posts chronologically categorized if needed.

Reactions: Rez
There’s a world out there where yall listened to deceived and I and stopped derailing about EE. That world is not this one

There are still these proposals on open debate:

Resistance to Existance Erasure (Able to exist in the sunlight even though his shadow is not connected to his body).
Limited Regeneration (High-Mid. By altering his shadow, Moria is capable of manipulating his physical form through inherent body-shadow interaction law. Shadows are able to even regenerate a body that is succumbing to being completely erased).

Is there a tally on the votes for those so far? I believe I've voted disagree on both of them.

Most of the disagreeals are based on disagreeing to it being EE, which was reverted since it's accepted as EE

I'd be fine with High-Mid regen at the least

Most of the disagreeals are based on disagreeing to it being EE, which was reverted since it's accepted as EE
Yeah, that's why I'm asking Damage again why he disagrees with resistance to EE, as it's pretty blatant due to him existing in the sun without a shadow (with that being accepted as EE).

Yeah, that's why I'm asking Damage again why he disagrees with resistance to EE, as it's pretty blatant due to him existing in the sun without a shadow (with that being accepted as EE).
The reason why I'm disagreeing currently is because Moria's shadow isn't severed from him in the way that all the victims of the sun's existence erasure is; his shadow can come and go freely and it can alter shape without affecting Moria himself.

Right now it seems to just require an assumption that Moria would automatically be erased by the sun if his shadow was just operating independently and so that he must therefore be resistant to it somehow. At best I'd agree with a "Possibly" for this resistance but I'm not convinced that it's solid yet.

The reason why I'm disagreeing currently is because Moria's shadow isn't severed from him in the way that all the victims of the sun's existence erasure is; his shadow can come and go freely and it can alter shape without affecting Moria himself.
I explained these two things above. The movement of the body and the shadow are only the same if both are connected, that is, if the body reflects the shadow. When the shadow leaves the body, the only existing connection is the spiritual/vital one, but the shaping law no longer applies. That's why Moria takes Luffy's shadow in his hand, makes a pact with it while it performs various movements without necessarily Luffy's body also making those same movements.

When Moria's shadow becomes three-dimensional it becomes another independent being, but it is also seen that it can take on a two-dimensional form and Moria can manipulate it into that form and alter a law of nature as well (body-shadow interaction).

It would make no sense to believe that Moria has no vital connection with his own shadow and he would be unrestricted by a natural law of verse.

Natural law of the verse is a bit ehh,

For one, do we even know if he suffers the same consequences for removing his shadow that his opponents do?

Also, do we know if what happened to the SHs was regen or some kind of limited form of resurrection since their bodies hadn't ceased to exist yet?

Not to mention, this being some fundamental law of the verse that if you lose your shadow you die is a bit shaky, since effect-based paramecia fruits, in general, have shown that they can operate by their own set of rules(like how Sugar can make everyone lose their memories of you when she turns you into a toy, that doesn't mean it's now verse wide natural law that forcibly transforming a character in One Piece will make everyone lose their memories of them, its just a rule imposed by that specific ability.)

regen is fine, but low-godly based on that one instance with the SHs is a hard disagree from me for now.(not that my opinion matters that much)

Natural law of the verse is a bit ehh,
This is said in the verse
For one, do we even know if he suffers the same consequences for removing his shadow that his opponents do?
Basic assumption is that he'd get a resistance to it due to his fruit
Also, do we know if what happened to the SHs was regen or some kind of limited form of resurrection since their bodies hadn't ceased to exist yet?
Both.
Not to mention, this being some fundamental law of the verse that if you lose your shadow you die is a bit shaky, since effect-based paramecia fruits, in general, have shown that they can operate by their own set of rules(like how Sugar can make everyone lose their memories of you when she turns you into a toy, that doesn't mean it's now verse wide natural law that forcibly transforming a character in One Piece will make everyone lose their memories of them, its just a rule imposed by that specific ability.)
They say it's a natural law

Back