• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Eleven Sabaody Archipelago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stefano, Zunisha was being destroyed just by a few cannons.

Jack doesn't need to scale to it to hypothetically kill it if he gets to its head.

Damage3245 said:
Stefano, Zunisha was being destroyed just by a few cannons.
I don't think the term "destroyed" would be accurate, yes the cannons where able to damaged Zunesha's leg, but that far from killing him, and it was stated that this was thanks of the weakened skin due of old age.

Also, you do realize the ship's cannons from One Piece are on a complete different level compare to the ones in real life? Considering the size of the explosions compare to Zunesha they should be like Town level, which basically means ship's cannons in One Piece have firepower similar to a nuke.

Damage3245 said:
Jack doesn't need to scale to it to hypothetically kill it if he gets to its head.
By doing what exactly? Do you you expect Zunesha to just die because someone as miniscule as Jack is on his head?

What do you think Jack could be capable to do to Zunesha, assuming not even his strongest attacks cannot even match to the potential energy Zunisha had to withstand by just stand still?

It would be like a mosquito trying to kill a normal human by biting his head, it isn't going to happen.

Well, Jack said he wanted to pluck out its eyes, cut off its tongue and stab it from the inside. But that was just what he wanted to do in his murderous rage; him just wanting to do it doesn't mean he scales.

Damage3245 said:
Well, Jack said he wanted to pluck out its eyes, cut off its tongue and stab it from the inside. But that was just what he wanted to do in his murderous rage; him just wanting to do it doesn't mean he scales.
Jack was quite confident that he could have done it, otherwise why waste time doing what he stated if he couldn't do it, when he could either return to Zou or just keep firing to the legs until Zunesha fall along with the country.

Right, but if Town level (and above) explosions can damage Zunisha's aging skin, then Jack climbing up onto it and damaging it by hurting its eyes or stabbing it from the inside (potentially vulnerable organs) doesn't mean he scales to it's durability.

Damage3245 said:
Right, but if Town level (and above) explosions can damage Zunisha's aging skin, then Jack climbing up onto it and damaging it by hurting its eyes or stabbing it from the inside (potentially vulnerable organs) doesn't mean he scales to it's durability.
You need to realize that Town level is only by just scaling the size of the explosion, considering that Zunesha for exist must withstand 27.9 Gigatons of power, it very likely that the ship's cannons hold much more firepower than what the visual have show (just like how TIE Fighter are Town level+ by harming objects with that level, despire the latter had never generate explosions of that size), either this or its just inconsistency as it shouldn't be possible for Town level attacks to even scratch a Island level character.

Also you really need to realize that 27.9 Gigatons of TNT is just the energy that Zunisha need to just stand still without moving around, do you really think that Jack would be capable to kill or even harm Zunisha if his attacks are less than that?

Yes, because Jack's attacks hypothetically only need to be minor to cause lethal damage.

Not that it matters because he never accomplished it anyway.

Damage3245 said:
Yes, because Jack's attacks hypothetically only need to be minor to cause lethal damage.
If for minor you mean the equivalent of bites from a small cat, then i don't think so.

Zunesha >>> 27.9 Gigatons >>> Jack = 3 Gigatons.

There is a difference of like 9.3 times, meaning Zunesha can easily withstand attacks 9.3 times stronger than Jack's max AP, assuming that's his full strength and that he doesn't scale at all.

For Jack's respective, hitting Zunesha would be the same for a normal guy to punch someone as tough as Mike Tyson, the normal guy isn't going to inflict that much harm to Tyson.

Damage3245 said:
Not that it matters because he never accomplished it anyway.
But he do imply that he could have accomplish it if it wasn't for Luffy and Momonosuke, and nothing contradict what he stated.

@Stefano; he states that he wants to do it. That doesn't imply he could definitely have done it.

Also, I'm pretty sure even a toddler could hurt Mike Tyson's eye if he wasn't defending himself.

Damage3245 said:
Also, I'm pretty sure even a toddler could hurt Mike Tyson's eye if he wasn't defending himself.
Unless we're talking about a toddler with superhuman strength, he isn't going to seriously harm anyone eyes, let alone rip them apart like Doomguy.

Can somebody attach a screencapture? I have blocked my Twitter access.

That is good news. I just wish that it went into local theaters.

Yeah I'm really excited to watch it but I haven't found a good place online (that doesn't require to do certain actions i'd Rather not atm)

Maybe when it comes out in other parts of the globe it'll follow suit online.

The movie isn't out yet online afaIk, at least according to ************.

Yo, so I'm looking at some Skypiea profiles, and it seems that we scale a lot of characters to Enel's AP, what's the justification for that?

This seems especially weird when it was stated that Enel's energy is on a whole different level, which is further supported by how Nola no-sold Wyper's attacks (which were capable of wounding Luffy), yet got one-shotted by Enel.

Many characters were able to fight back after getting blasted with Enel's attacks, just like Zoro and Sanji.

They are backscaling from him, or being at least comparable since the rating comes from an El Thor which is a casual attack Enel can display of.

I will have to unsubscribe to this thread due to time constraints. You can send me a message later if you need my help.

All Sanji got off was a snarky remark, and Zoro was downed without even getting hit with an EL Thor, and it seems Wyper's AP is also scaled to the attack when that's been proven wrong in the manga.

And they're not comparable, that's kind of what "nothing compared to mine" would indicate.

Also while EL Thor is casual it's still one of his strongest attacks, seeing as he saw it fit to finish off Wyper after his other attacks didn't.

@A-redswordtomato; I do think you have a point. What do you think that they should scale to instead?

Zoro took an attack that requires more preparation and even a "ritual" to use. Same with Wyper, who took the lightning bird right through his chest and was able to, despite his previous injuries, stand still. They all got stomped, but they were able to get up and fight back for a moment.

They woke up not too much later as well.

Wyper was really weakened at that time. He fought all the night before the last part of the arc and took the damage from 2 Reject Dials on top of the above mentioned lightning phasing his body. El Thor was able to finish him up but only when weakened.

@The Calaca; getting stomped and barely standing back up isn't really being "comparable", now is it? And the fact that Sanji got one-shotted by EL Thor somewhat leads me to believe those attacks he used on Zoro and Wyper were somewhat weaker.

I doubt getting knocked out for hours(?) is enough to warrant them scaling.

You're correct, but my initial points still stand, it was stated their energy is nothing compared to Enel's, and it was shown that an EL Thor is ridiculously more powerful than Wyper's Bazooka, the latter of which was capable of injuring Luffy and was actually portrayed as being comparable to him.

@Damage3245; Luffy's Golden rifle was town level, correct? They should scale to that.

And I'd assume other feats like Luffy and Zoro blasting a hole through the Aqua Laguna and Oars casually busting that steel vaults would probably yield similar results.

I used the wrong word, actually. They were able to fight back, but not to harm Enel in anyway. Luffy's the only one who was able to fight him at all because lolrubber, but his physical prowess are above Enel's. Even Usopp recovered consciousness alongside Sanji.

Sanji was able to remain stand for some seconds but he was already weakened from his fight against Satori and the first time Enel just stomped him. He wasn't fresh at all. Same case with Zoro who fought Braham and Ohm who were able to pose a threat to him and the latter almost won against Marimo.

They weren't knocked out for hours. Like 20 minutes considering how much time passed between they got defeated and Luffy was thrown from the arc.

I barely remember that part but they could also meant being inferior to Enel in the sense of being uable to lay a single finger on him because of his powers. Logia used to be nigh-invincible Pre-TS.

You're using the word "fight back" very lightly here, robin was one-shotted, Gan Fall was one-shotted, Zoro was two-shotted and so was Wyper.

And usopp wasn't hit by the El Thor, if that's what you're implying.

The statement was made after they saw Enel one-shot Nola and casually overpower Wyper's bazooka, alongside specifically mentioning "energy", it's clear they're referring to his AP/DC. And they hadn't even started attacking him yet.

And again, argue all you want about them fighting back or not, Nola no-sold Wyper's bazooka multiple times over but was one-shotted by the El Thor, that's a ridiculous gap in AP, and the monster trio weren't that much stronger than him, if at all.

Hmmm, don't the characters scales off of each other. Luffy scales to Enel for harming him. Zoro and Sanji scales off Luffy for being comparable to him. Wyper scales off Luffy for harming him. And so and so it goes.

Golden Rifle is Small Town level. I'm not sure Luffy and Zoro busting a hole in Aqua Laguna or Oars busting steel would yield high results.

Luffy scales to Enel's EL Thor for some reason, and the chain goes on from there.

I think what I posted is pretty conclusive all things considered, if you still want to scale Luffy to Enel's AP you'd have to argue that the difference in power between him and Wyper is ludicrous.

A-redswordtomato said:
Luffy scales to Enel's EL Thor for some reason, and the chain goes on from there.
Actually Luffy to scale to Enel's Durability (since he was able to physically harm him), while Enel's Durability scale to the El Thor.

A-redswordtomato said:
Yo, so I'm looking at some Skypiea profiles, and it seems that we scale a lot of characters to Enel's AP, what's the justification for that?
This seems especially weird when it was stated that Enel's energy is on a whole different level, which is further supported by how Nola no-sold Wyper's attacks (which were capable of wounding Luffy), yet got one-shotted by Enel.
I had concerns about this as well but my memory isn't too great on that arc.

@The calaca; Luffy's attacks damaged him significantly more than they did to say, Wyper (at least IIRC). And on top of him having no real relevant durability feats, there's nothing to suggest it's anywhere near his AP (it's not like Newton's 3rd law or anything would be in effect here).

So again, Luffy was injured by, and somewhat even with Wyper, who's AP was shown to be ridiculously weaker than Enel's, which would warrant a downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back