• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Eighteen Punk Hazard

So, Kyoshiro is Denjiro and the traitor is Kanjuro.

How obvious... sigh I was expecting something more unexpected.

Well I feel Oda is building up to a big unexpected revelation, but it definitely will have been hinted and built up.

Luffy, Law, and Kidd finally about to attack, I guess this is the start of the war that will shake the seas and change the world drastically?

So the traitor really was Kanjuro! Shoutout to Marco One Piece Theorist! He was pretty much the person that convinced me and so many others that Kanjuro was the betrayer.

Do you guys belive that Luffy's design will change? The cloak that he's using in this chapter looks a lot like the cloak drawn by Oda when he showed us Luffy at age 40 and 60.
Images (17) 1

So yeah, as suspected (because it could literally not be any of the other sheathes), Kanjuro is the traitor. I'm worried af for Shinobu. If she isn't there, did Kanjuro cut her down before the sheathes met up?

This chapter opened up a lot of things for me to expect. Specifically who is going to fight who. Here's to hoping Kanjuro vs Kinemon and Neko + Inu vs Jack happen.

As for other fights... Idk if Marco will show up until the Twilight of the war, and we don't know Smoothie's plan, so I wont include them yet.

Kid + Killer vs Queen. Kanjuro vs Kinemon. Inu vs Jack (Inu's missing limb limits his fighting ability, so he begins to lose before Nekomamushi shows up and helps defeat Jack 2v1). Luffy briefly vs King before Zoro vs King. Most of the other characters may be in the support role or fighting background characters. I would suspect Sanji to assist Zoro in defeating King, the other sheathes coming to assist Kinemon in defeating Kanjuro and so on.

Drake vs Apoo may be something that happens, which would be pretty interesting. If Sanji fights Drake again, it would be the most pointless fight either of them could ever ask for.

Sheathes may take part in fighting the Numbers if they show up.

Honestly don't know who Law would fight because if it's a Yonko, he's getting thwacked unless he sets up some way to kill Kaido.

As for fights that will occur later down the line, I SERIOUSLY doubt anyone currently present other than Luffy would last more than a minute against either Big Mom or Kaido, so there's a few things that can happen here:

a) Big Mom betrays and kills Kaido after witnessing his forces dwindle to Luffy's and because there's a reason in the past that would determine she would decide to kill him.

b) Marco and Nekomamushi show up. Smoothie also shows up--unknowing about Big Mom's alliance with Kaido--and offers assistance to the Strawhat alliance to defeat Kaido's forces. Marco assists with Luffy vs Kaido. Law will also be supporting Luffy before Marco shows up.

c) All the preceding fights listed will end, so the Sheathes, Luffy, Zoro, Sanji all team up to fight Kaido.

d) Both b and c.

Drake VS Apoo would not be interesting. They have no history and their styles don't mesh well. Most of all Drake would be stupid to blow his cover just to take out someone so low on the totem pole.

Apoo VS Hawkins makes more sense given they have history and are more complimentary abilities. I would not mind seeing a setup where Law, Hawkins, & maybe Drake take down the flying 5 using Voodoo traps.

Of course what I realy want to see is Usoop and Franky unleashing new power via their time in Wano; AKA a weapons makers' paradise.

When Robin sees Kanjuro's true drawing ability in action, it would be funny if she thinks back to what happened to Ryunosuke and gets angry enough to want to kill him.

@Fix

>Drake VS Apoo would not be interesting.

It all depends how the plot goes (for me). Perhaps Drake does something to expose himself to Apoo by accident. I would prefer witnessing battles between two completely different abilities instead of two similar ones--since weaknesses become so apparent from latter cases (Also, Hawkins doesn't have a complimentary ability to Apoo anyways).

• I think it is important that it was cleared up that Drake is NOT a T-rex, but rather an Allosaurus. T-rex are believed to have a keen sense of hearing as opposed to other theropods, and it makes me wonder if any sound-based attack produced by Apoo would be less effective on Drake due to this simple fact.
>Apoo VS Hawkins makes more sense

I am unsure if Hawkins is even alive. Hawkins shouldn't even have any beef with Apoo, it would be more sensible for Kid to fight him instead since Apoo outright tricked him and lured Kaido directly to him and Hawkins. Hawkins caved in, and Kid got whooped. I think the latter has more cause to go for him.

I want all the Straw-Hats to get their moments. Only Luffy and Zoro had major spotlights in regards to combative ability post time-skip. Everyone else either had small moments or were background--especially Sanji despite him having an entire arc dedicated to him.

>I want all the Straw-Hats to get their moments. Only Luffy and Zoro had major spotlights in regards to combative ability post time-skip. Everyone else either had small moments or were background--especially Sanji despite him having an entire arc dedicated to him.

Same! But I'm worried that some of them might not get as much shine as they really could due to all the characters that'll be participating in this war. That's why I can't get hype for this war yet. I still hate how Oda cheated Robin out of a full-on fight against one of the Executives in Dressrosa, despite there being so damn many, just to build up the Straw Hat Grand Fleet by feeding the Executives to them instead. While stuff like Robin subduing Hakuba made up for it, I want to see her in an all-out fight after her training! Also, I hope in this arc we see the Grand Line 4 (Chopper, Robin, Franky, and Brook) get power-ups since the East Blue 5 have already gotten theirs.

Drake VS Apoo would be lame

"I'm gonna rip your head off with my tee-"

"I'm gonna blow you up"

END

Hawkins was crossed as well. I was going to mention Kidd but he and Killer VS Queen makes at least some sense. I would add Franky just so they have a better chance of winning and doing it quickly.

P:S I know the nature of this site makes it unlikley peple appreciate this but WCI was a fantastic arc for Sanji . . . just not from a PL perspective. He ended up getting his boost anyway via the Power Ranger suit so I don't see people's beef with it.

@Fix - My problem with Sanji's "power boost" is that it's not exactly a boost to his own power, and he was still struggling to defeat Page One... PAGE. ONE.

• Hopefully Usopp and Franky did something to at least minimize the gap between Sanji and Zoro--otherwise there's literally 2 Straw Hats who can handle the All-Stars. The sheathes should all be relative in power, so they can at least fight Jack... Maybe gang up on a stronger All-Star like Queen.
@Aerozz - Looks like they really are hyping up a potential Sanji vs Kizaru fight in the future.

i really dont see how sanji struggled with P1 becasue he really didnt and also keep in mind that sanji didnt use haki,DJ or Hell memories (the full fire tranform) with MS suit ofcourse

btw with all this i still dont think sanji can defeat King or Queen.

Kid Vs apoo has been hyped up since Sabaody and their alliance meeting, it will definitely be Kid Vs Apoo. Don't underestimate the Roaring Tide. I really don't want to see a tag team against a single calamity for Zoro and Sanji, I want either one to have a difficult fight like pre-timeskip and overcome it with their own strength.

Finally see King animated and animated Queen's freakout is a treasure :D

Blonde still looks weird though after every panel being black.

I dont get why he should be like that, tbh. Luffy could walk away after their battle and he had taken a bigger beating.

Luffy's recovery rate is monstruous.

Katakuri's should be too, but there's no big evidence for that.

It would be pretty illogical if Katakuri and/or Cracker left Whole-Cake to attend the war against Kaido.

If both made a full recovery, it would still be best for them to remain at Big Mom's headquarters since the world knows of Big Mom and Kaido's imminent fight (which actually ended up becoming an alliance, but this is irrelevant for the following argument).

With Big Mom absent, it's very likely for a marine or Yonko force to attack Whole-Cake for the Poneglyphs and removing Big Mom's territory from the board. Cracker's power is excellent for patrolling and security while Katakuri is a strong force by himself. If an Admiral like Kizaru popped in to attack Whole-cake, Cracker and Katakuri together could at the very least stale-mate him and his forces--if not actually just drive him into a retreat.

It's another story if an entire Yonko fleet went ahead and attacked the country, but no one other than Blackbeard would be reckless enough to send every last piece on his board to simply eliminate a Yonko's territory and decimate their forces. The Marines are also busy dealing with the Shichibukai, so their forces are spread too thin--and they are more worried about BM and Kaido teaming up.

The only possible way I see Whole Cake being threatened is if either Blackbeard goes to assault them himself w/ most/all of his fleet, or if the marines sent the Admirals and Vice Admirals to basically Buster Call them.

I swear. Zoro's potential to fight Kaido is very likely... I just don't see the logic of him going from "Barely stronger than Killer with Nitoryu" to "Kaido-tier" within literal days.

Inb4 a flashback to Mihawk considering Kaido to be a jobber just before cutting to present with Zoro in Asura laying waste to him LOL.

Yeah Cin is right, i imagine Blackbeard isn't going to wholecake or wano either it seemed more involved with the marines at what went down at the reverie (I predict something to do with Vivi and the reveal that pluton exists in Alabasta)

Back