• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1073: Miss Buckingham Stussy (Official Translation)

Character from Film Gold
I wanna show a picture/gif of her but uh.. I don't think that's happening lol
Carina Film Gold Movie by bodskih on DeviantArt

Carina (One Piece Film: Gold) - MyAnimeList.net

Carina Film Gold Movie by bodskih on DeviantArt

I think weevil my be both a clone and biological son of his that he never he had (probably because he was made after marineford), considering he might be a failed attempt at gene splicing (IDK AM JUST GOING BY MY THOUGHTS).

I used to hate Weevil but after this chapter he's a lil' more endearing for protecting the village. His heart's in the right place for sure.
Bakkin being a scientist adds merit to the fact that he might be somewhat artificial though..

And Vegapunk/Bonney are 100% in the past. The "tangible" memories might be too literal and stepping into the bubble sends them to the literal past that those memories are in maybe??? We're about to witness a flashback in real time potentially. Especially when his introduction included space-time warping shenanigans
Unless he just teleported to elbaf lmao

Who says it can be heightened by training?
Crocodile does
Devil fruits have a baseline when eaten, then get stronger via training. Kizaru's baseline is "light". Ace's fire was also not as hot in the novel and became so via battling and honing his ability. Luffy's stretching ability also had a limit that Oda said he's working on surpassing his 72 Gomu limit into 100. It's clear Devil fruits' main aspects (stretching, fire temperature, etc) can grow. If Kizaru's the only outlier that's just convenient.

main-qimg-4c793198b2c0dedfe10138c744da486e-pjlq

Crocodile does
Devil fruits have a baseline when eaten, then get stronger via training. Kizaru's baseline is "light". Ace's fire was also not as hot in the novel and became so via battling and honing his ability. Luffy's stretching ability also had a limit that Oda said he's working on surpassing his 72 Gomu limit into 100. It's clear Devil fruits' main aspects (stretching, fire temperature, etc) can grow. If Kizaru's the only outlier that's just convenient.
Yes, his baseline is light, not speed.

Hypothetically Kizaru's power could be trained to let him produce brighter attacks, not necessarily anything to do with making them faster.

Yes, his baseline is light, not speed.

Hypothetically Kizaru's power could be trained to let him produce brighter attacks, not necessarily anything to do with making them faster.
Except the entire point and even bragging point of the fruit when eaten is its speed, not its ability to produce light or blind people. If anything the blindness/flash aspect of it is added as an extra ability. Every source that talks about the glint fruit uses it as a bragging point for light speed, not bright light

Except the entire point and even bragging point of the fruit when eaten is its speed, not its ability to produce light or blind people. If anything the blindness/flash aspect of it is added as an extra ability. Every source that talks about the glint fruit uses it as a bragging point for light speed, not bright light
Would be a bit strange if in the 12+ years that Kizaru had the fruit he started at lightspeed, remained at lightspeed for all that time, then in the past 2 years over the timeskip he trained it to be FTL.

Would be a bit strange if in the 12+ years that Kizaru had the fruit he started at lightspeed, remained at lightspeed for all that time, then in the past 2 years over the timeskip he trained it to be FTL.
that literally happens to every character in the time skip where they get massive powerboosts, also wheres the proof that kizaru stayed at lightspeed?

that literally happens to every character in the time skip where they get massive powerboosts, also wheres the proof that kizaru stayed at lightspeed?
Until it is proven otherwise, the default assumption is that Kizaru's fruit is lightspeed.

It is the burden on the people claiming that he trained it to be FTL to prove that this is the case.

Not at all. The world hasn't been in shambles until two years ago after all. He'd have no reason to bother until recently.
The same can be said for many characters who acheived their peak for years and stayed the same for having no true immediate opposition (Enel, Crocodile, Lucci, Katakuri)

For the record I'm not arguing he IS FTL.
I'm just saying it isn't out of the realm of possibility that his DF like every other, can surpass its baseline. Nothing's concrete until shown.

vegapunk said that he tried to copy a logia fruit but failed, those lasers could be imperfect copies
Which means that the Pacifistas whole justification for speed is wrong
Its either
A. The Pacifistas and Kizaru are the same speed at LS (currently accepted)
B. The Pacifistas are failed copies, so they are not LS (which means that any Light dodging/reacting feat based on a Pacifista no long exists), and Kizaru is still LS from his own statements

Its either
B. The Pacifistas are failed copies, so they are not LS (which means that any Light dodging/reacting feat based on a Pacifista no long exists), and Kizaru is still LS from his own statements
I don't think Pacifista lasers have anything to do with lineage factors. They are simply a science/engineering-based replication of Kizaru's attacks. This interpretation is further strengthened by the fact that Franky was able to replicate the same thing simply by understanding Vegapunk's blueprints and without access to Kizaru's devil fruit lineage factors. So Pacifista lasers are true lasers

He failed to replicate the logia fruit itself from genetic factor, but mimicking a single ability was never stated to be impossible to replicate. He probably just can't recreate the intangibility aspect of the fruit, but the light lasers are still replicable (the dude literally has gloves SPECIFIC FOR TOUCHING LIGHT after all)
Especially when every scientist at this point seems to have created lasers based off his studies. (Franky, Queen, Judge- all directly have/had access to his work)

Its either
It's not like you can't still call it a light dodging feat it's just that Kizaru is faster than Pacifista beams.

They're still light beams lmao.
Like, do you think that because they don't scale to other fast light beams that they aren't light speed or something?

Well, that's not the only thing though:
The Pacifista laser is a scientific weapon that is called a laser and appears to have the properties of light.
They explode which goes against them being light (granted so do a lot of anime lasers), the only real properties they have are being scientific in origin, being called lasers and going straight (so barely distinguishable from normal beams)

They explode which goes against them being light (granted so do a lot of anime lasers), the only real properties they have are being scientific in origin, being called lasers and going straight (so barely distinguishable from normal beams)
I think that's a pretty strong case

while i was rereading Sabaody arc i saw this.
some people say laser dont explode (which happens in many animes )
so this picture here shows that the Pacifistas can shoot the laser without explosion (which follows the rules of laser)
even tho i see both of them are LS laser but yeah i just wanted to share this.
https://cdn.****************.com/file/opctcb/onepiece/onepiecechapters_505_18.jpg

At this point every anti-laser feat argument is just nitpicks that no one wants to act on because they know they're wrong.
The MHA thread had nearly a whole page back and forth just for OP related to this topic because of how rent free this is in some people's heads. Jfc

the idea of cancelling all other LS feats just cause kizaru decides to finally show up just sounds really boring to me.

and considering that we know for a fact that judge has access to light speed tech(through ichiji and nijiji) and since judge and queen were/are equals then logically queens lasers should also be LS, so wether or not the pacifista lasers are perfect replecas or not they should still be around LS

I'm just looking forward to the fallout of a potential statement like; "Kizaru ate the Pika Pika no Mi, making him into a Light Human! He's the fastest man in the world!" And "Nothing can beat lightspeed!"

Considering pre-ts straw hats were reacting to his light.. that's probably not happening. Worst case scenario it comes from someone like Nami or Usopp in egghead, or someone who don't scale anyway

Back