• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1071: "The Hero Deploys" (Official)

Urouge is overrated AF.

I can't stand characters whose only power is to take AP and reflect it back. Boring and unoriginal AF.
Right.
The character you wank ( Lucci ) totally doesn't have techniques like reflecting people's attacks or just increasing their durability to try and tank attacks.
But when I think about it that way, Urouge vs Lucci would be kind of funny.
And nvm mind that ranged attacks and dura neg basically ignore that power.

Diable Jambe has dura neg that did jack shit to them, but that's not a bad point.
I think the dura neg is from the fire which Lunarians obviously resist.

But that's not Lucci's only technique, is it?
I mean, I'm sure Urouge has more to his fruit than that. If it was just transferring damage to strength then you could simply hit him with a really strong attack and incapacitate him before he uses the fruit powers.

I mean, I'm sure Urouge has more to his fruit than that. If it was just transferring damage to strength then you could simply hit him with a really strong attack and incapacitate him before he uses the fruit powers.
I hope Urouge gets more techniques, or the hype for him will be wasted.

Thing is he HAS to be at least YC2 or YC1 level to be relevant, so he'll very likely have Haki and maybe even awaken his fruit. Who knows, the possibilities are endless.

Kizaru's beam went right through him
That isn't how it works.
He doesn't ABSORB the pain. He takes it but in exchange gets more powerful. This is why I think he's gonna need more than that ability, because let's think about it this way-
If Kaidou hit him with Thunder Bagua, he'd be out like a light.
So he clearly needs more than that, perhaps he'll have great Observation Haki so he can sense when an attack is too strong and simply dodge.

That isn't how it works.
He doesn't ABSORB the pain. He takes it but in exchange gets more powerful. This is why I think he's gonna need more than that ability, because let's think about it this way-
If Kaidou hit him with Thunder Bagua, he'd be out like a light.
So he clearly needs more than that, perhaps he'll have great Observation Haki so he can sense when an attack is too strong and simply dodge.
Yeah, he has to actually withstand the attack in order to get the power boost, and it appears like the injuries don't heal either. He's a lot like Metal Bat from One Punch Man

Btw I found more evidence that Gaban will help Vegapunk and the Straw Hats
He was seen leading fights with Rayleigh and even clashed with Oden in the anime iirc.
Oden cut a deal with the Roger Pirates, and like I said he was, according to the Wiki, shown as somewhat equal to him.
Gaban should cut a deal with the SH and fight Kizaru, just like Rayleigh did in Sabaody.
Especially since this is practically a Sabaody reunion:
We see Sentomaru
We see Kuma
We see Kizaru
We even see Hancock appear.
And Gaban should be Admiral level or higher if he's been practicing and preserving his strength, since Rayleigh was likely relative to Yonko level due to being close to Roger in power, and Gaban is in turn seemingly comparable to Rayleigh. We know this as he's the Bronze Medalist of the Roger Pirates (parallel to Sanji), being named "Scopper Gaban" ( Copper is a key material in Bronze iirc ), and like I said was shown leading fights with Rayleigh but is below the rank of First Mate.

Last edited:
Especially since this is practically a Sabaody reunion:
We see Sengoku
We see Kuma
We see Kizaru
We even see Hancock appear.
Missed Sentomaru, or maybe you meant Sentomaru rather than Sengoku (who hasn't appeared in this arc)
And Gaban should be Admiral level or higher if he's been practicing and preserving his strength, since Rayleigh was likely relative to Yonko level due to being close to Roger in power, and Gaban is in turn seemingly comparable to Rayleigh
Old Rayleigh was around Admiral level, and perhaps a bit lower than Admiral level, although that was pre-TS and he was completely out of practice

Missed Sentomaru, or maybe you meant Sentomaru rather than Sengoku (who hasn't appeared in this arc)

Old Rayleigh was around Admiral level, and perhaps a bit lower than Admiral level, although that was pre-TS and he was completely out of practice
LOL yeah. The bastards have similar names. I edited my message.
And I mean Prime Rayleigh was near Yonko level.
Btw I wonder if Sengoku will help Law if he's captured. Garp is going out to save someone so I can't see why Sengoku doesn't, especially since they have chemistry.

Btw I wonder if Sengoku will help Law if he's captured. Garp is going out to save someone so I can't see why Sengoku doesn't, especially since they have chemistry.
I find their friendship really tragic in a sense. They clearly share a lot of similarities but for whatever reasons, they ended up never confiding in each other about their complex relationship with the relatives of criminals (Sengoku's relationship with Rocinante clearly parallels Garp's relationship with Ace)

robert-downey-jr-facepalm.gif

If another person pings me with this same stupid ******* argument I'm actually going to lose it

Considering how Coby, Helmepo, a Vice Admiral, S-Hawk & Snake were sent to go after Boa & the Kuja; who would've they sent for Mihawk or Weevil?

Garp dying on Hachinosu rip

The only thing I care about in the Kid page is the gigantic tree silhouette- and there's a "secret person" there on egghead that suddenly makes their escape easy as pie??? WHOMST??

I mean if they really think he's the strongest Swordsman ( which means above Shanks ) then I doubt they'd be stupid enough to send Aramaki or Fujitora for a sword fight.

But they should have sent powerful people at least ... Maybe Kizaru
Wouldn't Kizaru count as a swordman? Sure he throws kicks & shoots lasers, but he's pretty casual with them while he used his lightsaber in his only prolonged fight so far.

Plot twist
Kuma was actually going to egghead (in the new world, from kamabakka in paradise) and the red line was only in the way. His destination wasn't marygeoise

It's also added to by the fact that Kuma's repelling transport usually lands in the shape of a paw when it reaches its destination but he straight up crashed into the red line then fell all the way down to town

Last edited:
I just wanna know what happened to Law. Was that mf off screened or what-
Kid screentime though I snooze
i think it was implied heavily that Law was gonna lose from the time Oda showed us Bb saying “Black Vortex” with Law having a shocking face knowing he was fcked. And off screened the fight after

i think it was implied heavily that Law was gonna lose from the time Oda showed us Bb saying “Black Vortex” with Law having a shocking face knowing he was fcked. And off screened the fight after
Definitely. I feel like Oda's gonna be hiding every real decisive blow by BB until we get to the Luffy encountering him part. He's keeping something secret about that guy

I think this will parallel Marineford a little bit.
Sengoku may come to save Law, and end up sacrificing him self so Law can escape/win, then Blackbeard takes his Mythical Zoan thus completing his set and giving him another power trip. Garp pulls up and shuts the shit down with the assistance of Koby, Koby's pals, and injured Law.

Back