• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1071: "The Hero Deploys" (Official)

Kaku when he's about to destroy the Sunny: Now that Luffy's not here, as long as Zoro's not guarding the ship this should be a piece of cake.

Zoro: Blocks his attack in base with no issue.

Kaku: OH ****!

Ok, so the part about Kaku panicking was a bit misleading, since it was before he and Zoro actually began fighting and was moreso out of shock that Zoro was there to block his attack.

Base Kaku's kick matched Base no-Haki Zoro (who both scales >= to his previous Scabbard-level key and downscales from King's 1-armed sword swing and King's punch).

So Base Kaku is Scabbard level. And so is Base Lucci.

NOICE.

Base Kaku's kick matched Base no-Haki Zoro (who both scales >= to his previous Scabbard-level key and downscales from King's 1-armed sword swing and King's punch).
Would be easier to say he scaled to base X Drake since no haki nitoryu Zoro matched him.

Edit: I'm semi-dubious though about base Kaku's scaling considering his strongest rokushiki technique was seemingly stopped by Zoro with one sword.

Last edited:
Would be easier to say he scaled to base X Drake since no haki nitoryu Zoro matched him.
1-sword no-Haki Zoro blocked a punch from Base King (it was the sword in his mouth).

Also, no-Haki nitoryu Zoro matched a slightly weakened Killer (who despite being weakened shouldn't be that much weaker and should thus still be around Scabbard level), and no-Haki nitoryu was more or less keeping up with Denjiro (although both were not using 100%).
Edit: I'm semi-dubious though about base Kaku's scaling considering his strongest rokushiki technique was seemingly stopped by Zoro with one sword.
That was a rokushiki technique aimed at a "defenseless" ship.

When Kaku and Zoro actually fought, they were portrayed as equal, the same way G5 and Lucci clashed equally.

1-sword no-Haki Zoro blocked a punch from Base King (it was the sword in his mouth).

Also, no-Haki nitoryu Zoro matched a slightly weakened Killer (who despite being weakened shouldn't be that much weaker and should thus still be around Scabbard level), and no-Haki nitoryu was more or less keeping up with Denjiro (although both were not using 100%).
He had haki on his sword there.
That was a rokushiki technique aimed at a "defenseless" ship.

When Kaku and Zoro actually fought, they were portrayed as equal, the same way G5 and Lucci clashed equally.
If you're implying he made his rokushiki technique weaker than it typically is then why did he use amane dachi in the first place which is literally the strongest rankyaku technique he has.

I looked at the chapter again, you're right.

But still, Nitoryu Zoro without Haki still matched Denjiro and a weakened Killer.
Guess he wanted the job done right because he literally uses his strongest technique.
Luffy used Gear 4 against a Number, Beast Pirate Fodder, and was gonna use it against Ulti, so I guess they're all High 6-A, right?

Also, I think the translations say it was Rokugan

Luffy used Gear 4 against a Number, Beast Pirate Fodder, and was gonna use it against Ulti, so I guess they're all High 6-A, right?
How are these comparable to what happened here? The number was one-shot, the ship destroyed and we use the ulti shit for scaling to say she is above everything but gear 4th.

Good for Kaku if he learned the rokuougan but it wasn't, he said amane dachi.

How are these comparable to what happened here? The number was one-shot, the ship destroyed
I'm pretty certain the Sunny would have been all but destroyed had Kaku been using his full power.

And it was one attack.

Kaku still clashed with no-Haki Nitoryu Zoro, just like how Lucci scales to G5 for clashing with him.
Good for Kaku if he learned the rokuougan but it wasn't, he said amane dachi.
Oh yeah, someone corrected the dude who said Rokugan, so you're right.

I'm pretty certain the Sunny would have been all but destroyed had Kaku been using his full power.

And it was one attack.

Kaku still clashed with no-Haki Nitoryu Zoro, just like how Lucci scales to G5 for clashing with him.
He used his strongest rokushiki technique attempting to destroy the ship, pretty sure that was his intention.

His Strongest Rokushiki attack

He technically clashed with one sword. The major difference between the Lucci and Kaku encounters is that nothing like the amane dachi getting overpowered exists in the Lucci encounter, so their clash is without antifeats while this one does have one.

He used his strongest rokushiki technique attempting to destroy the ship, pretty sure that was his intention.

His Strongest Rokushiki attack

He technically clashed with one sword. The major difference between the Lucci and Kaku encounters is that nothing like the amane dachi getting overpowered exists in the Lucci encounter, so their clash is without antifeats while this one does have one.
When Base Zoro and Kaku were physically clashing, they were equal.

And I'm saying I'm semi-dubious as there is a direct antifeat against that scaling and plus we didn't see the outcome of the clash like we did with the Lucci one.
People block equal opponent's top attacks in fictional stories all the time.

Lucci used a Rokushiki attack on Sentomaru, does that mean Sentomaru is above gear 5 or normal Awakened attacks from Lucci?

He tore through him with that attack even though he defended with a Ryuo barrier.

Same thing as above, he destroyed her face and took her out with it
Zoro deflecting one attack does not mean he's far stronger than Kaku when we literally see them clashing evenly.

If you want we can wait until the next chapter in 2 weeks

Zoro deflecting one attack does not mean he's far stronger than Kaku when we literally see them clashing evenly.

If you want we can wait until the next chapter in 2 weeks
Based on the panel I've seen It doesn't look like he simply deflected it but rather destroyed it by striking it down through the middle. Regular Kaku being equal to someone who destroyed his strongest Rokushiki technique is contradictory, so yeah waiting for further clarification would be best.

Last edited:
Green Bull went after Luffy because he thought they were still recovering. Shanks even said so himself saying it’s bad taste to go after them right after they have been exhausted from changing the era. Though by the time Green Bull arrived in Wano they’ve pretty much already recovered. So he did come a bit too late.

Lucci is just Lucci. Got ko’d in three hits and still doesn’t want to recognize Luffy as an emperor.
He's salty as hell LOL
Kaku matching one sword Zoro is nice, not very impressive but nice.

Yeah this is one of those moments where we'll have to see more (either Amanedachi isn't Kaku's strongest attack anymore, or Zoro's toying with him). Also if we haven't already, we should rate post time skip Kaku's Buso as intermediate.

It's not a hundred percent confirmed, but whenever he had the mask on a couple chapters ago, his nose had the same shading and lighting as Haki. While it could be part of the mask, I'm not sure since no other CP mask had the same type of shading and lighting. So it's not concrete.

It's not a hundred percent confirmed, but whenever he had the mask on a couple chapters ago, his nose had the same shading and lighting as Haki. While it could be part of the mask, I'm not sure since no other CP mask had the same type of shading and lighting. So it's not concrete.
The shading and lighting also clashes with the rest of the mask, where as the other CP masks tend to not have clashing aesthetics (at least not as much of a contrast as this instance).

His mask is just like that
BeQ9nCu.png

There's an interesting theory that the person helping Vegapunk may be Scopper Gaban, which explains why he's so confident he can mop up CP0 and the Marines for VP.

The chapter is out on TCB

Also I hope the person he asked for help is Smoker. Please redeem him Oda, pls

Back