• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1069: "All things are brought into this world with hope" (Official Translation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this chapter also explain why one of BB pirates, Burgess, tries so hard to hunt Gomu2 and not Ito2 or Buki2 or even Ope2, because Teach didn't get that df in encyclopedia so he wanted to know it?

Also DF user hated by mother of the sea in One Piece so DF user weaknesses for water just happened in OP and not other verses?

I still need to see the visuals, but as long as Lucci isn't getting one shot by base Luffy, I'm fine with that. It makes sense for Luffy to be above Lucci.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lucci is in a comparable level to pre conqueror's coating Gear 4th Luffy. Where he's strong enough to harm Yonko level opponents and take hits from them, but isn't exactly their equal.
You think it makes sense for Lucci to be above WCI Gear 4th Luffy?

Hmm, that is true, the one piece worlds ocean seemingly has a will of it's own going off of the spoilers. If a fight took place in another world (like irl or Naruto or something), then this weakness might not apply there.
Of course this might not matter since some characters (like Luffy) don't know how to swim lol.

Finally, an One Piece matches where we don't to worry about "drowning them GG" in a ocean-battlefield will be a reality
At the very least no more seeing people say "they just kick them into the ocean and watch them drown lol".

As long as the match doesn't take place in the OP world, or a world where the ocean acts in a similar fashion, then we're good.

Wow! Lucci looks a WHOLE lot better than the spoilers said.

Oda just completely destroyed my fantasy of Robin getting revenge against Lucci from Enies Lobby lmao (unless he has Gear 5th Luffy weaken him like Big Mom did Ulti before Nami defeated her with Zeus); eh, I'll still settle for her beating Stussy. Even Sanji isn't beating him.

And Eseseso's going to get his High 6-A Lucci after all lol.

Holy **** this ***** hype!

Also, Luffy isn't even dunking on Lucci that much. He seems to be > Lucci, but not really by much it seems.

Since they physically clashed, this likely means no conqueror's coating was used, just Armament.

So Gear 5th Luffy w/ Busoshoku:Koka ~ Awakened Lucci w/ Busoshoku: Koka.

Lucci is actually being shown to be quite a beast, contrary to the initial impressions. He is clashing with G5 Luffy (although apparently without Hao coating)

Also the fist clash + recoil moment (Page 11) is a nice callback to the OG Lucci Vs Luffy fight

Last edited:
Now I just need Oda to kill the "Zoro can't use his Haoshoku Infusion/ACoC for long" agenda.
For whatever reason, Oda doesn't let Zoro spam his best techniques. Luffy and Sanji have used Gears and Diable Jambe respectively, in every fight since those techniques were introduced, but Zoro has used Ashura a grand total of 3 times only

Maybe it's just too difficult to draw

I think it's likely a combination of difficulty drawing itand he wants Zoro's super abilities to have big impact.

Same!

This also makes me wonder if Kaku is Awakened too. I wonder what an Awakened Zoan Giraffe looks like.
images

For whatever reason, Oda doesn't let Zoro spam his best techniques. Luffy and Sanji have used Gears and Diable Jambe respectively, in every fight since those techniques were introduced, but Zoro has used Ashura a grand total of 3 times only

Maybe it's just too difficult to draw
It has always been interesting how Luffy and Sanji have always used their Enies Lobby power-ups more than Zoro have, even against fodders, and both have evolved those power-ups even further since then. Oda even had one of Zoro's destroyed after he got Asura just so he could get another power-up in Thriller Bark (Shusui). You'll never see Zoro waste Asura on fodder lol. I don't know if it is because it's difficult to draw like you said or it's something else altogether.

I'm not sure if it's armament, or if it's part of the mask.

If it is armament, then to likely hide his face as much as he can, since that's what the masks are for.

The cloud ring around Lucci (and also Luffy) resembles the one Yamato has in her Hybrid form. So does this mean she's Awakened too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back