• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1069: "All things are brought into this world with hope" (Official Translation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really, really hope we get to see Kidd fighting a High 6-A big shot soon like Law is doing with BB.
Round 2 with Shanks, maybe? There's a nearly zero chance he will run into an Admiral and i don't think it makes sense for him to fight Mihawk, idk if there's anyone else.

I really, really hope we get to see Kidd fighting a High 6-A big shot soon like Law is doing with BB.
Round 2 with Shanks, maybe? There's a nearly zero chance he will run into an Admiral and i don't think it makes sense for him to fight Mihawk, idk if there's anyone else.
If Saul is "the man marked by flames" then there is a good shot of him fighting whoever is in Elbaf.

If Saul is "the man marked by flames" then there is a good shot of him fighting whoever is in Elbaf.
Maybe we'll finally get a truly great giant warrior to finally back up BM's claim that allying with Elbaf would turn the tide against the other yonko. Aside from killing that island eater fish, giants have been pretty lackluster so far imo.

Yes, but i really doubt anyone there would be H6A, which was the main question.

I think Kid will have no fights, in case he appears again outside of the crews plotline.

Yes, but i really doubt anyone there would be H6A, which was the main question.

I think Kid will have no fights, in case he appears again outside of the crews plotline.
Maybe Shanks is at Elbaf since the Ace Novel showed Shanks staying in a mountain region with giant swords. Plus the Yonko Kid originally wanted to take down was Shanks and I'm assuming that will actually lead to something.
C5bIR3r.png

Last edited:
I really, really hope there's eventually something that puts Base/Zoan Lucci without Awakening (and maybe Kaku and Stussy as well) on the same level as Guernica and/or Maha, because Guernica has his fair share of Scabbard+ level High 6-A scaling feats already (and Maha has 1-2 of his own).

I still really love the fact that since Guernica is supposedly alive, his durability/endurance should probably be above Lucci's seeing as Mole Pistol made him cough a bit of blood and got sent away for like a minute. But Guernica could take attacks from Apoo and Drake, and then go up to the rooftop while injured and, without ANY protection but the clothes on his back, take an attack from an extraordinarily pissed "Super Hybrid" Kaidou, and survive.
Though if it crippled him or something, then I could understand.

I also like Sentomaru trying to be cautious and telling Luffy they aren't friends only to immediately engage in a friendly conversation with him about protecting his "Grandpa" and what not.

and, without ANY protection but the clothes on his back, take an attack from an extraordinarily pissed "Super Hybrid" Kaidou, and survive.

Personally I see this as PIS of the highest magnitude.

Like Oven being unable to somehow kill Pound.

Personally I see this as PIS of the highest magnitude.

Like Oven being unable to somehow kill Pound.
I just chalk it up to Oda getting their names wrong during 1053. It'd be stupid as hell for Guernica to live after that especially when Luffy got killed by what seemed to be the same attack. Unless Guernica is secretly Yonko level.

I still really love the fact that since Guernica is supposedly alive, his durability/endurance should probably be above Lucci's seeing as Mole Pistol made him cough a bit of blood and got sent away for like a minute. But Guernica could take attacks from Apoo and Drake, and then go up to the rooftop while injured and, without ANY protection but the clothes on his back, take an attack from an extraordinarily pissed "Super Hybrid" Kaidou, and survive.
Though if it crippled him or something, then I could understand.
Using Apoo and Drake is not a valid comparison (asides from Apoo's Boom attack, which itself did hurt him), but the Kaido stuff is right

I just chalk it up to Oda getting their names wrong during 1053. It'd be stupid as hell for Guernica to live after that especially when Luffy got killed by what seemed to be the same attack. Unless Guernica is secretly Yonko level.
I was also thinking that Oda got Guernica mixed up with Joseph at first lol.

Interestingly enough, TV Tropes has put Guernica (although they don't use his name) in as one of One Piece's Magnificent Bastards.

Hypothetically, if we were to assume that Early Wano to rooftop Zoro (minus Enma) was Zoro's true power at the start of the timeskip (and that his pre-Wano feats were all him holding back), if he had fought Mihawk, would Mihawk have won low-diff, mid-diff, or high diff?

Hypothetically, if we were to assume that Early Wano to rooftop Zoro (minus Enma) was Zoro's true power at the start of the timeskip (and that his pre-Wano feats were all him holding back), if he had fought Mihawk, would Mihawk have won low-diff, mid-diff, or high diff?
Taking into account Zoro's performance against Hybrid Kaido, wouldn't this hypothetical fight with Mihawk and Early Wano To Rooftop Zoro be high diff?

Mid-diff at most, I wouldn't be surprised if statistically Zoro wasn't too far off, just that Mihawk probably would have stomped him skill wise.

And if we use side material, in Stampede there was a clear gap between Mihawk and Zoro.

Not really, Zoro cut in half, but it was still going to crash on the island, while Mihawk completely decimated it.
Exactly, Mihawk did more than just steal the glory.

I remember Zoro's VA saying Zoro was going to use full power for the first time post-timeskip in that movie, and the scene between him and Mihawk after Mihawk's meteor cut was definitely about there still being a gap between them.

Zoro had to use a serious move to cut the meteor in half, while Mihawk decimated the same meteor with seemingly a casual slash.

Not really, Zoro cut in half, but it was still going to crash on the island, while Mihawk completely decimated it.
If you watch what happened carefully, you'd notice that Zoro halted the downward momentum of the meteor - which was the most important thing to do under the situation

If you watch what happened carefully, you'd notice that Zoro halted the downward momentum of the meteor - which was the most important thing to do under the situation
Yes, but then two halves were about to crash on the island, which is why Zoro panicked for a bit and prepared to a second attack before Mihawk decided to "help out".

Zoro was gonna minimize the destruction, but Mihawk was the one who completely neutralized the threat.

I'm not denying Zoro's feat, it's just that the movie was showing off that there was a clear gap between them, even though calc wise Zoro did something more impressive.

movie was showing off that there was a clear gap between them, even though calc wise Zoro did something more impressive.
Yeah, this is my point. Zoro even appeared a bit ticked off by the fact that Mihawk intervened, because he could handle it himself with a second attack, but the implication is that Mihawk could have handled it with a single attack

Official translations are out.
Devil fruits are literally brought from seperate timelines/dimensions into a world they don't belong to by the hopes of the current world's humans.
That explains why mother nature hates them, they're literally not meant to be in this branch of humanity (not even one of them, let alone thousands)

I don't think that's quite what Vegapunk is saying.
If the correction is right (which in the japanese it should be), then Manu and Library of Ohara said that it literally translates to "other dimensions" in japanese too. It's not just a translation change to fit the dialogue as far as I've seen. In Japanese it's pretty much the same. Devil Fruits are pretty much evolutions that exist in a different world for other humanities outside of the OP-World's from the sound of it

Pretty sure Elbaf/Void century stuff will probably clarify on this. I hope we see flashbacks of how that was even possible.
I'm beginning to think "Haki" is exclusive to the current OP world, just like devil fruits are evolutions exclusive to their own branches.... That or it's because human will (haki) brought them into the world, it explains why it can nullify them. It's getting complicated, what happened to this being funi pirate story

Last edited:
Official translations are out.
Devil fruits are literally brought from seperate timelines/dimensions into a world they don't belong to by the hopes of the current world's humans.
That explains why mother nature hates them, they're literally not meant to be in this branch of humanity (not even one of them, let alone thousands)
Other dimensions isn't the same as other timelines.

tho, I'd say this isn't THAT surprising, we've seen 3 (4 with Uta's, not sure her fruit is canon) DFs with powers to access pocket dimensions, if the creation of DFs has to do with one such dimension i wouldn't be surprised.

If the correction is right (which in the japanese it should be), then Manu and Library of Ohara said that it literally translates to "other dimensions" in japanese too. It's not just a translation change to fit the dialogue as far as I've seen. In Japanese it's pretty much the same. Devil Fruits are pretty much evolutions that exist in a different world for other humanities outside of the OP-World's from the sound of it

Pretty sure Elbaf/Void century stuff will probably clarify on this. I hope we see flashbacks of how that was even possible.
I'm beginning to think "Haki" is exclusive to the current OP world, just like devil fruits are evolutions exclusive to their own branches.... That or it's because human will (haki) brought them into the world, it explains why it can nullify them. It's getting complicated, what happened to this being funi pirate story

flowery language?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back