• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1069: "All things are brought into this world with hope" (Official Translation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, this was a great chapter. It's nice to see Lucci finally back in action. I'm kinda surprised that Luffy immediately is starting in Gear 5, but I guess it makes sense cuz it's when he feels the most free, so why wouldn't he naturally be at his most free in battle. Now the crew's got a better idea of what Luffy's Devil Fruit really is, and I'm finally glad we also get at least some insight into what Devil Fruits actually are. Not sure if Vegapunk's explanation is truly accurate since it seems to be more lore-based, but it's a step in the right direction.

To me, it feels pretty clear-cut that Zoan Form Lucci is High 6-A. I'm not sure whether that would apply to his base form. For now, it seems that the best changes to Lucci's profile would be to have him remain at least High 7-A in base form, High 6-A with Awakened Zoan form. It seems like Luffy's still got the advantage over Lucci in terms of AP, since Lucci clearly had trouble clashing against Luffy and was seen coughing up blood after only a few hits, while Luffy remained perfectly unfazed. So Lucci should just downscale from High 6-A.
When you say downscale, do you mean Scabbard level?

And yeah, I don't expect Lucci to be High 6-A once next chapter comes out.

He's gonna get fodderized, I just know it.

This man got tapped out momentarily by a haoshokuless punch-
Also Luffy punching the ground and the ground smacking Lucci was the most hilarious thing. He's so casual with him- that's about to change after the Sentomaru cheap shot though
When Luffy did that ground punch move, he calls it Mogura Pistol, which makes me headcannon that he named that move after Katakuri given his weapon is also called that and that move is really similar to Katakuri's awakening moves

This man got tapped out momentarily by a haoshokuless punch-
Also Luffy punching the ground and the ground smacking Lucci was the most hilarious thing. He's so casual with him- that's about to change after the Sentomaru cheap shot though
and no Advanced Armament
in fact I don't think it had any Haki at all
When Luffy did that ground punch move, he calls it Mogura Pistol, which makes me headcannon that he named that move after Katakuri given his weapon is also called that and that move is really similar to Katakuri's awakening moves
I THOUGHT THIS TOO!

Mogura did have the effect of making things bulge out before they explode when the force of it went out the other side, right?
Same thing happened here, minus the explosion. He hit the ground, ground bulged out and hit Lucci. Definitely inspiration

Luffy still calling his moves "gomu gomu" thinking his fruit's just plain ol' rubber...
Now literally everybody knows except him-

Robin's face though?? Everyone was shocked. Robin's panel has her heart POUNDING in the sound effect at how shook she was

Luffy literally falling asleep while dodging has to be one of the most disrespectful things I ever saw in fiction.
Well, besides this

Also I expect Blackbeard to maybe have suspicions about Luffy's true colors regarding his DF as he studies the DF book and hasn't seen his fruit in it, and is also known for researching history a lot, but why doesn't Sanji know about his fruit not being in the Encyclopedia?

I highly doubt he's High 6-A right now. Let's wait for the next chapter before we give him High 6-A for one feat which is a highly debatable feat as well.
I'm trying my best to be neutral about Lucci here, I think right now he's like YC3, but we'll see.
He has to be less than Admiral level though since it seems that Kizaru is coming to lay waste to CP0 and make them his CPHOES, lol.
You sure he's not High 6-A? Like I said, he's clearly not Emperor level, since Luffy could easily avoid his attacks, but he could still at least somewhat clash with Luffy. It's the same as Zoro being capable of landing some grazing blows on Kaido. Doesn't mean he actually scales to Kaido yet, but he's at least somewhat comparable.

I mean, when Lucci and Luffy clashed, both of their fists were blackened, heavily implied to be Armament Haki. Doesn't the fact that he was capable of momentarily clashing with this mean he should at least downscale?

You sure he's not High 6-A? Like I said, he's clearly not Emperor level, since Luffy could easily avoid his attacks, but he could still at least somewhat clash with Luffy. It's the same as Zoro being capable of landing some grazing blows on Kaido. Doesn't mean he actually scales to Kaido yet, but he's at least somewhat comparable.

I mean, when Lucci and Luffy clashed, both of their fists were blackened, heavily implied to be Armament Haki. Doesn't the fact that he was capable of momentarily clashing with this mean he should at least downscale?
Possibly. Also, Zoro scarred Kaidou lol. His AP is far above Lucci's and maybe comparable to Kaidou's somewhat.

Let's wait for more before we can say he's anything.
Clashing with a casual Luffy (who's known to hold back often) doesn't immidiately scale you to his fullest. If he doesn't get one tapped (so the main event is luffy vs kizaru) next chapter then we can say he is

Clashing with a casual Luffy (who's known to hold back often) doesn't immidiately scale you to his fullest. If he doesn't get one tapped (so the main event is luffy vs kizaru) next chapter then we can say he is
I suppose that's fair. Though I don't imagine Kizaru's going to have much better luck against Luffy with everything Luffy's gone through. Then again, maybe Kizaru's been holding back. We'll just have to wait next chapter to see.

I'm confident he'll get fodderized next chapter.

I'm confident he'll get fodderized next chapter.
I got a feeling too.
Tbh I'm hoping for it if anything. Lucci felt very.. unthreatening? Literally just a "he's there I guess" presence in the greatness that was the lore drops/nika shenanigans/Yonko status being hyped up to hell

I got a feeling too.
Tbh I'm hoping for it if anything. Lucci felt very.. unthreatening? Literally just a "he's there I guess" presence in the greatness that was the lore drops/nika shenanigans/Yonko status being hyped up to hell
Yea, there's no way he's going to be an actual threat to Luffy. It's more of a callback to when they first dueled, especially that image of their fists clashing like at Enie's Lobby. Whereas before, Lucci was the one with more advantages over Luffy and the one who had the upper hand for most of the fight, here it's the other way around, and there's nothing Lucci can do to overcome that gap.

It's honestly kind of laughable that Lucci believed he'd be able to pose a threat against Luffy even after having heard of his victory against Kaido.

It's still not fully settling on me that up until now
Not Luffy, not his crew, not Kaido- no one knew Nika's true ability. Vegapunk is the only person knowledgeable of it.. and now Luffy's gonna learn just how BS his power is-

PjjoOmG.jpg

I'm waiting here for VP to drop some bombshells related to aliens🤞

Luffy still calling his moves "gomu gomu" thinking his fruit's just plain ol' rubber...
Now literally everybody knows except him-

Robin's face though?? Everyone was shocked. Robin's panel has her heart POUNDING in the sound effect at how shook she was
I noticed that about Robin too. Maybe that reaction was also due to her being an archaeologist and she was hearing mind-blowing stuff like that about Devil Fruits and Luffy's Gear 5th form?

This is something that some people have said and I thought about as well.

Up until now we have only seen 2 instances of confirmed Awakened Zoans (now 3 in this chapter). The first one in impel down with the awakened guards, the second time with Gear 5th, and now with Lucci.

It's weird how Lucci, being a carnivorous Zoan (not a mythical Zoan), has the mystical ribbons that we have seen on mythical Zoans like Luffy, Yamato, and Kaido. At first it seemed like a trait exclusive to mythical Zoans, but as shown with this chapter, that's not the case (unless Lucci has a secret mythic Zoan). So one might just think that any awakened Zoan likely gets the mystic ribbons, until you remember the impel down awakened guards had no such ribbons.

Is this Oda just doing something cool for Lucci? Maybe, but I'm not too sure about that as Pythagoras notes that Awakened Zoans tend to have their minds overwhelmed and likely become primal (like what we see with the Impel down Zoans), but Lucci is in full control and his form is interesting enough for Pythagoras to also note compared to other Zoan awakenings he has seen.

So I (and likely plenty others) theorize that Awakened Zoans might have two forms, one that occurs when the user is overwhelmed and becomes this monstrous animal (the Jailer Beasts in Impel Down), and one that occurs whenever the user is in full control of themselves and the fruit. And maybe in this controlled state they obtain the ribbon so as to represent them being in control? We'll likely just have to wait.

Also, I think that the ribbon is something that normal Zoans have to awaken to obtain, but some Mythical Zoans can obtain them without awakening, like Gear 4th Luffy, Zoan and Hybrid Yamato, and Dragon Kaido (although Yamato and Kaido could both possibly be awakened, but we have no confirmation).

Enel is a weird one since he also has a mystic ribbon and he's a logia, not a zoan, but you could argue he purposely created it with his lightning to make his Amaru form seem even more divine.

Last edited:
If this is true, are the ribbons the representation of wisdom?

Someone tell me what those ancient Japanese ribbons represent. The one's worn by deities similarly to the Mystic Ribbons!

Last edited:

Up until now we have only seen 2 instances of confirmed Awakened Zoans (now 3 in this chapter). The first one in impel down with the awakened guards, the second time with Gear 5th, and now with Lucci.

It's weird how Lucci, being a carnivorous Zoan (not a mythical Zoan), has the mystical ribbons that we have seen on mythical Zoans like Luffy, Yamato, and Kaido. At first it seemed like a trait exclusive to mythical Zoans, but as shown with this chapter, that's not the case (unless Lucci has a secret mythic Zoan). So one might just think that any awakened Zoan likely gets the mystic ribbons, until you remember the impel down awakened guards had no such ribbons.

Is this Oda just doing something cool for Lucci? Maybe, but I'm not too sure about that as Pythagoras notes that Awakened Zoans tend to have their minds overwhelmed and likely become primal (like what we see with the Impel down Zoans), but Lucci is in full control and his form is interesting.

So I (and likely plenty others) theorize that Awakened Zoans might have two forms, one that occurs when the user is overwhelmed and become this monstrous animal (the Jailer Beasts in Impel Down), and one that occurs whenever the user is in full control of themselves and the fruit. And maybe in this controlled state they obtain the ribbon so as to represent them being in control? We'll likely just have to wait.

Also, I think that the ribbon is something that normal Zoans have to awaken to obtain, but some Mythical Zoans can obtain them without awakening, like Gear 4th Luffy, Zoan and Hybrid Yamato, and Dragon Kaido (although Yamato and Kaido could both possibly be awakened, but we have no confirmation).

Enel is a weird one since he also has a mystic ribbon and he's a logia, not a zoan, but you could argue he purposely created it with his lightning to make his Amaru form seem even more divine.
And to add on to this, this COULD (not for certain) mean that Monster Point is Choppers awakened bestial form. It's very similar to the Jailer Beasts in that it's basically a bipedal animal/monster. But the interesting point is that he has full control of this form in the post time skip. Going off of my earlier theory, this should mean he has achieved his wise/controlled awakening, but he looks basically the same as he does in the pre time skip and doesn't have mystic ribbons (which I suggest could mean a wise and in control awakened Zoan).

This should mean that either Choppers monster point isn't his awakening and just simply a mutation through the rumble balls, or the ribbon idea is debunked. I think it's neither of these choices.

I think that the reason Chopper has a bestial awakening even though he's in full control of Monster Point, is because he achieves this form through unnatural means, his rumble balls. These ball are basically forcing his body to undergo through drastic change, change that isn't natural or done by himself. And because of this unnatural forced transformation, he's unable to achieve his wise/Controlled awakening that requires one to naturally control their fruit.

So basically because Chopper is cheating, he can't get mystic ribbons lol.

Last edited:
And to add on to this, this COULD (not for certain) mean that Monster Point is Choppers awakened bestial form. It's very similar to the Jailer Beasts in that it's basically a bipedal animal/monster. But the interesting point is that he has full control of this form in the post time skip. Going off of my earlier theory, this should mean he has achieved his wise/controlled awakening, but he looks basically the same as he does in the pre time skip and doesn't have mystic ribbons (which I suggest could mean a wise and in control awakened Zoan).

This should mean that either Choppers monster point isn't his awakening and just simply a mutation through the rumble balls, or the ribbon is debunked. I think it's neither of these choices.

I think that the reason Chopper has a bestial awakening even though he's in full control of Monster Point, is because he achieves this form through unnatural means, his rumble balls. These ball are basically forcing his body to undergo through drastic change, change that isn't natural or done by himself. And because of this unnatural forced transformation, he's unable to achieve his wise/Controlled awakening that requires one to natural control their fruit.

So basically because Chopper is cheating, he can't get mystic ribbons lol.
Of course I could very well be wrong and it is just a rumble ball form lol.

I remember Kuzan specifically talking about how Ace was a bad matchup for him. Normally Kuzan should be comfortably above Ace, but they are equal due to fruit power interactions
I don't know. Ace seems to have good physicals and so does Kuzan iirc. His Haki is better, but I think Ace has better Observation, and has Conqueror's.
The fruit equality thing is true.
I'd argue they're equal.

I noticed that about Robin too. Maybe that reaction was also due to her being an archaeologist and she was hearing mind-blowing stuff like that about Devil Fruits and Luffy's Gear 5th form?
Maybe. My first thought was the fact that she may have heard about Nika from the slaves building tequilla wolf bridge or read it on a pongelyph

Is this Oda just doing something cool for Lucci? Maybe, but I'm not too sure about that as Pythagoras notes that Awakened Zoans tend to have their minds overwhelmed and likely become primal (like what we see with the Impel down Zoans), but Lucci is in full control and his form is interesting enough for Pythagoras to also note compared to other Zoan awakenings he has seen.

So I (and likely plenty others) theorize that Awakened Zoans might have two forms, one that occurs when the user is overwhelmed and becomes this monstrous animal (the Jailer Beasts in Impel Down), and one that occurs whenever the user is in full control of themselves and the fruit. And maybe in this controlled state they obtain the ribbon so as to represent them being in control? We'll likely just have to wait.

Yeah I told this to a friend yesterday too since they asked why Lucci has the swirly patterns even though he's not a mythical! What a coincidence. The ribbon/swirls is likely a sign of a fully mastered Zoan awakening. Body and mind caught up and honed.
While the more brute animalistic awakenings of the jailors are like that because they're imperfect and lean too heavily on the animal side.

Though this might confirm Kaido has no awakening, since we never saw the ribbon around any of his forms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back