• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1069: "All things are brought into this world with hope" (Official Translation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I told this to a friend yesterday too since they asked why Lucci has the swirly patterns even though he's not a mythical! What a coincidence. The ribbon/swirls is likely a sign of a fully mastered Zoan awakening. Body and mind caught up and honed.
While the more brute animalistic awakenings of the jailors are like that because they're imperfect and lean too heavily on the animal side.

Though this might confirm Kaido has no awakening, since we never saw the ribbon around any of his forms
Great minds think a like!

I think his dragon form does have the ribbons, unless those are flame clouds wrapping around arms and body.

Last edited:
Just saying, but there are ways to scale Katakuri to H6A currently, it would upgrade pretty much everyone from WCI onwards to H6A but it doesn't create contradictions as far as i know (and i have been thinking about it a lot), it just diminishes the gap from these characters.

images
https://temp.*********.com/manga/One-Piece/1069-010.png

Global warming my ass these two mf cool af. I don't care about the scaling anymore...vibe is no1.
Agreed! I wonder if this redoing that Enies Lobby clash scene with Awakened Luffy and Awakened Lucci was one of the ideas he came up with during that month long break.

Also, I think that the ribbon is something that normal Zoans have to awaken to obtain, but some Mythical Zoans can obtain them without awakening, like Gear 4th Luffy, Zoan and Hybrid Yamato, and Dragon Kaido (although Yamato and Kaido could both possibly be awakened, but we have no confirmation).
I really doubt she has already awakened. Her hybrid just had a cold aura, Zoan Kaido has flame clouds & Gear 4/5th has steam. I still think his Super Hybrid is his awakened state, he talks about awakenings while he was in that transformation & he was much tougher just like Road to Laughtale described this state. I think those ribbons are references to some sort of deities: Okiku calls Kaido a wisdom king, Hyogoro compares Boundman to a wisdom king and Yamato's DF is a gurdian god. Enel has a god complex, has full control of his body thanks to his logia, so he decicdes to take the form of a Raijin God. I think Lucci's ribbons are different from the others since they're the only ones colored in the black n' white manga and coming from a normal zoan.

Last edited:
I really doubt she has already awakened. Her hybrid just had a cold aura, Zoan Kaido has flame clouds & Gear 4/5th has steam. I still think his Super Hybrid is his awakened state, he talks about awakenings while he was in that transformation & he was much tougher just like Road to Laughtale described this state. I think those ribbons are references to some sort of deities: Okiku calls a wisdom king, Hyogoro compares Boundman to a wisdom king and Yamato's fruit is a gurdian god. Enel has a god complex, has full control of his body thanks to his logia, so he decicdes to take the form of a Raijin God. I think Lucci's ribbons are different from the other, they're the only ones colored in the black n' white manga and coming from a normal zoan.
It's just that Lucci's awakening really makes these ribbons very interesting imo. I feel like we shouldn't gloss over them

You mean turning into an elemental giant? GB became a wooden golem without those ribbons

Basically what the admirals did to Punk Hazard
Precisely!
And Enies Lobby = A possible fight between an Awakened Pika Pika no Mi user and Zushi Zushi no Mi user. That's why the WG has Kizaru and Fujitora, to recreate it.
Or, it could be from a user of Shiki's floating fruit vs a Pika Pika no Mi user, but that's less likely.

First time the official release might be far more relevant/different than the unofficial translations. Looking forward to sunday

So the scans got Vegapunk's reveal wrong? Well that sucks.
From the looks of it, yeah. The title is apparently different.

1. The title of the chapter is:万物は望まれて、この世に生まれる. Which means: All things are born into the world because they are wished for. Which to me seems like super important worldbuilding for One Piece. (unless there is a saying that goes like this? But i've not found it)

Devil fruit stuff is seemingly differently too??? There's talk of literal seperate dimensions (I'm guessing set-up for a peep into other world's and their evolutions in the future maybe)

2. Vegpunk says: 能力者とは誰かが思い描いたいくつもの異次元を生きる者たち Which means: Ability users are people who live in many different dimensions that someone envisioned. 異次元 literally means 'different dimension'. Kind of a big deal no?

Apparently there's way more that are gonna be left for the official/Ohara's translation (who previously corrected a lot of mistakes from translator's too)
Japanese isn't as simple as english/french and whatnot so it's easy to mis-read/mistranslate certain things. Either way look forward to sunday

lol yeah.
TO BE FAIR, back then I uh.. Didn't have the best views on LGBTQ people.
I had to meet a follow One Piece lover ( they're on this site but don't participate in threads anymore, named Goodyfresh ) who bashed me hard for my views to know that it wasn't right to be so judgmental and critical of them.
Glad I changed though.
I'm happy to hear you became a better person!

If BB's fighting Law & Mihawk's in Cross Guild, where are Moria & Perona? Is Moria even alive?

Moria has either been defeated by the Blackbeard Pirates and killed, or captured, or recruited by them, or he's ran away.

Perona is unknown; last we saw she was leaving Mihawk to go find Moria.

I really, really hope we get to see Kidd fighting a High 6-A big shot soon like Law is doing with BB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back