• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1030: Echoes the impermanence of all things (Fan Translations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's oddly specific.. almost giving me Baryon Mode vibes.
Ehhhh

Law's is actually dope.

People keep saying "Law's awakening ability makes him do something he always does" Law does not have a single internal damage move outside of Gamma knife.

Now he can turn things intangible? Imagine if he used this on his body to phase through attacks.

True

But I still find his ability to be a bit specific for the matchup in general. It's like his awakening was made specifically just to counter Haki/his main weakness. Which I guess isn't a bad thing, but idk. I love Kid's awakening far better. It doesn't feel like an ability they pulled out for plot's sake, and it's simple but really cool.

then again the fact that they're pulling it out here in the first place feels kinda forced especially when you wonder when Law would've had time to train/awaken is df. And if he always had it why he never used it against Doffy.

The whole fight has been "negate the Yonko's dura" since they're so tanky.

And Law didn't use Curtain against Doffy, maybe he learned those moves while he was on his ship or right before the raid. It's been several weeks since Dressrosa anyways

then again the fact that they're pulling it out here in the first place feels kinda forced especially when you wonder when Law would've had time to train/awaken is df. And if he always had it why he never used it against Doffy.
TBF Law says he’s not very good at it and he doesn’t want to use it in a real fight

Ehhhh

Law's is actually dope.

People keep saying "Law's awakening ability makes him do something he always does" Law does not have a single internal damage move outside of Gamma knife.

Now he can turn things intangible? Imagine if he used this on his body to phase through attacks.
Like, i know his sword isn't part of his body so it isn't him and thus is a valid form of awakening as we know it, but in practice it's not that different from applying it to himself, his Room is already what we would expect from an awakening, for example, let's take DJ as a DF for a second, Sanji applying DJ to a sword is impossible as far as we know so it would be a valid form of awakening, but it's not as good of an awakening as setting things around him on fire with a glare, Law is normally in the "with a glare" level and got the "to a sword" level now.

If his awakening was his base and his Room the awakening it would be much better because it would be the "surgeon powers" and then the "surgery room powers", instead of the surgery room and then the surgeon.

That's a great ability tbh. "**** yo Haki, bitch"
Y u p. Haki can save you from the effects of the room, but it sure as hell doesn't stop the Room's dome from being created. Basically apply the dome's intangibility to the sword and you get a blade that'll go through anything before Law fries you inside out with its ability.

I'm hoping we see "Shockwave" outside of awakening, though. If within the sword it creates a blast strong enough to flatten Hera and Prometheus, imagine if the dome was island sized like with PH and Law uses Shockwave on that scale.

Kid has done the impossible and has made Big Mom attractive.

found it on a youtube comment LMFAO.
jojo-hmm.gif

I need a clear statement that says "Zoro can't fight at his full power now" so this makes sense.
I mean, why would he be unable tho? 30 broken bones isn't beyond what we have seen OP characters do, Super Secret Healing Potion on top of that? Zoro shouldn't have a problem fighting at full power.

And it's not like King is a weak opponent, he isn't even using true dinosaur powers yet, Boomerang Wings or maybe Sword Wings.

I think all we got is that the drug brought Zoro to fighting condition so that he can fight again (but with drawbacks fo after the fight of course). I don't think there's any statements saying he's completely fine, but I might be forgetting.

I mean, King is literally matching a guy who (somewhat) matched Kaido's attacks, overpowered his Tatsumaki attack with a Tatsumaki of his own, and despite having 30 broken bones still scarred Hybrid Kaido in Asura, so a fully healthy Asura would've likely made Kaido fight more.

And King is matching this guy.

Kaido knows how to pick 'em.

Zoro struggling against base king, wow.
How can you even tell that's Base King and not Hybrid Form King in that panel? Plus, it really doesn't make sense for King to revert back to his Base form to fight Zoro after he was pissed off by him the last time we saw them fighting.

ETA: Nevermind this post. He is in his Base Form lol.

Last edited:
How can you even tell that's Base King and not Hybrid Form King in that panel? Plus, it really doesn't make sense for King to revert back to his Base form to fight Zoro after he was pissed off by him the last time we saw them fighting.
He reverted back to base at the end of 1027

Besides Base King was already matching Marco so it's not like he's low tier.
No one who its suppost to be the strongest member of a yonko crew should be consider low tier in the verse, King isn't an exception.

Despire lacking feats, every All-Stars and Sweet Commanders should logically be assumed to be somewhat comparable to WB's top crew members like Marco, Jozu, Ace and Vista.

I mean, King is literally matching a guy who (somewhat) matched Kaido's attacks, overpowered his Tatsumaki attack with a Tatsumaki of his own, and despite having 30 broken bones still scarred Hybrid Kaido in Asura, so a fully healthy Asura would've likely made Kaido fight more.

And King is matching this guy.

Kaido knows how to pick 'em.
Arent all those feats done via unleashing more haki with Enma? We see an aura around the sword for Zoro's attacks on the roof, so far during the king fight that hasn't happened and all we've see is standard buso.

Not saying King's not strong but saying he's matching those feats isn't exactly true at this point in time.

Yeah, the effects of Enma are specifically said to be "drawing the maximum output of an attack from the user", meaning every slash meant for Kaido was Zoro's FULLEST before Ashura. Which is why he's seen breathing heavier whenever he aims Enma at Kaido. So far with King he's been relying less on that, and until we see Enma highlighted with the aura before he swings at King and King takes that on, we can't really say King can match Zoro's roof feats.

Yeah, the effects of Enma are specifically said to be "drawing the maximum output of an attack from the user", meaning every slash meant for Kaido was Zoro's FULLEST before Ashura. Which is why he's seen breathing heavier whenever he aims Enma at Kaido. So far with King he's been relying less on that, and until we see Enma highlighted with the aura before he swings at King and King takes that on, we can't really say King can match Zoro's roof feats.
Oh I don't think King is on par with Zoro's roof feats, but he's definitely not far behind.

His base form alone is equal to Marco and Raid Suit Sanji, the latter of whom is >= Hybrid Queen. His Zoan form stomped Raid Suit Sanji and overpowered Marco.

He is what all other 1st Yonko commanders should aspire to be in terms of power.

I think his Hybrid form will lose to Ashura after a tough fight.

Just a note that Sanji was considerably less powerful when he fought King than when he is currently fighting Queen.

Oh I don't think King is on par with Zoro's roof feats, but he's definitely not far behind.

His base form alone is equal to Marco and Raid Suit Sanji, the latter of whom is >= Hybrid Queen. His Zoan form stomped Raid Suit Sanji and overpowered Marco.

He is what all other 1st Yonko commanders should aspire to be in terms of power.

I think his Hybrid form will lose to Ashura after a tough fight.
For sure. I highly doubt Zoro's TOO far ahead of King. He's likely not much stronger than a first commander, if not baseline first commander level with Enma making him higher. King is by no means a pushover either- he fought Marco for a while, overpowered Raid Suit Sanji and was still killing it in base while Queen was hanging in Hybrid already.
If anything the gap between King and Queen might actually be a bit higher than we're being let on, considering he's fighting Zoro, who I'd say outclasses Sanji by a good bit even now in attack power and overall deadliness. Sanji's newest boost seems to be very specifically just a durability/regen one, rather than offensive.

For sure. I highly doubt Zoro's TOO far ahead of King. He's likely not much stronger than a first commander, if not baseline first commander level with Enma making him higher. King is by no means a pushover either- he fought Marco for a while, overpowered Raid Suit Sanji and was still killing it in base while Queen was hanging in Hybrid already.
If anything the gap between King and Queen might actually be a bit higher than we're being let on, considering he's fighting Zoro, who I'd say outclasses Sanji by a good bit even now in attack power and overall deadliness. Sanji's newest boost seems to be very specifically just a durability/regen one, rather than offensive.
Meh, would you say Base King is stronger than Hybrid Marco?

And Marco's Hybrid really is just King's Hybrid, since he can only change his legs/Arms to create his Zoan's features while still staying humanoid. They're strangely similiar at that.

Okay then, DJ Sanji is equal Hybrid Marco at worst, much stronger at best.
How so? There's no implication that Sanji's base with DJ is similiar to King's base. I for one consider certain Zoans ability users' base forms>their Zoan forms (Lucci, Kaido and King are the best proofs of this. Jack as well.)
If he needed Raid Suit to tank King and still be unable to halt his flight (albeit before his new power up) he'd definitely not hold off base King for long even with DJ.

How so? There's no implication that Sanji's base with DJ is similiar to King's base.
Does it matter? We can compare it to Marco, no need to have any implication on how it would be against King.

I for one consider certain Zoans ability users' base forms>their Zoan forms (Lucci, Kaido and King are the best proofs of this. Jack as well.)
Well, i doubt that's the case for Queen, at least when it comes to durability, so here is a comparison of HMarco kicking Queen's base form vs DJSanji kicking his Zoan form

Like Bottle pointed above, Marco was already tired here, but Queen's Zoan scales above his base in Dura, so it evens out in the end.
If he needed Raid Suit to tank King and still be unable to halt his flight (albeit before his new power up) he'd definitely not hold off base King for long even with DJ.
"Halt his flight" is about Zoan King right? I am sure i said i was talking about Base King, who Sanji was matching at the start of his evolution, without the speed booster or DJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back