• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1030: Echoes the impermanence of all things (Fan Translations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can have high mastery w/out being awakened.

Awakening being mastery is ehh. It just seems like an alternate usage.

I mean but even if it's just a form of alternate usage, you would think someone like Big Mom would have discovered it at this point.

heck, one of her own children has an awakened devil fruit. so she should at least know that awakening is possible.

idk it just seems weird to me ya know? Unless some Devil fruits simply cant awaken, which is a possibility

I mean but even if it's just a form of alternate usage, you would think someone like Big Mom would have discovered it at this point.

heck, one of her own children has an awakened devil fruit. so she should at least know that awakening is possible.

idk it just seems weird to me ya know? Unless some Devil fruits simply cant awaken, which is a possibility
She'll show it, Oda's just weird with how he waits to reveal shit; for example Big Mom only showed hao coating after the ability was revealed.

She might be that lazy bitch that goes: "Awakening? Cool, I ain't gon' need that shit"

She'll show it, Oda's just weird with how he waits to reveal shit; for example Big Mom only showed hao coating after the ability was revealed.
I hope so man lol.

She might be that lazy bitch that goes: "Awakening? Cool, I ain't gon' need that shit"
lol. I mean, she doesn't really need awakening tbh, she's already one of the physically strongest characters in-verse. I'm just pretty curious what it would look like.

Tbf Big Mom is right now hyper confident and probably thinks that she won't need it to win. I sort of can't blame her since up to now Law and Kidd haven't done anything major to her (basically just inconvenienced her honestly) during their fight (until this chapter).

As we have seen throughout the Post Timeskip, characters tend to use awakening only when they're pushed to a corner, and Big Mom isn't really being pushed right now, she's basically just dealing with super durable nuisances (until this chapter that is).

Hasn’t Law always been able to attack opponents from inside their bodies with Gamma knife? How is his awakening going to be any different?

Hasn’t Law always been able to attack opponents from inside their bodies with Gamma knife? How is his awakening going to be any different?
Gamma knife is his strongest attack

This'll probably make any sword slice or anything happen from inside the body

Yeah. I imagine it’s going to be like he’s literally “operating” inside of you with every move he makes.

kinda like he’s your surgeon, and your body is cut open on his table.

i love this chapter but the kinemon part is kinda lame tbh. (this pic is from this chapter when we saw yamato talking about the island)
also i calced the pic of onigashiama (only the head from top of head to bottom of it not counting the island/rocks. also didnt calc the horns) and i got 7km (not pro at calcing btw but i used the 863m eye calc) so this island might be without horns 10~12km but if with horns it might be 13/15km? its a big island

After seeing more of the previews this seems like a solid enough chapter to me. The negativity seems to have been exaggerated.

The problems are still there, for sure. Oda just knows how to ease things up by being... well, Oda. Not as bad as I thought, still think his narrative decisions were ass though.

Personally, I'm not surprised to see Kin'emon still alive since he still has to meet his wife who hasn't laid eyes on him in 20 years. But Kanjuro should be dead after being killed two times before already. Why the hell is he still alive on his last breath drawing one final demon? Hopefully Kiku and Ashura are both actually dead, because some of these Scabbards actually need to die in this war.

So Kidd's awakening allows him to generate magnetic centers onto OTHER objects? Basically a Chibaku tensei-- but with metal. And Law just got more busted if his awakening can bypass the passive block that Haki has against his spatial manip.
Kaido needs to Awaken, if he isn't already and is just holding out on it. Luffy is doing well against him in base, so an awakening to surpass Luffy's base and even have an edge against Gear Fourth sounds only right.
Until Luffy awakens his ability and makes it more even again.

Kanjuro is still god damn active. What is with all of these character being constantly knocked out and getting back up in the span of literal minutes or an hour. Everyone got the stamina of a Zoan
The non-zoans are recovering from damage faster than the actual zoans this arc, like, i get that the 9Ss are stronger than the F6s, but you would think the top tiers of both stamina and recovery of a verse where 2 randoms can fight for 12 hours would be able to recover from the level of damage they took in their fights.

Also i hate Kanjuro, at least if his name was Panjuro i would get him surviving Kin but it isn't, and even if i did laugh with Kin's legs he shouldn't be alive IMO.

But holy **** Law made Big Mom bleed, that's insane regardless of hax, Wanji and Wal in Wano so it's simply the best arc.

Interestingly enough, Law's "Shockwave" after he bypasses Big Mom's durability seems to have an outside effect as well. Prometheus and Hera both get flattened by it, and stay flat for several panels afterwards before the steel collides with her.
If a shockwave that powerful came through her body and all it did was make her cough blood, Big Mom's insides must be made out of steel. The hag is built different!
Does this give a gauge on the force of Kidd's magnetism? It was so high that Big Mom herself couln't swing her blade after all.

Interestingly enough, Law's "Shockwave" after he bypasses Big Mom's durability seems to have an outside effect as well. Prometheus and Hera both get flattened by it, and stay flat for several panels afterwards before the steel collides with her.
It is an insane ability. He is literally compacting his Room, injecting it into Big Mom and blowing it up from inside of her. Yet what's more insane is the fact that she's still up and running after that. Imagine if that attack hit Doffy, ion think he'd be able to stitch himself up anymore :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
If a shockwave that powerful came through her body and all it did was make her cough blood, Big Mom's insides must be made out of steel. The hag is built different!
Does this give a gauge on the force of Kidd's magnetism? It was so high that Big Mom herself couln't swing her blade after all.
Yeah I definitely do think it gives a pretty good indicator of Kidd's magnetic abilities. If he can master his Awakening, I don't think any swordsmen is gonna be able to beat him, especially not if the location works in Kidd's favor....

Hopefully we see more of it next chapter- weird how Kinemon's half is still bleeding while he's running, but also now that I re-read it, Kinemon saying Law didn't reattach him correctly is technically right, because wasn't it SANJI in Nami's body who stuck Kin back together?
Maybe that's why Kinemon's body didn't fully reattach, because it wasn't Law who did it via his fruit, just a temporary fix thing.

because wasn't it SANJI in Nami's body who stuck Kin back together?
That's still so weird and dumb. If that's the case is shouldn't have just "stuck on" it would've just slipped off being able to reattach a body like that manually makes no sense to me.

Wait I'm confused. What does Law's awakening do?
Apply the properties of Room to his sword instead of creating a dome with it, and making his sword intangible and phase through things (similiar to how room's dome can go through solid objects and whatnot).
So it grants his sword intangibility, or at least the ability to phase through things. In the chapter's case- through Big Mom. She didn't even feel it when it stabbed her, and there wasn't a wound. It phased through, and shockwave hurt her inside out.

Apply the properties of Room to his sword instead of creating a dome with it, and making his sword intangible and phase through things (similiar to how room's dome can go through solid objects and whatnot).
So it grants his sword intangibility, or at least the ability to phase through things. In the chapter's case- through Big Mom. She didn't even feel it when it stabbed her, and there wasn't a wound. It phased through, and shockwave hurt her inside out.
That's a great ability tbh. "**** yo Haki, bitch"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back