• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1002: "Yonkou VS. New Generation" (Official Release)

Eminiteable

He/Him
Friday the thread will be updated with fan translations for chapter and on Sunday the official release will be out.

No break next week

Link to the Chapter Viz, Mangaplus

Chapter Poll: Chapter Poll

Spoilers could potentially be discussed in this thread, also try not to derail this thread.

Last edited:
- Big Mom uses a new lightning attack, lightning appears from everywhere.
- Luffy is not affected from Big Mom's attack, she asks why and Luffy says "Because I'm rubber".
Can we please give Luffy immunity to lightning all ready -_-
- Kaidou hits Luffy with his “Bolo Breath” but it doesn't work.
And fire

Can we please give Luffy immunity to lightning all ready -_-
Immunity is against wiki rules, for example it would imply he could tank tier 1 lightning. Also regarding the fire I've been told he blocked it with his ryou barrier rather than tanked it due to an immunity.

I hate rules like that, but I can't argue against it and I won't fill up the thread full of it, so gg.

Kong Gatling? That seems tough, I need to see the official picture w/ the full drawing of this, and I'm waiting for the colored too

Damn bro Im so hyped, looks like Kaido is getting it with alot but seemingly is tanking it tho how much damage he takes we’ll have to see.

It mentions Law uses Gamma Knife but not who on.

Damn bro Im so hyped, looks like Kaido is getting it with alot but seemingly is tanking it tho how much damage he takes we’ll have to see.

It mentions Law uses Gamma Knife but not who on.
Probably Kaido, he has no beef w/ Linlin

Considering Oda has been keeping up with only the fight I'm going to take a guess that Act 3 will end next chapter (considering it would have been 45 chapters since act 3 began)

In which case I wonder how Oda will end off the act.

I am curious how he’ll end the act as well.

For Gamma Knife I do believe it was Kaido and honestly with all the shit he seemingly tanks after that Kaido may be getting some legit feats this chapter.

I don't even care about Radiation Resistance.

Can we get a Tier 6 feat?
It's useful for his battle arsenal.

Honestly the only way I can see a tier 6 feat getting produced is if someone destroys Onigashima (let's just hope it's not law so it can actually be used).

Last edited:
hopefully cutting onigashimas horn is something kinda decent for a calc? Kaido seemingly tanks gamma knife so much for law being useful lmao. Kidd looking like the weakest link here honestly since even killer found a way to deal internal damage with that weird move. zoro flexed on kaido by being rhe only person to deflect his wind scythes. Im gueessing the supernova are supposed to lose or Oda doesnt know what he wants to do with big mom or maybe its even some type of set up for the betrayal, but they've been ignoring her very hard as if shes not a threat and currently shes done more damage to the supernovas than Kaido has.

hopefully cutting onigashimas horn is something kinda decent for a calc?
Honestly doubt it will be anything Impressive with the current size calced for Onigashima, it would be lucky to reach 7-A (unless I'm mistaken)

checked again and actually it probably will result in something impressive, mainly due to how far the horn flew away from the point of impact and the timeframe being very short.

Checked again and from what I can tell based off the current Pica size calculations the horn should be bigger than what Zoro cut with Daisen Sekai.

Here's the size of Onigashima so maybe someone could work it out from there.

Last edited:
Havnt seen the new releases but im assuming Kaido and Mama are still seemingly holding back.

I have a hard time seeing how the Novas plan on beating one of the Yonko let alone both, I can maybe see it if Zoro and Luffy make huge leaps in abilities and powers but thats for one.

Something has to happen imo.

Last edited:
I mean WB was a beast but id definetly say he has trying harder than Mama and Kaido are rn, if it wasnt for his health conditions tho... we might not be talkin about BB as a Yonko.

Yep, Luffys Lightning and Fire resistances are LEGIT, Kaido is tanking all kinds of shit (Even if he gets damaged he still seems to shrug it off like instantly), Zoro is insane getting Kaido to dodge and while they are starting to ramp it up it seems both BM and Kaido heavily underestimated the Nova's and weren't trying very hard but are starting to try.

Also Gamma Knife doing nothing to Kaido is kinda funny ngl.

Kidd seems like he may very well be the weakest link since even Killer got some dura neg.

Last edited:
God this fight is godly! Seeing the supernovas and Big Mom pull out new moves is always dope!

I think you could actually get 7-A results with the Dragon Blaze since Mitch calc'ed the eye of Onigashima to be around 800 or something meters while the part of the horn that was cut is significantly bigger than it, and the height in which it was lifted also seems to be a little more than the eye too. The timeframe seems to be really brief so I would argue 5 to 7 seconds would be fair (10 seconds would feel a bit much).

This fight is ******* awesome, I must say tho I wanna see some new moves from Kaido cause everyone else is pullin shit while Kaido has just used the classics so far.

Luffy is in G4 so... this fight ending before he loses his form or what? Unless im forgetting he doesn't get was exhausted from G4 as he used to (Listen its been awhile since I last saw G4 and I legit cant remember if he still becomes a husk/gets heavily exhausted).

It seems that Luffy has better stamina with Gear 4th since he has been using it against stuff that I argue didn't need Gear 4th (the ship and the number), so he can likely fight for longer periods of time.

Hmm fair, im assuming tho that he still feels a drain after using it so maybe he can fight but isnt 100%.

It might be like when he fought Katakuri where he might try to temporarily escape so as to regain his haki, or fight on even without Haki (which I don't think he will do, but he might).

Honestly something has to happen in this fight cause as its going rn they are definitely not beating both Yonko and tbh so far all the damage Kaido has taken hes seemingly shrugged off and while he did dodge Enma it shows Enma is dangerous but it also points the the obvious issue of Zoro has to actually hit him and im guessing it’ll take multiple strikes from Enma to legitimately come close to bringing Kaido down.

Last edited:
First off Luffy didn't really show fire resistance as much as he tanked Bolo Breath. Kaido even asks if it is some kind of trick after seeing that Luffy powered through the attack and Luffy replies with "No it's Guts". Furthermore, Big Mom seemed to be genuinely concerned about Zoro's attack hurting Kaido.

Killer's weird attack was quite something to see. I wonder how it works because Kaido seemed to be hurt

Did Kaido dodge ? Because it seemed to me that Zoro simply missed. He's also panting heavily after launching the attack so he's probably not yet used to launching slashes of that level with Enma
He dodged it

"- Small precision (i know people give too much importance now to every words) but the word 外した (外す) means miss, dodge or avoid but the kanji has the same meaning. Kaido avoided it that's why Zoro missed it."

This chapter should be renamed “Supernova bullies Kaido while ignoring Big Mom”

I believe Big Mom’s latest attack shows Homing Attack since her lightning bolts looks to have some soul in them and can move in different directions as when that one lightning change direction to attack Kidd from within his guard

Can we have Zoro vs Killer again? I really want to see them fighting with everything they have, even knowing Zoro would win.

Anyway, after this chapter i really doubt the Yonkou will be defeated by just those 5, Yamato and others helping is the only way i see the Yonkou being defeated in Wano.

The only thing i didn't like is that we got another chapter focusing just in this core while we have around 5 others happening elsewhere that i fear will be concluded off-screen (Franky vs Sasaki mainly).

Back