• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: A-5 (Scabbard level) AP Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently, Scabbard level people scale to baseline 6-A due to being below 1.032 petaton people but still tanking hits from them and hurting them.

However, I think that the gap between A-5 and A-6 people is way too big for such a small gap between 1.032 petatons and 760 petatons, especially since it took 4 Scabbards working together just to do as much damage as Oden did to Dragon Kaido.

However, the Scabbards in Base still hurt Kaido with Buso, so there are 2 possible High 6-B solutions:

1. Scale the Scabbards with Buso to 1/4 of 1.032 petatons due to their combined attack opening Kaido's scar (so each Scabbard level with Buso would be 258 teratons) and backscale the Base Scabbards to Baseline High 6-B (100 teratons)

2. Simply Backscale Base Scabbard lvl people to Baseline High 6-B+, aka 430 teratons.

Thoughts

However, I think that the gap between A-5 and A-6 people is way too big for such a small gap between 1.032 petatons and 760 petatons, especially since it took 4 Scabbards working together just to do as much damage as Oden did to Dragon Kaido.
All this means is Oden scales above the four scabbards' Oden Nitoryu with his own version of the Oden Nitoryu.

A reminder that Base Kaidou's scaling chain is decently above the 1.032 PT calc, which his durability scales above decently which his Zoan durability scales above even greater.

The scabbards shouldn't be treated as four times weaker than Kaidou individually with their combo when that combo drew a lot of blood from both the cut and mouth and temporarily knocked him to the ground which he struggled to stand back up from afterwards. The scabbards all individually damaged Kaidou on their own to a great degree thus they can keep their current scaling to him.

A reminder that Base Kaidou's scaling chain is decently above the 1.032 PT calc, which his durability scales above decently which his Zoan durability scales above even greater.
That's fair.

Honestly feel like his Zoan forms should scale to 4x the average Scabbard's lvl but that's another topic.
The scabbards shouldn't be treated as four times weaker than Kaidou individually with their combo when that combo drew a lot of blood from both the cut and mouth and temporarily knocked him to the ground which he struggled to stand back up from afterwards. The scabbards all individually damaged Kaidou on their own to a great degree thus they can keep their current scaling to him.
They did a lot of MINOR damage to Kaido. And that was mostly piercing damage

That's fair.

Honestly feel like his Zoan forms should scale to 4x the average Scabbard's lvl but that's another topic.
Combo attacks are gone for the verse now so that's never going to happen. Also he wouldn't be eligible as he doesn't scale to that attack, it badly wounded him.
They did a lot of MINOR damage to Kaido. And that was mostly piercing damage
And that's why they're down scaled to 760 TT instead of scaling to the 1.032 PT level

Combo attacks are gone for the verse now so that's never going to happen.
Only for one dude using multiple arms/weapons, not multiple people attacking at once.

That's why Usopp pre-Wano scales to 1/2 of Oars and not to 100% of Oars's power.
Also he wouldn't be eligible as he doesn't scale to that attack, it badly wounded him.
It was no different from what Oden did.

Yeah it scarred him but it didn't bring him down to low health or anything.

Only for one dude using multiple arms/weapons, not multiple people attacking at once.
I might be remembering this wrong, but, combined attacks scaling above a value individually was only accepted for one piece due to that; mainly the pound pheonix numbers being effected in combination attacks and now that it's gone we wouldn't do that anymore.
That's why Usopp pre-Wano scales to 1/2 of Oars and not to 100% of Oars's power.
We can still do that, I've heard that scaling people to half a value from a combo is still allowed on the wiki.
It was no different from what Oden did.

Yeah it scarred him but it didn't bring him down to low health or anything.
And Kaidou's durability doesn't scale to Oden's Nitoryu.

Not sure what you mean by this, if you're referring to it not bringing him close to defeat then that has more to due with Kaidou's endurance and stamina. The attack itself was shown to badly wound him and thus he wouldn't scale to it.

I just feel like if Kaido was fighting 9 people that were each at 73% of his power then his superior power wouldn't have been able to make up for such numbers.

Not to mention we have Scabbard lvl people in base with transformations and abilities that supposedly put them far above their base yet aren't 1 petaton despite the not too large 1.357x gap between 760 teratons and 1.032 petatons

@Eminiteable

He'd need to be A LOT higher than the 1.032 pt calc to make up for fighting 9 people whom IN BASE were over half his power level and had multiple stat amps to boost them.

All of them had Buso Haki, nevermind that Inu and Neko had Sulong forms.

He'd need to be A LOT higher than the 1.032 pt calc to make up for fighting 9 people whom IN BASE were over half his power level and had multiple stat amps to boost them.

All of them had Buso Haki, nevermind that Inu and Neko had Sulong forms.
It doesn't matter, four scabbards in a combo could badly wound him. He doesn't scale above all 9 at once anyways.

You can defeat 9 people without being stronger than them all combined.

It doesn't matter, four scabbards in a combo could badly wound him. He doesn't scale above all 9 at once anyways.

You can defeat 9 people without being stronger than them all combined.
Not saying he needs to be above all of them combined, but he isn't even twice the strength of one scabbard

Why do we have to deal with Eseseso? Seriously, your CRTs have always the worst propositions, I'd appreciate if you quit it altogether.

No, we're not scaling them to 1/4 of Kaidou. That was using their strongest move, which greatly harmed him, meaning Kaidou himself doesn't even scale. This was proposed and rejected in the past. Emin also reflected my thoughts.

ACTUALLY, I've realized that the Scabbards all only hurt Kaido with Buso Haki, so all the Scabbards' AP should only be Baseline 6-A with Buso and thus in Base they should backscale to Baseline High 6-B+ (or 430 teratons).

This would affect:

1. Base Scabbards

2. Jack

But the following people would stay Scabbard level:

1. X Drake

2. Buso Zoro

3. Sulong Inu and Neko

4. King w/o Sword

5. Queen

6. Sanji

Queen drew blood from Base X Drake, who downscales from Base Yamato who is 1 petaton, so Queen is 6-A, and thus Sanji is 6-A for matching him and King is still baseline 6-A without his sword for being above Queen.

Last edited:
Queen drew blood from Base X Drake, who downscales from Base Yamato who is 1 petaton

I still don't see why X Drake should be scaling to Yamato at all.

Their exchange was far too brief and one-sided to safely say that X Drake is comparable at all.

Not to mention that this is Yamato without any sign of Haki when they knocked over X Drake. I'm not comfortable at all in assuming Yamato used a Kaido-level attack here.

I still don't see why X Drake should be scaling to Yamato at all.

Their exchange was far too brief and one-sided to safely say that X Drake is comparable at all.

Not to mention that this is Yamato without any sign of Haki when they knocked over X Drake. I'm not comfortable at all in assuming Yamato used a Kaido-level attack here.
Yamato was pretty angry and determined to get through when she attacked Drake, plus it's not like Drake was fodder so we can't say that Yamato wasn't at full strength due to aiming at fodder.

And he still held out against her attack for a short bit.

Btw the Scabbards still keep their 6-A durability due to tanking hits and being bruised by Kaido.

Actually, considering that they all matched Kanjuro who could damage some of them (when they all have baseline 6-A durability from being bruised by Kaido and tanking through it), they might scale to 6-A baseline even in base if no one disagrees.

Welp the OP for this is now void since the Scabbards scale to someone who can damage their 6-A durability so I guess this CRT is now moot

The Scabbards scale to each other via hurting each other and others who backscale in dura for taking hits from Kaidou

With that in mind, they retain their current scaling position.

Also it seems like you've already conceded on it, so I'll be closing this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back