• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece speed downgrade (revised)

We don't see in the panels if he transformed into hybrid form before or during the dodge, though maybe the anime can clear that up.
the manga shows the dodge/movement while he's in full zoan... Via that we know he transformed beforehand

The anime shows him transforming beforehand also

Second Calc

The issue here is that we don't know what distance laser moved. Because his leg can freely continue to move even if laser crosses Luffy's previous position, so in last panel lasers can easily pass that 3.94 meters distance. 90 degree Luffy movement wouldn't work either sine it'll also increase distance between him and laser.
This wasn't meant to be on the verse page as there was a "rule" to wait for the egghead arc/fights to finish, it currently has finished now tho

We can see Luffy's previous position with the afterimage of luffy's head and the front lasers has yet to hit/go past it, so the feat is still "calcable". You can also lowball it to the length of luffy as the lasers didn't go past his current head position as well

I personally do think the calc has some mistakes tho, so I think it's fine to remove it

First Calc

First issue of original calc is that distance from Queen to Sanji's foot is used. For using this, at the end of the Sanji's movement, Queen's lasers shouldn't be able to cross that distance. However at the end of Sanji's movement Sanji will already in a position that lasers won't be a threat for him. That's why I'll use distance from Queen to Sanji's head/ground.
Panel

Blue line 46.325 px | 26.96542893725992 cm

Yellow line 244.616 px | 142.3891066360879 cm
if I remember correctly chariot said the laser distance should be around his groin area instead

You should also use sanji's official art to scale his measurements

Last edited:
the Calc here uses hybrid zoan marco, even tho it was full zoan Marco who dodged the laser and is of much bigger size

Using the presumably accepted distance above, the result would be 13.078773451x Speed Of Light instead
It kinda falls into what I mentioned in the OP. You should use 22.094443970773 m * pi / 2 = 34.7058714319 m instead. You shouldn't sum his right wing length, left wing length and body length.

IIRC when I checked it wing had inconsistend size comparing to King and his blade but you were saying that we can't measure wing from King' blade due to them being different distance away from POV, am I right? But I'm not sure why you're saying that we can't measure wing from King's blade since it'll be safer and require less steps. If we go with what you said, King's blade measured from wing will be way bigger than it should.

It kinda falls into what I mentioned in the OP. You should use 22.094443970773 m * pi / 2 = 34.7058714319 m instead. You shouldn't sum his right wing length, left wing length and body length.
What you mean? He turns his whole body not just 1 wing like this
1043-008.png

it would be that value if he only rotated 1 wing to the side 90 degrees, he rotated his whole body... So you would account for his full rotation of his body
IIRC when I checked it wing had inconsistend size comparing to King and his blade but you were saying that we can't measure wing from King' blade due to them being different distance away from POV, am I right? But I'm not sure why you're saying that we can't measure wing from King's blade since it'll be safer and require less steps. If we go with what you said, King's blade measured from wing will be way bigger than it should.
latest

The problems would be 1. The pov of king and the sword being behind the wing 2. The wing would've become smaller when slashed as we can see the flame fathers scattering of the wing 3. The size of the wing would be way smaller than Marco's zoan body which we know isn't the case

So it wouldn't be safer at all to use and didn't use that panel based off of those reasons, instead just used the wing size of when he dodges which is the safest option

What you mean? He turns his whole body not just 1 wing like this
I know, that isn't something that I deny.
it would be that value if he only rotated 1 wing to the side 90 degrees, he rotated his whole body... So you would account for his full rotation of his body
No. Why are you summing speeds of different parts of him? I can literally get infinity speed using this logic for everyone.
The problems would be 1. The pov of king and the sword being behind the wing
This isn't a problem exactly because King is a little behind. Distance is negligible, but even if you believe that distance isn't negligible, that'd just mean King and his sword is even bigger than size we'll get (which was already bigger than his/its actual size).

I know, that isn't something that I deny.
So then I don't really understand why you would only account the size of 1 wing rotating
No. Why are you summing speeds of different parts of him?
Because it's shown he rotated them as well

If there were no wing and it was just a human body, would you not measure his chest size (1.07 m for example) and then do 1.07 * 90 * pi/180 = 1.68075206967 m for rotating his body 90 degrees to the side?
I can literally get infinity speed using this logic for everyone.
No you can't? How?
This isn't a problem exactly because King is a little behind. Distance is negligible, but even if you believe that distance isn't negligible, that'd just mean King and his sword is even bigger than size we'll get (which was already bigger than his/its actual size).
I'm saying that it's still inaccurate to scale even if the thing closer to the panels are bigger, using a panel that's clearly not meant for size scaling is the problem as he's behind the thing he slashed. (There's also pov where the wing is further to the left of the panel while king is nearly in the middle which would also mess up scaling as we are viewing it from an angle as we can see the insides of the wing that's slashed)

Last edited:
So then I don't really understand why you would only account the size of 1 wing rotating
Because it's highest speed that Marco's any part have. Don't forget that Marco rotates these parts at the same time.
Because it's shown he rotated them as well
No you can't? How?
Oh, then a rotating stick has infinite speed if I sum speed of all of its infinitesmall parts?
I'm saying that it's still inaccurate to scale even if the thing closer to the panels are bigger, using a panel that's clearly not meant for size scaling is the problem as he's behind the thing he slashed
To answer this I will repeat my argument and it will go like this as the other thread about that calc. We both shared our points about which size scaling is better so let's wait for CGMs' decision.

Because it's highest speed that Marco's any part have
he moved his hole body within the timeframe of the laser, it wouldn't matter if that would be his fastest speed? Wouldn't it be nearly identical still, as he's moving the full length of it nearly simultaneously?
Oh, then a rotating stick has infinite speed if I sum speed of all of its infinitesmall parts?
A stick does not physically move on it's own and goes 1 direction, with a body you have to move and force all your limbs to the side... which would account for your total movements within the timeframe

I think maybe if you explained it well I might understand what you mean but you at times say things that start making no sense to me
To answer this I will repeat my argument and it will go like this as the other thread about that calc. We both shared our points about which size scaling is better so let's wait for CGMs' decision.
Sure

I just replied to address the multiple problems with using that panel and explained to you how it wasn't the safer option

Last edited:
Back