• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fire Dragon King Mode
Mel

Rules
: Speed equalized (for what it's worth). High 7-A version of both.

Locatio: Open field with no trees or wildlife for 10km.

Round 1: Mel can't use full counter.

Round 2: Mel can use full counter

Round 3: Mel can use full counter, and Natsu can use Happy.

Which MC comes out on top?

Bonus Round: Sealed base Meliodas vs ToH Dragonfoce Natsu

Even if speed is equalized, Melodias' main power is strength. He and Ban arm-wrestling destoryed an entire prison that was buffed with magic, whereas Natsu destoryed a mansion with pure strength. Difference is, Melodias wasn't even trying. He was still able to overpower Ban after he stole a large portion of his strength, and Ban should have at least city level strength, plus the power he stole from Melodias. On top of this, Melodias is essentially immortal, both from longevity and his curse, which I don't see Natsu breaking. Even if we aren't counting that, he's has regenration equal to Natsu when consuming flames. He also in his demon form can fly, so even bringing out Happy is pointless. Also, if he has Full Counter, he basically wins. Without magic, Natsu just can't compete. His only real hope is finding flames, but that's not likely, since the only flames Melodias uses are Hell-Flames, which will take longer for Natsu to grow accustomed to. If he gets his Sacred Treasure he can also make copies of himself, and being 3K years old, he's smarter than Natsu, by a lot.

Round 1: Natsu tries his best, but without any flames to absorb, Melodias lands one good hit and Natsu's finished.

Round 2: Natsu launches a magic attack and gets it back in the face. And since he can't eat his own flames, either he's uninjured and it's the same outocome as round 1, or he's knocked out.

Round 3: See Round 2. Happy isn't really helping, since Melodias can fly, and is much smarter than Natsu.

Bonus Round: IIRC Tower of Heaven Dragon Force Natsu destroyed the Tower of Heaven, which is probably comporable to destorying the Dungeon. It would be closer, but DF doesn't last long, whereas Melodias can outlast him with Full Counter and Counter Vanish, let alone Revenge Counter. Natsu runs out of steam and Melodias finishes him off.

I definately agree that full counter will help with this fight, but there are a few of your points that I don't agree with. For starters, the mansion busting feat was base Natsu before a year timeskip. Natsu has grown immensely since then, and has a higher form on top of that. Also, although you are right in saying meliodas has way more battle experience than Natsu bc of age, he is only immortal if his 7 hearts aren't destroyed. Even then, he can still be defeated by conventional means. You also mentioned that Meliodas can fly by using his demon form. In this fight, we're only using base unsealed Meliodas.

As for my opinion on the bout, I think that Natsu would try using ranged fire attacks right off the bat, but he'd quickly learn that full counter makes them useless. Since he's resistant to heat based attacks, he'd just brush it off with little damage (like he did with August's blast) and try to fight close range. At that point, it's up to you to decide who is better at hand to hand. Take note that Meliodas can't counter spells he can't predict with his treasure, so if Natsu lands a fire dragon's fist, it's fair game. It's certainly debatable on who would win that h2h fight tho. Meliodas, as you said, can also make clones, so that would probably help in the fight to some extent.

edit: typos and wording

Just remembered revenge counter. I give round 2 and 3 to mel due to regen and revenge counter.

Round 1 i'm still unsure about though.

Firstly, you said we'd be using the 7-A versions

Rules: Speed equalized (for what it's worth). High 7-A version of both.

So I went with that. If not, then we can give Melodias casual country busting feats, which Natsu isn't topping. Especially considering this is about the same level as Etherion, and that took over an hour to prep. Even eat a single crystal with some of its power activated Dragon Force. That implies to me, that TOH Natsu, which was stated to be the one used in the bonus round, (unless ToH stands for something else, in which case please correct me), is weaker than the Etherion blast.

The best feat from someone around Natsu's level would be the lightning Laxus used against Ajeel: http://images.mangafreak.net/mangas/fairy_tail/fairy_tail_447/fairy_tail_447_14.jpg?v5 which has been scaled to small island level: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Laxus_Dreyar

Assuming he's at that level at the current series, he's still no match for Melodias.

Also Melodias is truly immortal, beyond just his hearts:

§ Immortality Curse: It was revealed that the reason why Meliodas has been able to live for over 3000 years without any physical body change is because of this curse given to him by the Demon King. It allows him to resurrect if he is killed in battle, and practically stops his aging. However every time that he is killed, the Demon King will eat some part of his emotions, making Meliodas more ruthless than before, which will eventually turn him back into the demon that he once was. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Meliodas

But for sake of argument, I'll assume we aren't counting this, and that any form of death is considered a victory. In more recent arcs, Melodias has been able to access his demon powers without breaking free, ever since removing the binding placed on him by Merlin. Merlin stated that all Melodias was left with previously was 1% of his power, but I'll take that as hyperbole: http://nanatsu-no-taizai.wikia.com/wiki/Merli

Suffice it to say, Melodias has also grown stronger, taking on both Derieri and Monspeet, very casually I might add: http://nanatsu-no-taizai.wikia.com/wiki/Meliodas_vs._Derieri_%26_Monspeet

I feel that Natsu would rush in, probably with a Fire Dragon Iron Claw, cause he's a brawler by nature, but regardless, magic isn't helping. While Natsu is resistant to heat, differnet kinds of flames do take time to adjust to, as we saw with Zancrow. Also, with Melodias having a sword, it's not quite hand to hand, since he's got more skill, better range, and it's easier to deal killing blows, even if we assume the two of them have equal strength. Even if his clones are weaker than he is, more targets without magic is gonna slow Natsu down, and I doubt Natsu can survive a revenge counter.

Meliodas' high 7-A version is his unsealed base, and Natsu's is his FDK without Igneel's boost, so I was referring to those. Not sure why you brought up the Etherion weapon or demon Mel's country (?) busting feats. The bonus round was referring to Mel's low 7-B beginning of series state. The best feat for people around FDK Natsu's level is Natsu himself one shotting a spriggan on two occasions, and dueling with Zeref. I thought that was cancelled out by the mel vs monspeet and derieri feat, so I didn't dwell on it too much. Also, the different types of fire doesn't really matter since it's his own fire being repelled back at him, and we knowhow effective that is. Other than that, we're in agreement that meliodas would win due to a superior h2h kit.

Natsu cant keep with Meliodas. Meliodas have betters status and Hax. Regen, hellfire, fly advantage, can make clones, full counter ...

Meliodas wins mid diff

Meliodas for reasons above. He has more options than Natsu, and in rounds 2 and 3 Full Counter makes many of Natsu's attacks lethal to himself.

But Natsu cant eat his own fire and since full counter makes the attack 2 times more powerfull it will be more than Natsu's durability

Oh yeah I forgot about that. He can't eat his own fire but he's still very resistant to it, so I don't think it should be above Natsu's durability in terms of flames (unless there was a time he was hurt by flames - I've only seen a few seasons of the anime). I'd give it to Meliodas either way but that does make it a fair bit harder for him in rounds 2 and 3.

What is the advantage of Natsu using Happy in round 3? I can't see any particularly useful abilities Happy has on his page, and his durability is only town-level.

I guess i'll use round 2 as my official matchup, and the current score is:

Meliodas: 6

Natsu: 0

Oh, okay. Well, a character on Meliodas' level that specializes in energy/elemental attacks only is always in trouble against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back