• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Yeah yeah, complain all you want.

Both are At High 6-C, Dragon Force Natsu is being used.

Victory via death of the opponent

Speed is equal

Battle takes place in Punk Hazzard

Escanor:0

Natsu:0

Draw:0

Natsu can eat all Escanor fire attacks and become stronger. With that Natsu just need to extend the battle in order to have a good AP gap

I honestly expected you to know better Rin.

Regardless, what is Escanor scaling from? Is it the 43 gigatons and how does Sunshine scale to it?

Demon Takumo 31 said:
Natsu can eat all Escanor fire attacks and become stronger. With that Natsu just need to extend the battle in order to have a good AP gap
He extends it and Escanor becomes stronger

Escanor's "fire" isn't actually fire. It's more comparable to literal Sunshine, and is much stronger than Hellblaze that burned down a forest immune to fire.

Also Escanor nearly one-shotted Estarossa who is physically stronger than Zeldris who effortlessly cut off Unsealed Demon Mark Meliodas' arm. (43 gigatons) Escanor likely AP stomps

Sunshine is still fire, the whole immune to fire forrest is not a great argument, since Natsu has fire that can evaporate sand and magic, and Natsu has eaten OP fire before, so Natsu could totally eat it, and he could keep eating Escanor's attacks and match his power... until Escanor realizes he has an Axe and One-Shots Natsu, this isn't gonna turn out good for Natsu at all, at best Natsu could eat Cruel Sun get a power boost and defeat Escanor before he gets any stronger, but that's very unlikely, all it takes is for Escanor to use Rhitta before Natsu matches his strength and GG

So Escanor takes it Little to Mid Difficulty

Natsu's fire didn't vaporize the sand, gotta remember that it's imbued with lightning which actually is able to vaporize sand in real life, Laxus does it as well. So it's more of a feat for his lightning rather than the temperature of his fire. Aside from that I'd agree that the whole fire immune forest isn't a good argument since it's a bit of an NLF to assume that it's that much hotter than normal fire, if the fire that couldn't burn the forest lacks any impressive feats then it shouldn't be assumed to be outright immune to fire especially whenever many characters in fiction can produce normal fire that reaches stupid temperatures like vaporizing steel, melting stone and iron, getting hotter than the sun, etc.

Vote counted but I'll see if it's a stomp or not.

The point I'm trying to make is that Escanor can also radiate heat in the form of... well thermal radiation. Not just his magical fire

Natsu's fire did vaporize the sand, he wasn't using lightning when he did that, Natsu's fire on its own vaporized Sand, don't downplay his heat that defies logic, he still can't win against Escanor tho, at least with their 6-C keys, might be better to do their High 6-C forms, make it less of a stomp

Again, fire and heat are very different so Natsu isn't eating any Sunshine. Any fire caused by it? Sure, if there's anything around that'll catch on fire instead of merely melting away. Sunshine itself? No, just no.

There's still the AP difference, that's gonna keep growing.

@Demon

Not downplaying anything. Read the Manga, Natsu used Lightning.
0259-006
0259-007
lightning is able to vaporize sand, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to put it together.

@Rin The Dragon Empress

Chapter 446, Natsu vaporizes Ajeel's Sand with just his fire, so yeah Natsu's Fire says "F*ck You" to science

@Rin

Lightning only vaporizes a small amount of sand around the bolt and not even a cm away from the bolt at max. Unlike Laxus, Natsu is shooting a huge mass of lightning.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
@Rin The Dragon Empress

Chapter 446, Natsu vaporizes Ajeel's Sand with just his fire, so yeah Natsu's Fire says "F*ck You" to science

I actually forgot about that feat, my bad. Always thought that his sand feat came from Max, although in the same token Natsu did that while his freinds were in danger and we know that his flames increase in temperature depending on his emotions so I don't think his default temperatures are that high.

But Natsu did that very casually, and he is always using emotion boosts, I mean in order to use magic you need strong emotions, so the idea that his fire isn't normally that hot because he was emotional is not a strong reasoning, his fire is that hot, he can do something impossible, it's not that hard to grasp, I mean, this is anime, saying he can't do it normally because during the time he did do it he was emotional is silly, because fun fact, Natsu is always emotional, once again tho, I don't think this a very fair match, any of their High 6-C versions would be better

Think of it like this, Natsu's flames are as hot as natural lightning. This means Natsu's flames are five time hotter than the suns surface temp.

Since both are changed to high 6-C now so

Escanor feat is come from this calc which give 221gt feat while natsu feat some from this which is 500GT, also
20190127 141310 rmedited
Also escanor cruel sun and other attack shown to work like flame, the didn't anything spl abilities other than burning something. With ap and powerup advantage and high resistance to flame, natsu pretty much take it

Beast Zero Gudako said:
Just wanna put this here, Natsu's fire resistance is potent enough to tank a fire-based attack from a High 6-C guy while being a 6-C.

I don't think Escanor's fire/heat would even affect Natsu in the slightest.
Since when does Fire Manipulation have a tier?

Fire doesn't have a tier. That's the entire reason we even give people resistance to Fire or Ice to begin with.

You could be 6C and still suffocate from Fire if you were to stand in it.

What truely determines how powerful Fire is, is how hot the fire actually is and what feats it's demonstrated.

Schnee would be correct in that regard. Fire doesn't have a tier, the temperature of said fire is what matters. AP for fire is pretty much useless, for example a 7-A can produce fire that's around 1000 million degrees and resistance to said heat vs a High 6-C with a heat attack that lacks any proper heat feats. Not to mention that Natsu as a 6-C taking a High 6-C attack is essentially an outlier regardless.

Because Fire doesn't have a tier.

Does Soul Hax have a tier now? Or Mindhax?

Burning your victim depends on how strong the Fire Actually is.

So aside from the character actually being High 6C, which shouldn't affect it, how strong is the Fire?

Except fire manipulation mostly isn't a hax ability, with few exception, Fire manip tied down to the AP of the users. So, comparing it to hax like soul or mindhax is bizarre.

But I'll bite and just show you this:
IMG 20190127 202018
From the look of it, it seems the spells can vaporizes stones.

Hax ability maybe not, but it's certainly not strength based if it's literally burning or carbonizing which has nothing to do with strength, otherwise, by your logic, fire can't burn steel because it's not physically strong enough

<Vaporozing stones

I'm sorry isn't Escanor the guy who can melt steel by standing?

3,090 degrees F is for vaporizing stone. So yeah, not impressive compared to Natsu's other feats. Wouldn't even say it's vaporized considering that there's still massive pieces of stone within the pillar

Back