• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Anime, remember, logic doesn't really apply here, I think all this means is that neither side is outheating the other

Why is anime logic being considered yet we just said Natsu's Fire is comparable to real lightning?

Nothing really supports his fire being that hot, it's certainly not fix times hotter than the sun. Although I agree that heat is a non factor in this fight.

Anime Logic is that his Fire can Vaporize Sand, which is likely impossible in reality, also I'm not 100% agreeing with the Fire = Lightning thing

Mitch makes sense. It's the type of BS anime stuff that happens with fire users in anime, like Akainu vaporizing a steel sword which isn't quantifiable like in this case.

Mangaka really need to learn to give us straight up temperatures instead of feats that aren't possible to gage.

"Its NLF to resist fire that's weaker then what you resisted?

Excuse me what?"

It's the same way people can tank lava by being a certain tier or higher. It has nothing to do with the temperature of the fire. If it can burn a 4-B, then that means it's 4-B fire.

@Mitch @Rin

Didn't we already have this conversation on another FT thread? Sand getting vaporized by lightning happens during the formation of fulgurite, vaporizing sand in the small area around the bolt due to its temperature. Natsu does the same against Ajeel's sand so it would scale to the average temp of lightning, which is x5 the sun's surface temp.

The ^cruel sun is a flame based attack, and thermal radiation is heat, writing thermal radiation instead of heat not going to help esxanor anyways

I'm gonna go with Natsu here, Cruel Sun and Escanor's other projectiles would only make Natsu Stronger here, and so it would come down to skill, and while Escanor is no pushover, he mostly relies on overpowering his opponent and less on skill, so Natsu who is stronger in this case and has been showed to be a skilled tactician and martial artist, so yeah Natsu takes it

Cruel Sun is pretty much a mini Sun. You don't see any flames when you see it smack Estarossa off, you don't see literally *any* flames when he makes it blow up into an explosion of heat that vaporizes the lake. The only times you see any flames is the Vampire King getting burnt up, and by the end he's less on fire and more straight up carbonizing.

Prominence? Actual fire and fire explosions. Anything that catches up on fire from his mere presence, if it doesn't melt instead? Also fire. Anything else? No unless you can actually prove otherwise.

In Tartaros Arc, Natsu eat a explosion, in this case you can´t see any flames or fire just the shine of the explosion, so that confirms that Natsu can eat Escanor`s Cruel Sun?

You can see a tangible something wrapping around Natsu as he eats the explosion, and I doubt pure heat looks like that. Not to mention they are actual explosions, not a ball of pure heat letting it's energy loose.

True, but an explosion of pure heat from a mini sun and an explosion that seems to include Fire is very differtent, when we are discussing the dude that eats fire.

Explosion is just for ease of understanding, expanding sounds weird personally even if it's more correct.

Plus, is a big mini sun made of magic. It pushed Estarossa all the way to the lake so it's also tangible and solid.

This sounds like a roundabout justification to say why Natsu can't eat Cruel Sun, even though it's a ball of Fire and it explodes, which Natsu can eat, he also negated Heat Magic before so yeah, Natsu still takes this

It's a roundabout justification to say comparing Fire Magic and moves like Cruel Sun, which isn't fire at all, it's weird at best? Like literally at what point has Escanor shown fire besides Prominence and things catching on fire due to his heat? If they don't melt instead.

@Dragon I don't think it matters, the most he'd do on the ice side is melt all the snow and on the fire side there's all the fire Natsu may want from the get go.

And this still doesn't change his growing AP until he reaches The One.

DragonEmperor23 said:
@Rin

Where in Punk Hazard are they? Escanor might set the surroundings on fire and make a meal for Natsu.

It takes place starting on the ice side, but keep in mind there's essentially an endless amount of fire on the island due to Akainu, even the water is on fire.

Anyway I've been out, what the current vote count?

Judge, Aubin, and Takumo are voting for Natsu I think

It's Escanor > Tarmiel = 221 gigatons vs Natsu > Irene = 500 Gigatons

Unless The One is restricted, this is a stomp for Escanor. Natsu's not beating someone a little over 2X weaker than him in less than a minute.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Where does Gildarts being stronger than Irene come from?

Yeah I'm wondering that myself, Gildarts shouldn't be stronger than Irene. He fought August yes but August hardly took any damage and Gildarts was pretty much losing that fight.

Not at all. He loses his powers near/at night. After his peak of power, he just comes back to High 6-C and does the same thing he does from Morning to Noon, but backwards.

Back