• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Natsu Dragneel vs. Charizard (This Time, They're Really On Fire!) (Voting Completed)

If Natsu was a Pokemon, he would be a Mega Charizard X, matching Types and Personality, anyways, I don't really wanna do this again, but.... Inconclusive, Natsu's Dragon Slayer Magic makes him Neg Charizards Durability and he can eat charizards flame Mustache and Tail, plus his fire attacks, but Charizards likely higher AP and Blaze would also give him a solid edge, this is easily too close and they're basically the same in most stats

I could hop on the band wagon with inconclusive fra. They're just so similar and it's hard to tell how the battle is going to go, in my opinion.

Charizard vía vast higher AP and Resistance to Natsu's tricks (Dragon Type grants Resistance to Electricity as well). He also has true flight and some stats amps via Egg Moves.

Natsu's fire is gonna be hella resisted by the double typo but that gets partially countered by Natsu's DSM so his attacks are gonna be neutral if not less effective.

Blame revisions that make this possible again. Base Charizard would be fairer when it comes to AP but Natsu loses the Dura Negation advantage and gains the boost advantage given that Charizard spams fire. This one will rely on CQC capitalizing his boost and rekt Natsu with Dragon Claw.

Since this Dragon Force Natsu, he doesn't use lightning at all. Base honestly would be fairer but meh, thats not the match up

If he doesn't get instantly fodderized with the AP difference. One good strike and Natsu should be done for.

Ima just vote for natsu because He'd just eat charizards flames and has dragon slayer magic which is designed to kill dragons in his own universe he also is decently powerful in terms of hand to hand combat and charizard can take fire damage as shown by pokemon

I mean, Charizard is literally 4X resistant to Fire thanks to being a Fire/Dragon with his Mega-Form, and he'd mostly focus on using Physical Attacks such as Dragon Claw, thanks to Tough Claw, but okay.

Change my vote to charizard because I doubt Charisse's is gonna let, y'know, a life source so close to Natsu, especially if he knows Natsu just eats fire

Also, Natsu ignore durability against dragons so his fire and lightning should be more effective, and when he encounter atlash flame 1st he straight up goes and starts eating him, why he is not going to do same with Charizard as soon as he sees his tail with flame

Right, so even more of an AP stomp.

Pupitar did that and it's fodder compared to Tyranitar who Charizard is comparable to and Mega Charizard makes Charizard fodder.

^

Honestly, forget Mega Charizard being a stomp, normal Charizard is probably an AP stomp too. He shouldn't even be 7-A, that's the same thing as saying Tyranitar is less than twice as strong as Pupitar. Not to mention, Pupitar performed the 531 megatons feat just by thrashing around.

Starter Pack said:
I mean, Charizard is literally 4X resistant to Fire thanks to being a Fire/Dragon with his Mega-Form, and he'd mostly focus on using Physical Attacks such as Dragon Claw, thanks to Tough Claw, but okay.
I just said Charizard could still take damage I never stated how much or how little he would take

DragonEmperor23 said:
Honestly, forget Mega Charizard being a stomp, normal Charizard is probably an AP stomp too. He shouldn't even be 7-A, that's the same thing as saying Tyranitar is less than twice as strong as Pupitar.
^

Excuse me...I am staying out of FT fights and I particularly despise FT vs Pokemon in the first place.

But um......Mega Chariard X does not have Blaze. He has never had Blaze. And even then, Blaze only powers up Fire Moves.

btw what is the Win/Con for Natsu here?

More of this...?

Except it's been stated multiple times that if Natsu eats Charizard's tail flame, it'll die. So, even if there's a huge AP advantage on Charizard's side, that's still a win condition, which means it's at least decisive.

Also, if Charizard does a Fire attack first, Natsu will eat that, too. So you can't just say Charizard can one-shot no matter what.

There's also this:

Resistance to Fire Manipulation (Through his Dragon Slaying Magic, Natsu is almost completely unharmed by virtually any naturally occurring form of fire and most displays of magical fire)

So, even if it's a bit higher than him, he'll still have a good resistance to it.

Normally, yes

With Charizard and AP being blatantly tied to it? No

Pokémon is the exception not the rule

Charizard in X form has intense resistance to fire. I see nothing Natsu has that can really do anything to Charizard. Charizard on the other hand has plenty of moves that can easily harm Natsu, thanks to Tough Claws, such as: Dragon Claw, Blast Burn, and Flare Blitz.

DragonEmperor23 said:
DragonEmperor23 said:
Honestly, forget Mega Charizard being a stomp, normal Charizard is probably an AP stomp too. He shouldn't even be 7-A, that's the same thing as saying Tyranitar is less than twice as strong as Pupitar.
^
Just reposting in case anyone didn't read the thread before commenting.

Back