• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Natsu Dragneel vs. Charizard (This Time, They're Really On Fire!) (Voting Completed)

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
Question. When you think Fairy Tail, and then think of fire, who's the first character to come to mind? The obvious answer to that is Natsu Dragneel, resident member of the guild Fairy Tail and general protagonist. Now, if I was to ask you the same question, but this time with Pokemon instead, who else would you think of but one of the most powerful and popular Fire-types in the entire franchise, Charizard. And now that Pokemon has officially been downgraded, now may be the best chance to figure out how these two pan out in terms of power, before another sudden revision thread is released and changes the formula once more. So, which of these draconic fire-breathers will walk away the victor? Today, we find out!

In the blue corner, we have Charizard from the Pokemon franchise, and in the red corner, we have Natsu Dragneel from Fairy Tail.

Charizard11
NatsuDragonForceRender
-This is a battle to the death or incapacitation. No holds barred.
-Neither character are aware of each other beforehand, and there is no prep time.

-Neither character are allowed any outside help.

-This fight takes place in the anime version of the Cinnabar Island Gym, giving Charizard a fairly decent home-field advantage.

-This will be Base Charizard fighting X791 Dragon Force Natsu.

-Speed is equalized.

With all this being said, let the debate begin!

Dragon Fire: 0

Anti-Dragon Fire: 7 (DragonEmperor23, DemonGodMitchAubin, HenryWong122, AnonymousBlank, Schnee One, Beast Zero Gudako, TriforcePower1)

Inconclusive: 0

Dis gon be good.

I'll wait for arguments, if none come I'll make some myself.

This version of Charizard likes to use physical attacks due to Tough Claws, so Natsu won't be getting too many free boosts. But currently that's all I can say.

The real cal howard said:
This version of Charizard likes to use physical attacks due to Tough Claws, so Natsu won't be getting too many free boosts. But currently that's all I can say.
Charizard also has Blaze, which in case he was almost defeated by Natsu, Charizard would make it much stronger

I thought Charizard's Ability changed to Tough Claws upon Mega-Evolution?

So...are we gonna do that thing where we say Charizard resists Fire? I have no clue how we handle pokemon here, but y'know.

Either way once he realizes that Natsu isn't getting hurt much by the fire Charizard would likely move to a different type, like actual dragon or just physical attacks. That's what I'm gonna say right now, but I dunno what Natsu would do to counter that.

Got a question. Is dragon Rage fire or or energy? Also, seriously this Natsu spam is annoying. He has more matches than almost his entire verse combined. And if it's a question of theme, there are SIX (eight if you count Irene and Acnologia) other dragon slayers.

Can someone please use Rogue or smth? Natsu is boring and we got guys like Gajeel and Erik as well.

So Natsu gets his flames resisted but he has dura neg for dragons. Charizard should still have the AP since he is the Mega version for whatever reason. His ranged game doesn't matter since Natsu will eat most of it. Cqc shouldn't be too bad for Natsu since timing a counter won't be too hard, though the hth amp for Charizard won't be fun. Gona need more info on what Charizard does before I vote.

What do you mean what he does? Charizard is normally pretty aggressive. Ain't gonna think it's way out of any situation. If fire doesn't work it'll just go in for the kill with its claws. I'd say teeth but I don't think it has biting moves.

@Anonymous

what are you talking about Natsu and Erza are the only characters in Fairytale

Dargoo Faust said:
@Anonymous
Seeing that made me want to find out exactly how many other characters there are and there's like 130 other characters on the verse page and this just makes it feel worse

AnonymousBlank said:
Can someone please use Rogue or smth? Natsu is boring and we got guys like Gajeel and Erik as well.
To be fair, I was gonna do Gajeel Redfox vs. Kommo-o first until I found that the FT character was still way above him in AP.

Dargoo Faust said:
@Anonymous
What pisses me off about this is that you misspelt Fairy Tail. Dammit man, the rage you have just caused.

AnonymousBlank said:
Dargoo Faust said:
@Anonymous
What pisses me off about this is that you misspelt Fairy Tail. Dammit man, the rage you have just caused.
Intentional misspells are hilarious. owo

Just delete half the verse already, no one has the creativity to use someone that isn't the main cast

Ya know, instead of mocking me for deciding to choose Natsu, which I went into detail in the OP that I knew how overused he was, maybe everyone can just actually participate in the debate?

People are allowed to be at least the tiny bit aggervated by the lack of creativity.

The only person that "Mocked" you was me if you took my wording that seriously, I apologize if you got offended but people are allowed to be aggervated at the lack of creativity that is matches.

But fine, here's a debate

Charizard for all the reasons stated on all the previous threads, as he already won against a stronger version of Natsu, twice, before getting downgraded

I apologize as well for any misunderstandings. I was just feeling a bit sensitive since the only thing everyone basically has done on here was talk about how uncreative it was, which again, I was aware of.

Also, can you repost those reasonings, then? I'm sure a lot of people will be too lazy to go back and look at the previous threads, so having them here would be nice.

It's Natsu > Mard E > Mard > 578 megatons

Mega Charizard >>>>>Charizard >>>> 326 megatons

I don't know who has the AP advantage here.

Ignoring the Dragon Slayer buff, Mega Charizard is so much stronger than Charizard that they can't even be compared and Charizard is so much stronger than 326 megatons that it would do absolutely nothing to him. I think this is an AP stomp.

The real cal howard said:
Boi you keep forgetting that Pupitar's feat is 531 megatons lol.
Right, so even more of an AP stomp.

Pupitar did that and it's fodder compared to Tyranitar who Charizard is comparable to and Mega Charizard makes Charizard fodder.

Starter Pack said:
I apologize as well for any misunderstandings. I was just feeling a bit sensitive since the only thing everyone basically has done on here was talk about how uncreative it was, which again, I was aware of
If you're feeling sensitive, take a break from the site.

Being on a debate where people get angry on a thread all the time and drop condescension everywhere is a bad idea.

I also got off of a bad Smash sesh, so...ye.

Still, my temper is fine. It was just a little tweak of annoyance. I'm fine now, especially since people are finally focusing on the debate.

I don't think people are focusing on the debate so much as they're saying this is probably an AP stomp

DragonEmperor23 said:
Would Natsu eating the flame on the tip of Charizard's tail instantly kill Charizard?
Last time i was said same thing and everyone ignore and charizard winsƒÿæ

Back