• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
IMG_5269.jpg

This particular scene in TsukiRE made me think of two (main) things - Anima Animusphere's incantation and AoM texture. (Though it also reminded me of Gilgamesh's Ea

Don't know exactly what Nasu means by all this, but it seems clear there's a "battle" between a dualistic and tripartite worldview, in a way. The very heavens that were ablaze in the first image were derived from the manifestation of Arcueid's Soul, the "World Egg", which resides in Avalon/Inner Sea. This is actually recognized even by Kirschtaria, in a way? His chant is changed to "Within empty space, was/resided the star(s)" when he used the spell against Beast VII - and this "empty space" is the interior of "Celestial Body". But the LB view is that "Earth", "Sky" and "Heaven" are the three parts with different "qualities" as far as ME goes... So, overall, a huge confusion, while at the same time, this "confussion" is somehow included in the very understanding of the people in the story? IDK

FSF Book 8, Prelude
Heaven and earth once were one.
The land where mankind took root was a mirror image of the celestial sphere.
They formed a Trinity, although not the one that the term is normally interpreted as.
In the ancient times, all was connected as one, and was expressed as merged parts of the gods.

The king, his nation, mankind, the era—parted ways with the gods.

After an epic journey and battle to create heaven and earth separately, the Age of Man was ultimately formulated.
Alternatively, some tell that the gods parted ways with humanity by their own hands because they understood that this was the form the world would take no matter how they tried to resist it. Only the Hero King who accomplished it all knows the truth of it.
The king with all-seeing eyes ascertained his fate since infancy.

The pure-hearted boy king used his all-seeing eyes to watch the state of the world and its people, the king turned into an arrogant hero trampled all there was through fear and accomplishments, and the king returned as the Wise King offered his soul and wisdom to accompany the citizens in their personal journeys.

Possibly not. I'm assuming it's datamined since she's only playable as a Support right now.

Though, it is only a Skill animation, so it could just look weird because it's slowed down without any effects (Aoko's bunny suit Skill animation I linked earlier does something pretty similar to this one).
iirc, there are already videos of the Bunny Aoko with the full animation, and it didn't look so odd, so I don't know... You're probably right tho

I forgot to post the first Alice video, but now we have a look at one of her other Ascensions and Wandersnatch! Trust me, if you thought Wandersnatch was creepy in Witch on the Holy Night, you haven't seen anything yet.

So there's only one more ascension we haven't seen, right?

That and her Final Ascension.

Also, maybe it's just an ephemeral dream, but do you think there is any chance we get a bunny costume for Aoko/A penguin costume for Alice at the end of the event?

I have no idea. I would love that, but since they already have them as Skill Animations, I doubt it.

But who knows? They seem to be going above and beyond for these characters (rightfully so), so it's probably still possible. If not now, maybe in the future.

I have no definite proof because I cant read Japanese and don’t have the scans but according to what i saw translated.

The Shining Star Ploy is basically The Holy Grail for the First Magic which is a self governing automated system that is designed to pass on the means to bring back the First Magic just like how The Holy Grail was a pseudo trap to create another Third Magic user.

But similar to how the Holy Grail malfunctioned because of the Einzbern summoning Avenger(Angra Mainyuu) it malfunctioned with its wish granting abilities during the fight between Aoko and Touko in which Aoko cheats Sooujuro’s death with the Fifth. From what it seems, Alice also wished to save Sooujuro so much that the ploy activated, but with Aoko changing the events it went haywire in 1999 almost bringing the Apocalypse and also killing Aoko which is what we see at the beginning of the event.

But as the Magician cheat she is, Aoko comes back and then sends the Ploy to 2001 to make sure it weakens enough to be destroyed and not cause the Apocalypse. But while Haywire, the ploy manipulates Wandersnatch and Alice in order making her 3rd Ascension which creates the possible bad end situation if we lose to her in the battle as nobody is capable of stopping the Shining Star and the Apocalypse is begun again.

Note, like I said earlier. It was a random translation i read off Twitter. For all I know, I could be dead wrong, but if it is correct or at least somewhat correct then Mahoyo 2 might be heavily implied to be on the way and also might involve some first magic shenanigans. But take it with a grain of salt.

Back