• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse Discussion Board 25

Embracetophats said:
"By all means I am almost tempted to tell you to Fork Off John, because I don't know what in the hell you are doing linking a message that is pretty directly insulting us for no ******* reason"

Le salt...

I am sure it is just my attitude and not your, hmmm...regular reaction to anything?
John has made a regular habit of managing to get under my skin easily, especially when he acts nonsensically.

Though it got worse when he just suddenly showed pics of him bad mouthing other vs debating sites in our name, which is a big no no here. Like, possibly ban worthy no no.

Well, i think i will remake a revision request for Kingprotea too. Found something that actually can upgrade her with quite valid reason but we will see about it later.

I just realized... why do we still assume the normal, main key for Gilgamesh is under the effects of the mud and is in his worst mood? We already have FGO, Extra and Strange Fake where Gilgamesh is both more mild mannered and not affected by the mud.

I mostly bring this up because Gilgamesh in his worst and his best moods is very different. Its the difference between him just not caring and shugging a youth potion to do whatever he liked and deciding to actually help his master and even endeavoring to protect her in Strange Fake, or using stuff like his Auto Protectors. Gil's worst mood that we see in Zero and Stay Night ain't even the most common way that we see him.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I just realized... why do we still assume the normal, main key for Gilgamesh is under the effects of the mud and is in his worst mood? We already have FGO, Extra and Strange Fake where Gilgamesh is both more mild mannered and not affected by the mud.

I mostly bring this up because Gilgamesh in his worst and his best moods is very different. Its the difference between him just not caring and shugging a youth potion to do whatever he liked and deciding to actually help his master and even endeavoring to protect her in Strange Fake, or using stuff like his Auto Protectors. Gil's worst mood that we see in Zero and Stay Night ain't even the most common way that we see him.
We do have two different keys for him, one in his armor and another in his "casual wear" which is the way he's most seen in Stay Night

Not necessarily weakest, I am just trying to say his whole attitude changes a lot.

Alcides even notices Gilgamesh barely, if at all, reacts to his taunts unlike what would happen to normal Gil if he was in the kind of bad mood he had in Stay Night.

Or, again, actually endeavoring to put in more effort trying to protect his master.

Hakuno and his loli from Strange Fake are rare exceptions. Zero would be the most accurate depiction of his mood in a normal Holy Grail war unless a certain mud boy gets summoned.

Umm, is FGO absolute demonic front Babylonia considered canon? In ep 0 Mashu dodges a bunch of what seem to be lasers, that move straight and reflect in her eyes. Now, im really not knowledgable on the Nasuverse, ive only watched some anime, so please let me know if im wrong.

Nothing suggests the lasers are lightspeed, or any speed for that matter. For all we know, it was at the speed of Usain Bolt running to bed after a 3-day marathon.

Ozy the God-King said:
So in fragments how does Potnia Theron(Manaka) corrupt the servants without using the grail mud?
Unless something got revealed that i didnt know yet, they arent corrupted. They just worship her as their messiah figure

Gemmysaur said:
Nothing suggests the lasers are lightspeed, or any speed for that matter. For all we know, it was at the speed of Usain Bolt running to bed after a 3-day marathon.
Lasers are lightspeed by default, especially when they come from technological sources like wall mounted canons.

But there are plenty of more canon light dodging feats anyway

i am sorry to rain on everyones parade.... but even if they were lasers, and its all legit..... the feat would likely be.. a major outlier... unless some sort of skill like broken precog, or instinct was involved.. which is probably unlikely.. but idk...

Embracetophats said:
Lasers are lightspeed by default, especially when they come from technological sources like wall mounted canons.
Most lasers in fiction are not real or provable as real. Often they are supernatural in nature and do not function anywhere close to how real light should. Therefore, lasers/light beams are only accepted as real if they meet, at a minimum, a few of these criteria:

• The beam refracts in a new material, such as a liquid or...
  • The beam reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror
  • The beam is called lightspeed by reliable sources
  • It is stated to be made of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source
  • It has its origin at a realistic source of light, such as a camera
Furthermore, there are a few criteria which show a beam is NOT real light:

• It is shown at different speeds in the same material
  • It is tangible and can be interacted with physically by normal humans
  • They do not travel in straight lines (unless you can prove refraction/reflection, see above)
Laser Light Beam Dodging Feats

Easy confirmation why that wasn't a FTL feat is the fact that Mash is alive. Moving at that kind of speed is signing a death wish in the physical world of the Nasuverse unless you've got some Godly Saint Graph.

• The laser light would either be barely visible, if at all, or light up the place, given how dark the summoning room is.
  • Lasers have ridiculously tiny amount of pushing force for its penetrative power. So much so that it's entirely negligible.
  • Laser speed >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> sound speed and yet we see and hear it at the same time.
  • The laser refracts selectively, firstly as it just slams into the shield like a water jet, and then Mashu turns her shield and suddenly, it's sent off into a wall like a ricocheting bullet.
B-but, it's fiction! They don't have to be completely realistic!!

Then why would we believe that the lasers are realistic speedwise?

John just sent me the mat in my wall and here is what I got from them.

Tomoe Gozen: Existence Erasure (Her second Noble Phantasm is stated to be an arrow of death that allows vaporization, evaporation and erasure)

Hozoin: Analytical Predictio (Capable of analyzing fighting spirit, bloodlust and intent of the opponent then making an attack that always hit first), Resistance to Precognition (No matter how much he uses the same attack, the chances of confirmed hit will be the same, making his attacks impossible to see it coming) and Analytical Predictio (His Noble Phantasm will be effective even when the opponent has skill like Instinct)

Danzou: Preparation (Capable of chipping away opponent's fighting prowess with prep), Inorganic Physiology (Type 1) and Damage Transferal (With her Noble Phantasm, when she cuts something, it will make an opponent's head to be decapitated as well)

Mecha Elizabeth: Damage Boost (Capable of boosting Noble Phantasm with sacrifice of her health), Self-Destruction (Elizabeth said that she can self-destruct), Forcefield Creation (Capable of creating fields with Final Eli-Chan), Heat Manipulation (Her tail is stated to have extreme heat), Fusionism and Weapon Creation (By fusing hundreds of mini Eli-Chans, she can create a giant spear) and Spatial Manipulation (With her Noble Phantasm, stated that she can compress space with a range of a part of Tokyo Dome without even having the support of the castle)

Mecha Elizabeth II: Same with Mecha Elizabeth.

Ereshkigal: Darkness Manipulation (She can turn anything to something very dark), Statistics Amplification (Can buff herself and allies), Self-Power Modification (Capable of changing the properties of her own Noble Phantasm), Earth Manipulation (Capable of causing earth impact and recreate Ebiph Mountain with her Noble Phantasm), Size Manipulation (Can grow on size comparable to the mountains with her Noble Phantasm) and Magma Manipulation (Capable of causing magma to spew from the ground with her Noble Phantasm)

Semiramis: Animal Manipulation (Capable of manipulating birds), Resistance Negation (Capable of causing debuff that brings down resistance to anyone with a myth that contains the opponent's instance to overcome poisons), Power Bestowal (Any beasts she summons has access to Sikera Ušum) and Damage Boost (Her poisons has boosted effects on those who died with poisons before)

@John Don't hoping much for Dahut seeing how hated Dahut is by Japanese fandom that the developer didn't want to releasing it, the rest i agree

@Gin

> EE for Tomoe

Oh god her match-up gonna be painful now lel

Face it, i also really like that skin but i know it will never released

Also looks like Semi has a decent chance to defeat Luffy in her last rematch

Yeah that resistance negataion, and also in the FSF, it said that Hydra poison can damage the saint graph that it killed gilgamesh in one hit, so cant wait for the translation to reach that point.

Shouldn't almost any Servant have Acrobatics?

• They can just at incredible highs with ease
  • They do somersaults (even Darius III in the videogames, lol)
  • Mash Dodging a crapton of laser beams kind of further justifies that.

Back