• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Are there any reasons Minato don’t have FTL reaction speed due to the recent upgrades?
The upgrade is chaotic af rn.
8 gates Guy and 1r Madara for some reason scale only to half of the new FTL value because Madara is "close to Hagoromo", but a fatigued base Sasuke somehow scales above the value so much he upscales to FTL+ despite being considered "pitiful" and "pathetic" compared to his full WA strength.

Overall the in-universe scaling is all over the place.

“Significantly Weakened Naruto”

Yet can swap hands with BEYOND Six Paths Characters and Kill them with his own Ninjutsu…

If losing Kurama is a Significant nerf, that means Naruto and Sasuke truly leaped beyond Kaguya SIGNIFICANTLY.

Also, this is the 2nd “Exponentially” statement in the series… are we still maintaining that verbiage is “Hyperbole”… 😕
Stamina..

Kurama's chakra increases length of time fighting.

Are there any reasons Minato don’t have FTL reaction speed due to the recent upgrades?
when he still had one hand, he simultaneously attacked with gaara and kakashi but was still somehow unable to react to madara so he definitely does not fully scale. probably just timed it well since the balls came from a bit far away. Yes i know it would be virtually impossible for a sub rel character to do that but the sub rel is just coz the verse needs a speed revision

All Test did was update the people that currently are FTL and the ones that upscale to FTL+

None of the characters that weren’t previously FTL have been changed yet.

Plans on adjusting speed are in the future but we’re taking things one step at a time since there’s a lot to fix.

For those complaining about current speed scaling and not helping, stop complaining and wait.

Also making stat bump CRTs on one or two characters doesn’t help untangle the mess for the overall verse as a whole or make it any quicker.

Not to mention the people making 15 God tiers CRTs a week

ケタ違い
This is the Kanji that relates to “several orders of magnitude”
ケタ違い (Keta chigai) is a Japanese expression that translates to:

• "Orders of magnitude"
  • "Exponentially different"
  • "On a different scale"
  • "Completely different level"
  • "Vastly different"
How is orders the same as several orders? Also that statement would technically only apply to AP despite me personally being a proponent of strength and speed being proportional
Also, Isn’t the novel translation official?
Yes, but official translations aren't perfect. There are a multitude of cases where the raws are used instead of the VIZ translation

Uh...heh heh, on the subject of FTL+ Naruto...
ドラッグにより強化された術は、一度目に見たときに比べ、速さも破壊力も数段増しているのがわかった。
She could tell that the technique, enhanced by the drug, had become much faster and more destructive compared to when she first saw it.
AhRBZwSkSQ8.jpg
main-qimg-f182fdd5218f7dd4c2e61e6c049a91bd

And uh, even the initial orders of magnitude statement seems to actually just mean one
「―あまり洗練された姿とは言えんが、ケタ違いに強くなったことだけはわかるだろう?」
―I can't say it's a very refined form, but you can tell it has become of a different order of magnitude in strength, right? (I needed to mention the order of magnitude definition to even get this translation, automatically Chat GPT just says ridiculously stronger)
_jU1uzD2s80.jpg
main-qimg-41c517cc54f394716bc6c5e9ecdb4d52

There will be future upgrades!
Sorry for raining on ur parade even more
Japanese is a context based my guy, the raws can say 1 but mean many, several orders is still a valid interpretation as judged by licensed translators

How is orders the same as several orders? Also that statement would technically only apply to AP despite me personally being a proponent of strength and speed being proportional

Yes, but official translations aren't perfect. There are a multitude of cases where the raws are used instead of the VIZ translation
These are professionals that have been working on translations for years you cannot discredit human translation over machine translation

Uh...heh heh, on the subject of FTL+ Naruto...
ドラッグにより強化された術は、一度目に見たときに比べ、速さも破壊力も数段増しているのがわかった。
She could tell that the technique, enhanced by the drug, had become much faster and more destructive compared to when she first saw it.
AhRBZwSkSQ8.jpg
main-qimg-f182fdd5218f7dd4c2e61e6c049a91bd

And uh, even the initial orders of magnitude statement seems to actually just mean one
「―あまり洗練された姿とは言えんが、ケタ違いに強くなったことだけはわかるだろう?」
―I can't say it's a very refined form, but you can tell it has become of a different order of magnitude in strength, right? (I needed to mention the order of magnitude definition to even get this translation, automatically Chat GPT just says ridiculously stronger)
_jU1uzD2s80.jpg
main-qimg-41c517cc54f394716bc6c5e9ecdb4d52

There will be future upgrades!
Sorry for raining on ur parade even more
also can you pls gimme the source where u got the raws

lol, I’m sorry to burst your bubble but I scale ETSO to 2c easily. I have better feats and statements to scale the verse to universal than 4A. I mean Naruto casually causing tears in space, parallel dimensions, momoshiki creates his dimension, kaguya was about to destroy and recreate hers. Momoshiki possibly causing a supernova. ( My personal scaling meta’s)
I know it is 2C but it is hard to prove

it's easily ranging bare minnimum from 3A to H4A hence me bringing that up

What is your rebuttal to Arc’s claim that the Kanji translate to just space and it can't be a Time-space destruction?
There is a whole thread a real translator made refuting this particular claim, long story short, narrowing down to dictionary definitions does not allow for proper translation to english due to different words being interchangeable with each other depending on their context, this is the reason why the VIZ translators picked time space when publishing the english version of manga as it is more accurate than gooning the word space off of google translate

so it is in fact space time destruction in the end

Y'all do realize that even if it were time-space destruction/creation it still wouldn't be Low 2-C/2-C, right?
I know that BUT is your reasoning for that claim made from the requirement of universal size? because that can be backed too (with solid stuff, none of that parallel dimension nonsense)

What are exponential expressions?
I'm messing around with you, no such thing happened
Kido got 1000x faster than sai tier shinobi
and boruto era god tiers massively scale above sakura who could fight with him

Can someone explain how the characters got to FTL+? If the characters are FTL+ then just wait for the Prime Hiruzen FTL+ CRT 😏
If a value is very close to a higher level (1.25* difference is acceptable iirc?) then a character who massively outscales that value can be upscaled to baseline next tier.

Although the way it's currently treated is extremely chaotic and poorly done in-universe

because that can be backed too
Well, if you can, that would definitely change things. But given my own experience and knowledge, I doubt that you can.
This is not a knock on you personally. You seem like a smart guy. It's just that I genuinely don't believe that the information we have at the moment is enough to back up Kaguya's dimensions being universal in size.

Read our standards for these tiers and you'll understand. Those pages do a better job of explaining it than I ever could with the limited time I have ATM.
I have read it numerous times that was why I asked to explain further if there is something written elsewhere I have no idea of.

Low 2-C: Universe level+​

Characters or objects whose power is uncountably infinitely greater than the prior tiers. That is to say, they can significantly affect, create and/or destroy higher-dimensional structures that exceed lesser objects by an uncountably infinite margin. An example of this being 4-dimensional spacetime continuums of universal size, but can be generalized to any 4-dimensional structure of a similar scope.

Thus Kaguya destroying and even recreating a 4D structure parallel to Naruto universe would be indeed low 2C

Well, if you can, that would definitely change things. But given my own experience and knowledge, I doubt that you can.
This is not a knock on you personally. You seem like a smart guy. It's just that I genuinely don't believe that the information we have at the moment is enough to back up Kaguya's dimensions being universal in size.
that's fair, Kishi sure don't make it easy to prove with the serious lack of star illustrations in his manga

I have read it numerous times that was why I asked to explain further if there is something written elsewhere I have no idea of.

Low 2-C: Universe level+​

Characters or objects whose power is uncountably infinitely greater than the prior tiers. That is to say, they can significantly affect, create and/or destroy higher-dimensional structures that exceed lesser objects by an uncountably infinite margin. An example of this being 4-dimensional spacetime continuums of universal size, but can be generalized to any 4-dimensional structure of a similar scope.

Thus Kaguya destroying and even recreating a 4D structure parallel to Naruto universe would be indeed low 2C
You would need to prove their timelines are independant and their sizes are universal and I doubt saying parallel is enough to qualify in anyone's book (but it is good supporting evidence)

for the timelines part you could make use of Isshiki and Momoshiki's dimension to try and argue since their times are frozen while konoha's time is freely moving it would mean the timelines are separate but I doubt that would work

btw, why's ETSO listed as 4C instead of 4B?

Any spacetime continuum of notable size would inherently possess more than an infinite amount of 3D snapshots of the 3D universe within it same way a 3D cube would be composed of more than an infinite amount of 2D square snapshots. Meaning something like a portal being referred to as "spacetime" would not be enough for L2C, but an entire dimension probably would.

Of course to scale to the feat you would have to prove a character is affecting the entertainment continuum and not just a single snapshot of the world.

Now I'm not sure if the exact size of the dimension matters. Purely logically speaking, it shouldn't but the wiki says this
An example of this being 4-dimensional spacetime continuums of universal size, but can be generalized to any 4-dimensional structure of a similar scope
Which makes me unsure

You would need to prove their timelines are independant and their sizes are universal and I doubt saying parallel is enough to qualify in anyone's book (but it is good supporting evidence)

for the timelines part you could make use of Isshiki and Momoshiki's dimension to try and argue since their times are frozen while konoha's time is freely moving it would mean the timelines are separate but I doubt that would work

btw, why's ETSO listed as 4C instead of 4B?
I would reply to this soon but, I slightly disagree with that notion.

I think it is a useless effort, at least at this moment, to try to prove that the ETSB is 2-C, a huge effort is required, and in the end it will not change much.
Whew. No you don't actually need a huge effort. Though right now I don't have that energy to propose anything. I will make the arguments for you.

Back