• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My mom can beat up your brother.

I mean, we can't just rate anyone that can't be killed cuz they aren't alive to begin with, that would also will make machines and similar type 5; although is technically correct, the issue relies more in the description of type 5

Not sure, you can rate them type 5 but then we would need to rate anyone that isn't technically alive nor can't be technically killed type 5

Hmm, is such case would be more general. However, I recall someone making a blog about Non-Living Physiology, perhaps it could be rated that way rather than just give to those beings that aren't amortal, transcend death/life or nonexitent type 5 Immortality

That would be much more fitting yes

Although i'd still like to talk about them having type 8 based on their gemstones at some point as well...

Aren't they already rated that way? You can't "kill" the gem if the gemstone isn't destroyed, although, sealing the gems would prevent then to reform.

Technically you cant 'kill' them even if their gemstone is destroyed, as ive already stated above even if their gemstones are shattered or ground into dust the Gems themselves still exist and retain their consciousness

Sealing them just prevents them from creating a new body

Do not remember a gem that exist even after its gemstone is reduced to dust, and they could still exist as a shard, although is hardly considered its past self, is nearly mindless and far more weaker, similar to corruption but that is just having feral mind.

By the way, here is the blog for Nonliving Physiology.

I'm inclined to say inconclusive.

Zeref's death hax should be able to kill Rose but Rose can just block it and/or reflect it; Zeref could potentially be incapacitated by his own death magic if it were reflected back at him, similar to what happened with Mavis.

Hah, so it was that time. It should be something special since Homeworld has shattered dozens of gemstone and no one has commented about its.

Delta3000 said:
Zeref's death hax should be able to kill Rose but Rose can just block it and/or reflect it; Zeref could potentially be incapacitated by his own death magic if it were reflected back at him, similar to what happened with Mavis.
Don't think death hax works on gems, not Soul nor Life-Force Removal should work.

Delta3000 said:
That's not what happened. Zeref's death magic killed Mavis and Mavis's tried to kill Zeref's but failed.

so he's resistant to a considerably weaker version of his own power, that might not make much difference if he's hit with his own power reflected back at him.

There was never a distinct scale when it comes to ppl suffering from Anksherams curse. As far as we can tell both their curses did the exact same thing; "the more u care about life the more u steal it" that's all. Not to mention that he's already been trying to kill himself for hundreds of years, it is far from illogical to assume that if his own power could kill him he'd have turned it on himself and ended his suffering centuries ago.

I'm not saying it would kill him but it could incapacitate him because when he killed Mavis she didn't completely die (her soul was still in her body) and i'm thinking the same may happen to him if his death magic was reflected back at him.

Any rebuttal I could throw at your point would just be my own headcanon since what ur bringing up is hypothetical in its entirety. Zeref was only able to "kill" Mavis because she was the object of his affection and that only worked due to the messed up nature of his curse "the more u care about life the more u steal it" so what happens when someone who has this magic and absolutely loathes their own life has the magic turned back on them? I don't know, going by the rules of the curse it shouldn't affect him especially since it's the same curse granting him immortality, but we never see a situation play out as you've described so I can't deny or agree with ur point.

Delta3000 said:
so he's resistant to a considerably weaker version of his own power, that might not make much difference if he's hit with his own power reflected back at him.
>considerably weaker

No it's not. It's the exact same power given to them by the exact same person.

Delta3000 said:
I'm not saying it would kill him but it could incapacitate him because when he killed Mavis she didn't completely die (her soul was still in her body) and i'm thinking the same may happen to him if his death magic was reflected back at him.
No,he resist mavis DW,AND His dw can kill immortal

Delta3000 said:
Both curses is same, Mavis was affected by his cruse showing Mavis didn't have resistance to soul manipulation which death wave/curse do. On the other hand, zeref resist mavis curse+ he resists franmelth curse(who can absorb soul) proving that zeref have strong resistance to soul manipulation, so he is able to resist mavis curse because of his resistance soul manipulation.

Mavis was 10-B at the time and Zeref was high 6-C. So Zeref got hit by 10-B death hax and mavis got hit by high 6-C death hax; pretty obvious who is going to win that power clash.

If the curse's death hax runs entirely on Ahnkseram's power and not it's victims the why was only Mavis ko'ed, she would logically have the same resistance and that resistance would be at the same level (as it is not affected by her power level in this scenario) given she has the same curse as Zeref.

@triforcepower1 It appears to be the only variable between the two. How would you suggest I compare the strength of their death hax?

Death Manip, or hax in general, do not work that way. Only way to compare is by how the Death Manip works.

By the strength of their emotions (as is the FT way). This is why Mavis and Zeref double suicided at the end because their love was more powerful than the curse keeping them alive.

Delta3000 said:
Mavis was 10-B at the time and Zeref was high 6-C. So Zeref got hit by 10-B death hax and mavis got hit by high 6-C death hax; pretty obvious who is going to win that power clash.
That's not how the curse functions, for one it isn't reliant on the power of the character just their state of mind, u care about life you will take it uncontrollably, you cease to see the value of life and you gain control but lack any inhibitions when it comes to killing that is all.

@antonifer. their death hax works the exact same way and the only difference between them is power level.

@anonblank. they died because they valued their lives causing the curse to kill them the love stuff was just what caused them to value their lives.

Delta3000 said:
@anonblank. they died because they valued their lives causing the curse to kill them the love stuff was just what caused them to value their lives.
That's not what happened
EE05CCEA-2167-4EB8-821A-25F564D66117
482B4B3A-421A-4150-848E-CA4B6A69BFF1

Delta3000 said:
you quoted the wrong part of the scene, I was talking about the bit just before they both died
I'm sorry I quoted u wrong, the pictures were supposed to be in response to ur claim that power was the deciding factor for y Zeref resisted Mavis death hax I quoted your reply and accidentally cut out the relevant bit.

Ok that's fair.

So if amount of love determines the power of the death hax, the question then becomes; does Zeref love himself/his life enough that the death hax would kill him if it were reflected back at him. Given he want's to die I'm inclined to say no; therefore reflecting Zeref's death hax back at him isn't a viable way for Rose to win.

It isn't about their own life but the lives around them. Zeref legit doesn't care about anyone in this key because lol timeline reset. He just shrugs it off like he did against Mavis in Zero.

Delta3000 said:
Mavis was 10-B at the time and Zeref was high 6-C. So Zeref got hit by 10-B death hax and Mavis got hit by high 6-C death hax; pretty obvious who is going to win that power clash.

If the curse's death hax runs entirely on Ahnkseram's power and not it's victims then why was only Mavis ko'ed, she would logically have the same resistance and that resistance would be at the same level (as it is not affected by her power level in this scenario) given she has the same curse as Zeref.
Why are you mentioning tier when the hax ignore opponent durability? Zeref even state that mavis becomes same as zeref. Also on last chapter they died because of one magic iirc

Back