• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
Greg and Rose lay side by side inside Greg's van, listening to the soothing sound of the rain. Greg played a relaxing tune on his guitar while Rose seemed to be thinking something over. "Greg." Greg stopped. "Yeah?" Rose took a deep breath. "I've been thinking ..... about having a ba-" Whatever Rose was about to say was cut off by the sounds of a ship suddenly breaking into orbit. As Greg and Rose stepped outside, they saw Ebony Maw and Cull Obsidian materialize in front of them. "Rose Quartz." Ebony said, in the same dramatic tone he said everything in. "Greg, honey, get my sword." Greg nodded and ran for his storage shed.

"There is no need to be so alarmed, Rose. I come on behalf of the Great Titan. Lord Thanos would like to speak with you." Rose summoned her shield. "And who is Thanos, exactly?" Ebony almost seemed to tut her. "Only the greatest hero the world has ever known. He who will save the universe from destruction." Greg ran back, out of breath, and handed Rose her sword. "Alright. I'll come along." Rose said, getting a rather bad feeling for how Ebony spoke of Thanos. It was earily similar to how a pearl would address their diamond. Ebony raised an eyebrow. "And wouldn't your suitor like to come along?" Greg raised his hands in a pacifying gesture. "Weird alien stuff is a bit out of my area of expertise. Sorry."

~

Rose took a deep breath as gargantuan doors closed behind her, leaving her alone with the Mad Titan. "Rose Quartz. I've heard a lot about you. You're not the only one who betrayed their race for the greater good." Thanos said from atop his throne, power stone shining in his gauntlet. "Hi, Thanos. Well met. I don't think I've met a titan before. Personal similarities aside, why did you want to meet?" Rose said, offering her hand, which Thanos accepted. "I've come to ask your help in saving the universe." He said, getting up. "The empires of the universe are eating up resources faster then they appear. You've seen examples first hand. If populations continue to grow while resources continue to decline, all life will cease to be." Rose nodded, following along so far. "So, what do we do about it?"

"We wipe out half the universe."

"Ummmmmmm, you lost me there." It was obvious to Rose that Thanos wasn't exactly thinking straight. Still, he seemed reasonable, so she would try to avoid escalation. "Doubling all the resources won't work. That'll only escalate population growth in response.

"Yeees, but won't killing a bunch of people also do that?" Thanos sighed in resignation. "Another lost cause. I'm sorry I couldn't convince you."

"I'm sure we can still be civil-" Rose was cut off by a laser that she only barely dodged. "Or not. I guess this is why I'm missing a date then." Rose summoned her sheild and drew her sword, charging the Dark Lord.

-

Both at High 6-B. Speed Equalized. Thanos only has the power stone.

MCU Infinity Thanos
vs.
Rose-Quartz-fanart

Torlikoff said:
But the power stone is 5-A.
Actually, it's getting revised to "Varies, at most 5-A". More on topic, how else is Thanos supposed to get past High 6-A sheilds? And it's not unfair, Rose can still dodge.

Oh, I didn't know unaware. I was more talking about you listing it at High 6-B. Not sure about the match itself yet.

Torlikoff said:
Oh, I didn't know unaware. I was more talking about you listing it at High 6-B. Not sure about the match itself yet.
I meant the keys that were being used. Sorry.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Do I have to read the entire OP to know what scenario this takes place in? Because I really don't feel like doing so.
Nah, it takes place in Thanos's throne room. Everything else is summed up by the last few sentences.

Schnee One said:
AP stomp for Thanos then
How come this was never brought up with Natsu vs Rose? He has similarly high AP and they were declared mostly equal there, with a slightly sizeable edge to Natsu.

The Low-High isn't combat applicable, it'll take enough time where Thanos could crush the gem she'd regen from.

Unless he tries to put her gem in the gauntlet, of course

We seem to treat the Low-High as useful in pretty much every Steven Universe thread on this site, so what can I do ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

How come this was never brought up with Natsu vs Rose? He has similarly high AP and they were declared mostly equal there, with a slightly sizeable edge to Natsu.

I guess no one bothered to look at the AP

Not exactly a hard thing to do

Schnee One said:
I guess no one bothered to look at the AP
Not exactly a hard thing to do

something something Skill means you never get hit by the enemies attacks

Right but that still means she couldn't do jack shit to him

If someone can bring that to the removal thread, I would appreciate

Why would she be unable to do anything to him? It was established that even a gap of 10-15x wouldnt mean you cant do anything to your opponent

Schnee One said:
Right but that still means she couldn't do jack shit to him

If someone can bring that to the removal thread, I would appreciate
Didn't the one shot gap get changed to 7.5x? Because she's 750 Teratons if so.

@Dragon It was in the thread where it was discussed what the set gap for a stomp was, it was unanimously agreed that not even that large a gap in AP would prevent you from harming your opponent

WeeklyBattles said:
Why would she be unable to do anything to him? It was established that even a gap of 10-15x wouldnt mean you cant do anything to your opponent
What the hell

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Anyway, how do we use the Power Stone here? It apparently varies now, but what defines how strong it will be?
It depends on the size of what it's used on. It's only 5-A when used on planets for example.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Anyway, how do we use the Power Stone here? It apparently varies now, but what defines how strong it will be?
The reason it varies is because it uses exactly enough energy to destroy what it is used on each time. Used on a planet, 5-A energy, used on a moutain, 7-A energy, used on Iron Man's shields, high 6-B energy.

Didn't the one shot gap get changed to 7.5x? Because she's 750 Teratons if so.

Absolutely completely hell to the absolutely not. We do not jump to such a high tier by stomping people due to how unquantifiable it is.

That's simply not how stomping people in fiction works

So, when used on Rose's shields, would it be High 6-A energy because the shield is High 6-A, or a small amount of energy because the shield is small? If it's High 6-A, then that gets rid of one of Rose's main advantages.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
So, when used on Rose's shields, would it be High 6-A energy because the shield is High 6-A, or a small amount of energy because the shield is small? If it's High 6-A, then that gets rid of one of Rose's main advantages.
High 6-A, it's not dependent on size but on the thing's durability.

Back