• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My mom can beat up your brother.

WeeklyBattles said:
Death magic that doesnt bypass rose's shields
Well unless she's ready to hide behind her shield and bubble for the entirety of the fight without throwing a single punch in retaliation since Zeref murked her husband then yes she'll never be hit.

Ok, but is the Dark Magic like something where it only attacks organic beings or drains the life force from some one, cause IDK if that would work on Rose. Also if it's a projectile, then the attack would reflect off her shield and back at him.

WeeklyBattles said:
@David Yes, She is
I'm sorry but why wouldn't she? Aside from the fact that he literally just killed her baby-Daddy, she has no real reason to be so wary of Zeref that she'll consider not fighting at all, it's more or less a random encounter with neither knowing the abilities of the other she'll engage and by the time she figures out what Zeref's magic does it'll be too late, cuz she'd be dead.

Also just want to point out if Monarch's thing about Type 5 for Gems goes through death manip likely wont work

I don't know anything about Fairy Tail, but from what people have been saying on this thread, for now I'm voting Zeref via Time Hax and being able to use Death Hax when Rose drops her shield to attack; if Type 5 happens, then I don't know because I don't know anything about Fairy Tail.

Wait, didn't Wright say above that his death hax is like a soul thing? If it is then it won't work against Rose. Unless it can affect her in another way I don't see his death hax working on her.

WeeklyBattles said:
Also just want to point out if Monarch's thing about Type 5 for Gems goes through death manip likely wont work
Uh what? The gems are very much capable of being destroyed, it's the entire reason y being shattered is such a big deal.

But let's say for the sake of an argument that does go through; it hardly changes the end result, Zeref has shown he is at least proficient in bullet magic, plant magic, fire magic and lightning magic, considering he is capable of teaching three of the said magics to other people and has been seen using fire magic. He isn't out of options, Rose can't put him down, he'll just come back but all he has to do is beat down on Rose's physical form enough that she'll revert to her gem which can then be crushed, even if that doesn't kill her it sure as hell leaves her incapable of fighting. Even if he doesn't crush the gem the first time he will crush it the next time he beats her down- and he will beat her down, it's a battle of attrition and in battles such as this it's always safe to bet on the guy that has no issue reconstituting himself after being vaporised.

@David Its been shown that even if theyre shattered and even if their gems are ground to dust theyre not dead

Read David's argument, claiming he'd just continually beat Rose down without acknowledging that she has two High 6-A barriers Zeref would need to get through first before he even gets a chance to do so

WeeklyBattles said:
@David Its been shown that even if theyre shattered and even if their gems are ground to dust theyre not dead
While I don't wholly agree I am very much willing to concede on the matter at least for the sake of this argument.

I mean, If he does go for an all-out attack like that rose would just shield spam and keep him from being able to hurt her.

@David If youre confused regarding what im talking about, the Together Breakfast monster was made of a bunch of Gems that had their gemstones ground into dust, mixed with dye to make ink, and embedded into the scroll Garnet burned, yet they were still very much alive even after all of that

If Rose decides to shield spam, then I guess inconclusive? Because of the time reversing stuff? Zeref's best chance would be attacking Rose when she drops the shield, but that won't work if she decides to spam.

Calaca Vs said:
What Weekly is saying is Zeref can't attack Rose if she shields up. High 6-A shields are far above his capacity.
No one is denying that, the question at that point becomes will she sit in her shield indefinitely considering the character in question? Her husband was just killed, would she in character just sit in a bubble and say "oh well, nothing I can do about that" when the murderer is right in front of her?

Rose has never been known to fly into a blind rage when losing those close to her, even during the war when countless of her friends and allies were shattered during the Rebellion

Davidsteel1 said:
No one is denying that, the question at that point becomes will she sit in her shield indefinitely considering the character in question? Her husband was just killed, would she in character just sit in a bubble and say "oh well, nothing I can do about that" when the murderer is right in front of her?
In character she wouldn't, but I can see her doing that if Zeref starts to poof her multiple times.

@Monarch Rose didnt even know what a husband was until a few decades ago, up until that point she had only had very close friends that were with her for thousands of years

WeeklyBattles said:
@David *snip*
I did say I concede on the matter of their immortality, at least for the duration of this argument, if later on I still disagree then it'll be brought up on a different thread entirely but at least for now act as though I'm in agreement.

Also maybe I'm at fault in my responses for not organising my arguments properly. I don't deny Rose 2 defences in the High 6A range. My point is that she will need to attack at some point meaning she'll probably have to default to her sword and shield, the shield is not a perfect defence and in battles like this that are very likely going to be very drawn out the characters will land hits even if they are glancing blows on each other, for Zeref it makes little difference seeing as he can reverse time and be rid of his injuries but on Rose every blow is an issue she will poof eventually.

Anyway, if the Type 5 doesn't get added, then I'm going with Zeref via the Death Hax then; if it does get added, then probably inconclusive, since Rose could end up spamming her shield once Zeref starts to poof her, but Zeref has that time reversing stuff, I guess.

We've never really seen Rose in a fight where she didn't have the upper hand, so it's hard to tell, but bubble and shield are her main weapons, so I can see her spamming those.

Back