• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
Son vs. Mother. Human vs. Gem. The Boy who saved them vs. The Quartz who united them. Friend vs. Leader. The Earth's savior againt its would be conqueror. Steven vs Rose.

~

Steven's gem half sat alone in the mindscape of the complete being that was Steven Quartz Universe. "She's gone." He had told the bewildered deity in no uncertain terms. How he wished it were true. The cry of anger and the dance of joy rang a little hollow as the truth stood to the contrary. But how he wished it were true. Too often had they been plagued with feelings of doubt and dread that they were little more than a hollow shell of a being for Pink to discard whenever she pleased. And the feelings of his human half as that fear vanished were overwhelming. But they rang hollow, because for all they knew, they could still come true.

So Gem Steven began walking. Walking to the only destination he could think of at the time. Faint memories of Rose's Room formed around him as he approached the remaining consciousness of the rebel leader, quietly kneeling on the ground. She gave a sad glance up at the inhuman half of her son. "We don't have to do this." She said. Gem Steven continued his approach, mechanical and cold. "We can't both exist. You said so yourself." Pink gave a tired sigh and stood. "I know. I'm sorry Steven."

~

I really hope this is fair. High 6-A. Speed Equalized.

Steven Universe Rose Quartz and Pink Diamond

Rose has everything Steven has but knows how to use them better. Couple that with experience and boom.

In the words of an evil alternate universe Master Splinter...

"I taught you everything you know. Not everything I know."

Fair. I was just hoping the massive AP difference would even out, given Steven brought three Diamonds to their knees without effort and one is implied to be way stronger than the other two.

I'm not understanding this fight. How is Steven fighting Pink? She's reformed right? Steven should be passed out dying.

It's inside of Steven's gem. Battle at the Center of the Mind scenario. Rose wasn't fully gone and, after refusing with his human half, Gem Steven wants to see to it that she is so that she doesn't try to come back at any point, potentially killing Steven in the process. They aren't physically in Rose's Room, just Steven's memories of it.

Gem Steven should take this because it was able to push back White, Blue, and Yellow.

However at the same time wouldn't this scale to Pink Diamond anyway? Sure it's "Pink Steven" but at one point that was Pink/Rose herself.

Though, I think being High 6-A for staggering the Diamonds is kind of silly logic. If that attack (or rather pushback) was that strong, why weren't Steven and Connie also pushed back?

If I recall correctly pink was the youngest of the diamonds, and the least experienced.

Does this version of pink have the memories and experience of her time post faking her death and fighting as rose?

I don't see why Pink Diamond wouldn't remember. Only times Gems cannot recall memories vividly from 1000s of years ago is when they're corrupted.

So, upgrade to Rose? Her High 6-A come from being "Comparable to Yellow and Blue Diamond", while Steven's is "Effortlessly pushed back White Diamond", and White's is "Easily turned Blue and Yellow Diamond into mindless puppets at the same time".

So...

Pink Steven > White > Yellow and Blue = Rose = Pink Steven... wat?

Pink Steven scales from White; his High 6-A comes from pushing her back effortlessly, alongside all the other gems she was controlling, which included both Blue and Yellow.

Which is dumb because if the pushback was that strong why was Connie and Steven fine despite being closer to them than White and other Gems/Diamonds under her control?

WeeklyBattles said:
White flat out stated that when Pink turned into Rose she restricted her power
If Pink changing her form to Rose restricts her power, how is Steven then comparable to White?

Even if it didn't restrict her power, it still wouldn't make sense; Steven's power source is Pink's gem, which at its strongest is comparable to Yellow or Blue, yet he somehow used that to overpower Blue, Yellow and White, all put together.

Steven was incapcitated when Pink's Gem did that. So I don't understand why everyone keeps making this a feat for Steven himself.

He can't be comparable to White or higher for a feat the pure Pink's Gem reflecting himself did, yet in earlier episodes nearly dies from a stomp from Yellow.

Back