• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Holy shit... I didn't expect Horikoshi to do Deku like this... I mean my man flat out failed... Deku doesn't have OFA and also lost his goddamn arms... Like how do you recover from this? He really SHOULD have killed Shigaraki when he had the chance...

As for AFO being behind everything about Shigaraki, it takes away all of his agency effectively. I mean hell, he's even behind the reason Tenko was born to begin with? That's... Hard to accept kinda. It seems AFO is the Final Boss after all, which is more lame than if Shigaraki was, but I'm willing to see how this all plays out. I genuinely don't know how this will all end anymore...

Holy shit... I didn't expect Horikoshi to do Deku like this... I mean my man flat out failed... Deku doesn't have OFA and also lost his goddamn arms... Like how do you recover from this? He really SHOULD have killed Shigaraki when he had the chance...

As for AFO being behind everything about Shigaraki, it takes away all of his agency effectively. I mean hell, he's even behind the reason Tenko was born to begin with? That's... Hard to accept kinda. It seems AFO is the Final Boss after all, which is more lame than if Shigaraki was, but I'm willing to see how this all plays out. I genuinely don't know how this will all end anymore...
We clowned on AFO for so long because we saw him as all talk and no sauce but now? He actually ripped up and uprooted all the progress that got made, completely shredded the spark in Deku’s eyes, and all around this situation really is hopeless… unless those new order theories are actually true OR Tenko gave Deku reconstruction in those final moments I’m not seeing what happens next[Spoilers]

Kudo’s plan ******* sucked.

Tenko is still “alive” in the same sense that the Star is, he still has an “echo” as AFO is telling him to shut up. So there is a piece of him that can be saved but the mental destruction is gg for him.

Deku no arms, Shirokumo better portal in Eri or Overhaul ASAP. Don’t really know how he’s gonna fight given he has no OFA anymore (Kudo’s plan ******* sucked) and ALL the vestiges are now shattered.

This definitely isn’t the final vestige world confrontation we’re having, and AFO doesn’t seem to be in prime condition. The hatred and everything that fueled Shigaraki is gone due to the mind crush, and now his Quirks are erased once again.

The reconstruction part of the Decay quirk may come into play here, but who knows. Deku needs to connect with the vestige world again to have any hope of gaining a leg up in this fight or being even able to participate.

On the other side, why tf did Ojiro and Sato just punch away the still > Prime AM body AFO, are they on crack or what.

Definitely one of the most shocking chapters in the whole manga, if not THE most. Tenko’s life really has been planned out for him the whole time up until his ego death. All that’s left to see is who remains to stand in AFO’s way, and how Deku is going to fight back with no quirks and no arms.

Also yeah, this is the final battle now. We’re probably getting flashbacks to explain where these guys have been (it would seem Aizawa either picked them up or Shirokumo teleported him and Mic to them) and what they’ve been doing, then heading right into the literal last stand.

With Shirokumo on their side and helping, literally anyone from anywhere can pop in now. Ojiro Sato and Sero are just the beginning I feel.

And god damn OVERHAUL is why Shigaraki even has a quirk. Garaki copied Overhaul’s Quirk, removed the restructuring part, then AFO slapped it onto Shigaraki after stealing his og Quirk at birth. This is wild, and kinda convinces me that maybe Overhaul really will have a final moment. He’s basically the reason Shigaraki exists and now they have access to Warp Gate again.

It’s a ****** up situation, but Shigaraki’s body isn’t at full power either. No more “disintegration” as it’s called now, no more hatred, no more drive, no brother/OFA like he did this all for and no quirks while Aizawa is here. His body is weakened too going by appearance and him saying the vestige world clash had repercussions on him and that the vessel is “ruined.”

So we got a nerfed, Quirkless Shigaraki-body controlling AFO vs whoever else can show up. On top of that, as he still does have Quirks, the vestiges are in there. The echo of Tenko proves it, and like he said vs Star: “I can’t destroy Quirk factors.”

If he still has Tenko’s original Quirk, maybe something can happen there? And of course the other OFA factors aren’t done, shattered as they are. If Star could pull herself together then the others should be able to as well, hopefully in time for Deku to do something and end this once and for all.

Maybe even All Might will appear? His Vestige is inside AFO now, could he connect with it?

A LOT of avenues this could go. There’s still hope on the horizon despite the loss of Deku’s arms and Shigaraki being mentally destroyed. Eager to see what happens next but god damn what a painful situation.

InShot_20240403_135124948.jpg

It's so over for Deku...

Also, AFO might just be the new Aizen.. Insane chapter holy. The only hope is Bakugou or Todoroki now :(.
It ain’t joever yet, I believe in the green king to get back up and Ram a foot up AFO Shiggy’s ass. But yeah I see people on twitter clowning on AFO saying “this some dumb writing decisions” but still saying Aizen the goat for also planning Ichigo’s entire life, every arc, ever encounter, etc.

It ain’t joever yet, I believe in the green king to get back up and Ram a foot up AFO Shiggy’s ass. But yeah I see people on twitter clowning on AFO saying “this some dumb writing decisions” but still saying Aizen the goat for also planning Ichigo’s entire life, every arc, ever encounter, etc.
Lord please give Deku Sasukes plot armor.
Yung_Juc_Crying.jpg

I WAS THEORIZING THIS YESTERDAY, HOW AFO WOULD BE A PETTY, MENTALLY ILL CAVEMAN TO NOT ONLY **** UP NANA'S GRAND CHILD BUT TO ACTUALLY BE THE ONE THAT GAVE HIM DECAY OMGF KEEEEEEEK

Sero's present so we need him to bandage Deku's stumps and Deku can keep fighting with his kicks.

Ok, I'm absolutely pissed about this new chapter and makes me hate AFO even more. So apparently, AFO was responsible for Tomura's Quirk. But his plan is absolutely brain-dead and goes against basically everything we've seen of AFO before. First of all, if AFO really had a Quirk that could reconstruct things, why the hell didn't he keep a copy for himself to repair the damage to his body? And assuming that this is really a copy of Overhaul's Quirk, Decay looks absolutely nothing like Overhaul's deconstruction. Now we're assuming that Dr. Garaki has the ability to fundamentally change the aspects of Quirks, something that was never once alluded to or explained beforehand, so it just looks like another copout. To imagine AFO wouldn't have a copy of this incredibly useful Quirk is even more stupid and doesn't make any sense.

And how the **** did AFO, a random stranger, convince Kotaro to have a second child? If he had some sorta mind-control Quirk that brainwashes people, he would've already used it on Aoyama and his parents and wouldn't have needed to blackmail them. So why would Kotaro decide, "You know what? This guy's right. I SHOULD have another kid cuz he said so, and he's my friend!" It is absolutely stupid and nonsensical and goes beyond just regular manipulation. And what the **** did it even mean, "Tomura's sister was too big for AFO to handle?" I don't understand what that means. Like, for ****'s sake, Tomura was a grownup when he received AFO. So why is Tomura's sister "too big?" Even if she was slightly older, he's been able to manipulate regular people with ease, so I don't see why she would be any less of an ideal candidate than Tomura.

I can't stand AFO being shoehorned and being responsible for everything in this story. It gives absolutely no nuance and gives the idea that if AFO is defeated, everything will be solved. And besides, we already saw AFO being defeated once. I don't see how him being defeated a second time will be any more cathartic or satisfactory. This has left a truly sour taste in my mouth.

Ok, I'm absolutely pissed about this new chapter and makes me hate AFO even more. So apparently, AFO was responsible for Tomura's Quirk. But his plan is absolutely brain-dead and goes against basically everything we've seen of AFO before. First of all, if AFO really had a Quirk that could reconstruct things, why the hell didn't he keep a copy for himself to repair the damage to his body? And assuming that this is really a copy of Overhaul's Quirk, Decay looks absolutely nothing like Overhaul's deconstruction. Now we're assuming that Dr. Garaki has the ability to fundamentally change the aspects of Quirks, something that was never once alluded to or explained beforehand, so it just looks like another copout. To imagine AFO wouldn't have a copy of this incredibly useful Quirk is even more stupid and doesn't make any sense.

And how the ** did AFO, a random stranger, convince Kotaro to have a second child? If he had some sorta mind-control Quirk that brainwashes people, he would've already used it on Aoyama and his parents and wouldn't have needed to blackmail them. So why would Kotaro decide, "You know what? This guy's right. I SHOULD have another kid cuz he said so, and he's my friend!" It is absolutely stupid and nonsensical and goes beyond just regular manipulation. And what the ** did it even mean, "Tomura's sister was too big for AFO to handle?" I don't understand what that means. Like, for ****'s sake, Tomura was a grownup when he received AFO. So why is Tomura's sister "too big?" Even if she was slightly older, he's been able to manipulate regular people with ease, so I don't see why she would be any less of an ideal candidate than Tomura.

I can't stand AFO being shoehorned and being responsible for everything in this story. It gives absolutely no nuance and gives the idea that if AFO is defeated, everything will be solved. And besides, we already saw AFO being defeated once. I don't see how him being defeated a second time will be any more cathartic or satisfactory. This has left a truly sour taste in my mouth.
I wouldn't get pissed about how stuff happened if the chapter hasn't even been seen yet. Also, where is everyone seeing "reconstruction?" that was not in any leak I've seen.

Cover art showcasing the true final battle. There's a bout a million ways Deku can regain his arms. And while he doesn't have OFA anymore, the vestiges confirmed that OFA's raw physical strength isn't tied to the Quirks, but the individual, so Deku might still just have his raw power at the current point, which can still be a match for AFO at this point now that he has a nerfed vessel
mifTxBc.jpeg

And how the ** did AFO, a random stranger, convince Kotaro to have a second child? If he had some sorta mind-control Quirk that brainwashes people, he would've already used it on Aoyama and his parents and wouldn't have needed to blackmail them. So why would Kotaro decide, "You know what? This guy's right. I SHOULD have another kid cuz he said so, and he's my friend!" It is absolutely stupid and nonsensical and goes beyond just regular manipulation. And what the did it even mean, "Tomura's sister was too big for AFO to handle?" I don't understand what that means. Like, for **'s sake, Tomura was a grownup when he received AFO. So why is Tomura's sister "too big?" Even if she was slightly older, he's been able to manipulate regular people with ease, so I don't see why she would be any less of an ideal candidate than Tomura.

Pretty sure this is before his facial injury. Also, as mentioned before, AFO does not go for complex quirks that are hard to control like overhaul. And convincing someone to have another child isn't some crazy feat for someone like AFO. Now idk what he means by tomuras sister being too big, we'll have to wait for official translations ig. Personally, I think he means she would have already awakened her quirk so it would be too late to implant a new one.

Anyways, I don't understand what this widespread AFO hate is for. I didn't expect so many people to hate AFO as a character/villain. Nothing he has done so far has been an asspull, and him being behind Shigis birth and quirk doesn't destroy his character, it adds to it. How is this any different than Aizen?

Back