• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Apparently AFO got weaker during the Final War Arc for some reason.

Endeavor > Flashfire Fist Todoroki > Tokoyomi Dark Shadow > The Hood > Weakened-Final War AFO

Also didn't realize Endeavor was just vastly stronger than AFO during their battle.

Chisaki is stronger than Musuclar and Re-Destro.

Heck, Toga and Mina are stronger than Muscular too? Damn, talk about serious gains.

I'm praying this is just a joke.

Deku should gain a resistance to Paralysis Inducement given

"Izuku has also been shown Blackwhip's capabilities as a make-shift brace, significantly lessening the damage to his arms even while using 100% of One For All. He extends this further during the Final War, by extruding Blackwhip inside of his own body, enveloping his muscles and tendons as a way to further reinforce, hold them together, and strengthen them. He then shows another application by using Blackwhip to puppet his body while paralyzed and coating himself inside Blackwhip-like armor"

It lets him keep on fighting despite being paralyzed
Bump

Hey chat, I can't remember any instance of Shiggy decaying water, has he done so?
No he hasn't. We've seen him submerged in water multiple times and nothing happened.

From what we know of his ability that should be impossible, it's not a solid object after all.

I don't consider what he does as decay like in real life either.

This isn't a important or scalable feat, a standard storm with a radius of 20 km are Low 7-B to 7-B, which is why he has that rating on his restrained key.

There's no point or any need to calculate this kind of thing.
Making it and blowing it away instantly seems pretty important to me. Also I am pretty sure Nine pulls in clouds so it would KE based. And the KE of Dispersing storm so fast that Deku can't even react to it is a pretty baller feat.

You know I was gonna make a counterargument to defending my placements but given how much of a massacre I got chewed out by one of you guys for my rankings I think it's for the best that I just concede now and take the humble L lmfao 💀

I hope at least the characters in S tier and above are right, may just be me but I always find power scaling MHA characters that aren't the god tiers to be extremely difficult aside from maybe full power Tokoyami cause he got buffed to vastly above weakened all might.

Unless Nine is using the Dao of Storm Manipulating and using his own chi to manually move the clouds and create storms, and that he's using that same chi to power up his physical ability, and prove that he can project through his body the same amount of energy he used for the storm... you get the idea.

How would you guys rate current Bakugo/Dynamight in the power hierarchy, given that AFO explicitly stated that his raw power is inferior to Hellflame and Dark Shadow but the problem is that Full Body Cluster Bakugo's speed buff makes him faaaar faster than the likes of Endeavor and Tokoyami and by feats his explosion quirk was still strong enough to do visible damage to the higher tiers and tear apart the Omni-Factor Release which was supposedly Rewound AFO's ultimate move. Thoughts?

I wanna say he's up there for these reasons alone, even if he has to be on the very lower end.

How tf do you not scale to your own feat.
Because he can't use it for anything.

Nine doesn't scale in the same way we don't rate Shoto as being Low 7-B for melting and making his ice wall. The energy he generates to create storms doesn't scale to anything else, it's only the energy he can use to create clouds. This isn't Dragon Ball or any other verse where he can use that energy to punch people.

The power of his Quirk is limited to that Quirk alone.

It's also not KE but CAPE for Nine's storm. In the instance shown he doesn't telekinetically pull in a bunch of clouds like you're suggesting.

He simply makes them and unmakes them in the spot. Also the storm didn't blitz Izuku, it stood for a seconds and quickly left.

AFO was heavily weakened by his Quirk's Rebelling against him.

Bakugo stands no chance in defeating Rewind AFO as he himself admitted.

Bakugo is weaker than Endeavor but comparable enough to fight people on his level.
Didn't Bakugo say he couldn't have won alone cause I interpretated that as the Rewind ability made him invincible and it wouldn't sense given we know even quirkless shigaraki is >>> prime AFO and Bakugo was proven to be faster than him even if in short bursts.

Yeah, tho I stand by my point that Bakugo's speed really is the selling point, he's one of the fastest characters in the series excluding Deku and Shigaraki.

Bakugo < Endeavor < Weakened AFO < Rewind AFO

Bakugo has nothing that places his power higher than Endeavor or Dark Shadow, he's noted and shown to be weaker.

Bakugo's speed is his greatest selling point, which can outpace Quirkless Complete Shigaraki.

Though Rewind AFO's speed was being nerfed due to his Quirk rebelling against him, so it's hard to say if he'd be faster than Rewind AFO.

Bakugo < Endeavor < Weakened AFO < Rewind AFO

Bakugo has nothing that places his power higher than Endeavor or Dark Shadow, he's noted and shown to be weaker.

Bakugo's speed is his greatest selling point, which can outpace Quirkless Complete Shigaraki.

Though Rewind AFO's speed was being nerfed due to his Quirk rebelling against him, so it's hard to say if he'd be faster than Rewind AFO.
Damn that sucks but I see, I also take that Bakugo ripping apart Youthful AFO's limbs when rescuing all might isn't a feat cause his body was getting more frail and fragile?

Damn that sucks but I see, I also take that Bakugo ripping apart Youthful AFO's limbs when rescuing all might isn't a feat cause his body was getting more frail and fragile?
Yes indeed.

Rewind AFO was becoming less durable as time went on after a certain point.

Yes indeed.

Rewind AFO was becoming less durable as time went on after a certain point.
Do you think the page of Bakugo discovering that concentrating on his pain to make his explosions stronger could be interpretated that he's capable of making greater explosions than the ones he made in his fight against Shiggy?
0406-010.png

Do you think the page of Bakugo discovering that concentrating on his pain to make his explosions stronger could be interpretated that he's capable of making greater explosions than the ones he made in his fight against Shiggy?
Maybe?

Considering he literally just unlocked the ability to do this, I'm almost certain he'll be a lot stronger in the future when he masters this.

He's also like half dead as well, so it's amazing he was able to do as well as he did in that state.

Yeah, also on another note just so some don't interpret "Bakugo's speed being his greatest assest" as to mean he didn't get any buff to his AP, in Jaku incomplete Shigaraki mocked his explosions by saying they were "nice fireworks" whilst in there rematch quirkless complete Shigaraki said that they were "fantastic and had to be ridden of" whilst also doing more damage than Mirko. So I'd say with comfortable certainty that his AP (least with Howitzer Impact) that it's notibly greater than Weakened all might.

With that my mindless Bakugo fan yap yap over now 😂

It was very surprising to see Tokoyami become the 2nd(?) strongest student over Bakugo and Todoroki
TokoGOAT, it does make me glad to see tokoyami finally getting the respect he deserves man was always one of the most powerful of his class and out of the youthful heroes he's 2nd to bloody OFA. Man's gonna be an amazing pro hero when he reaches his full potential as an adult.

Making it and blowing it away instantly seems pretty important to me. Also I am pretty sure Nine pulls in clouds so it would KE based. And the KE of Dispersing storm so fast that Deku can't even react to it is a pretty baller feat.
He is not using "his own strength" to do it. He is using aerokinesis/atmospheric manipulation.

It's more like magic than a physical feat. Kinda the same way we can't try to calculate the energy needed to actually warp reality to scale characters like Star and Stripes or even Fukudashi.

How would you guys rate current Bakugo/Dynamight in the power hierarchy, given that AFO explicitly stated that his raw power is inferior to Hellflame and Dark Shadow but the problem is that Full Body Cluster Bakugo's speed buff makes him faaaar faster than the likes of Endeavor and Tokoyami and by feats his explosion quirk was still strong enough to do visible damage to the higher tiers and tear apart the Omni-Factor Release which was supposedly Rewound AFO's ultimate move. Thoughts?

I wanna say he's up there for these reasons alone, even if he has to be on the very lower end.
It's pretty straightforward.

Speed : Bakugo > Endeavor and Tokoyami

AP : Endeavor and Tokoyami > Bakugo

We don't have to force characters into boxes. And it is okay for characters to have a stat in which they excel while not being as good as others in other stat.

It's like the Flash and Superman - Flash is faster while Superman is stronger.

Even for speed, it is possible for 2 equally fast characters to have differences in reaction speed. Like technically Flash is far faster than Cassandra Cain - Batgirl, but with speed equalized Cassandra is leagues ahead of anything any of the Flashes can do.

It's pretty straightforward.

Speed : Bakugo > Endeavor and Tokoyami

AP : Endeavor and Tokoyami > Bakugo

We don't have to force characters into boxes. And it is okay for characters to have a stat in which they excel while not being as good as others in other stat.

It's like the Flash and Superman - Flash is faster while Superman is stronger.

Even for speed, it is possible for 2 equally fast characters to have differences in reaction speed. Like technically Flash is far faster than Cassandra Cain - Batgirl, but with speed equalized Cassandra is leagues ahead of anything any of the Flashes can do.
I'd argue the gap in speed is much greater than the gap is in AP since Shigaraki called it fantastic which kinda contradicts AFO downplaying since Shigaraki at this point should be objectively superior to AFO regardless of what state he's in an is probably a better credible source. There was also the whole AFO panicking since he was getting desperate to reach to Shiggy since his time was running out and couldn't afford another fight.

But yeah that's a fair assessment and comparison.

For the record if anyone wants to discuss the spoilers in detail ahead of the unofficial release, put your comments in spoiler boxes.

People need to realise that MHA's has always been unrealistic when it comes to ideologies and ethics, an isn't exposed to be reflective of the real world. the themes Hori has been conveying since the beginning (endeavor, bakugo, nagant, shigaraki, toga, dabi) is that everyone should be saved no matter how bad. An how Deku is going to smash the flawed system for younger heroes so society doesn't let people who are suffering be swept under the rug, if that ain't for you then MHA probably isn't a mangaka for you and you should take up jjk or something.

But yeah, I'm looking forward to the inner vestige world battle, a battle of the characters ideologies and how Deku will convince Shiggy that there's a better way and save Tenko.

Back