• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia: America Brings Upgrades/Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't that become a bit circular though?

Deku's 45% AP > Lady Nagant's bullet > Deku's Mid-Gauntlet > Deku's 45% AP ?
Circular? She scales for injuring Izuku, and he is durable to take a hit from Shigaraki. Albeit he coughed up blood.

And he is strong enough to stop her bullets with a kick, that can injure him. How is this any different than stopping a punch, just that this is a bullet.

He used it to react to the tendrils why else would he awaken it?
Because he was going through a horrifically stressful time and awakened to a rage mode that ****** up his mental? It’s not like he needed danger sense to react, nor is it implied. It awoke due to stress and the overwhelming danger of the situation, not because he needed it, otherwise it would have awoken fully back when Shigaraki woke up.

Also, Deku caught Nagant’s bullets as like the first thing in their fight. Would that matter for AP considering he can exert enough force to stop the bullet from moving his arms and piercing his stomach, or no?

Because he was going through a horrifically stressful time and awakened to a rage mode that ****** up his mental? It’s not like he needed danger sense to react, nor is it implied. It awoke due to stress and the overwhelming danger of the situation, not because he needed it, otherwise it would have awoken fully back when Shigaraki woke up.
Sorry but that makes no sense he couldn’t dodge the tendrils being shot at him before, and the idea that he awakened because he was raging doesn’t correlate , we know that deku awakens quirks that he needs in that moment like black whip or float, so danger sense awakening then makes sense why would he need it when shigaraki awakened?

Circular? She scales for injuring Izuku, and he is durable to take a hit from Shigaraki. Albeit he coughed up blood.

And he is strong enough to stop her bullets with a kick, that can injure him. How is this any different than stopping a punch, just that this is a bullet.
Her injuries against Deku don't look nearly as severe as what Shigaraki inflicted on Deku.

Sorry but that makes no sense he couldn’t dodge the tendrils being shot at him before, and the idea that he awakened because he was raging doesn’t correlate , we know that deku awakens quirks that he needs in that moment like black whip or float, so danger sense awakening then makes sense why would he need it when shigaraki awakened?
If it awakens when he needs it, why didn’t it awaken before Bakugo moved him out of the way? Why didn’t it awaken to alert him when Shigaraki was getting closer to him? Why didn’t it alert him when Shigaraki was going to elbow him in the stomach?

The narration for Deku when Danger Sense first shows up is literally the speech from Banjo about the quirk working better for him out of anger. He was more angry when Bakugo was stabbed than any other point in time we can recall. Clearly his emotional state helped him unlock a quirk, which was danger sense. It activating at the time he is getting attacked =/= he needs it to dodge that attack.

Are we forgetting Shigaraki was incredibly weakened his body was literally falling apart and he himself stated "I'm running out of steam". 45% Deku heavily downscales Shigaraki

Are we forgetting Shigaraki was incredibly weakened his body was literally falling apart and he himself stated "I'm running out of steam". 45% Deku heavily downscales Shigaraki
He was going Plus Ultra, so if anything, at that moment in time, he was stronger and faster than before. “Running out of steam” just means he wasn’t going to be able to keep it up for long.

He was going Plus Ultra, so if anything, at that moment in time, he was stronger and faster than before. “Running out of steam” just means he wasn’t going to be able to keep it up for long.
There were no statement he was stronger only faster. Shigaraki even mentions when he can't bust through Ryuku's hands that he's getting weaker. When before he easily one-shots Ryukyu. he was very clearly running out of strength. He was weaker.

Downscales to what exactly?

There were no statement he was stronger only faster. Shigaraki even mentions when he can't bust through Ryuku's hands that he's getting weaker. When before he easily one-shots Ryukyu. he was very clearly running out of strength. He was weaker.
... To become faster he has to put more power on his legs to move quicker, that's just basic logic.

Running out steam was referring to his stamina.

He never even attacked Ryukyu directly before.

I don't think 45% Deku should be inferior to Endeavor. Shigaraki was also going Plus Ultra, and his speed was confirmed to have increased. While his power wasn't mentioned to be lower. Running out of steam sounds like stamina, he can't keep this up for long. Not that he's gotten weaker.

Izuku was also hit in a fragile place, the stomach area is a bad spot to be hit. Also he is downscaling to 550 MT, while Shigaraki is at least 640 MT.

I don't think baseline 7-A would be alright, since that'd mean Izuku took a direct hit to his stomach that was 6.4X stronger than his own durability.

So if he could move faster through sheer determination, why wouldn’t that also apply to his strength? His speed is dependent on his overall physical capability, which comes from leg strength. He had to have gotten stronger or he wouldn’t be moving faster.

He does not mention he’s getting weaker, and even then, that would be in reference to his Plus Ultra. All he says is he’s running out of steam, which refers to his Plus Ultra not lasting forever.

He one shot Ryukyu before because he smashed Endeavor into her, so he actually hit all of her. Here he punches through her hand, then flips her other hand over breaking it effortlessly, while noting he can’t keep this up for long. Then, before we see him more than likely remove Ryukyu from existence, Deku binds him with Blackwhip and he can’t do anything.

I don't think 45% Deku should be inferior to Endeavor. Shigaraki was also going Plus Ultra, and his speed was confirmed to have increased. While his power wasn't mentioned to be lower. Running out of steam sounds like stamina, he can't keep this up for long. Not that he's gotten weaker.

Izuku was also hit in a fragile place, the stomach area is a bad spot to be hit. Also he is downscaling to 550 MT, while Shigaraki is at least 640 MT.

I don't think baseline 7-A would be alright, since that'd mean Izuku took a direct hit to his stomach that was 6.4X stronger than his own durability.
If your stamina goes down your strength would too, the fact that Ryukyu someone he previously blitzed and one-shotted was capable of stopping his charge and even endured a hit from him shows this.

An elbow strike is also much stronger than a standard punch, which can heavily injure Endeavor.
A casual elbow strike is stronger than a punch really.

Shigaraki considered Deku little more than a bug with how he was treating him in that fight, the only time he took him seriously was when he bound him. Look at how he reacts to his black whip when he Deku tries to stop him running toward bakugou. It's clear in that scene he's very casual when elbowing deku.

That again? We already agreed that he wasn't holding back, that is just his usual banter through that whole fight. After punching Endeavor to the ground Shigaraki raised his right arm in sign of mockery, it doesn't mean he was "casual".

The stomach is also a particularly weak point in the human body (remember Mirio disabling 8% Deku with a punch to the stomach?).

If your stamina goes down your strength would too, the fact that Ryukyu someone he previously blitzed and one-shotted was capable of stopping his charge and even endured a hit from him shows this.
She didn’t endure a hit though, he literally punched through her hand and then tossed her other hand over so bad it got broken over itself. The only reason she wasn’t one shot is because he hit her hands which she can endure being destroyed and not her body. If he punched her face or chest she would die instantly.

A casual elbow strike is stronger than a punch really.

Shigaraki considered Deku little more than a bug with how he was treating him in that fight, the only time he took him seriously was when he bound him. Look at how he reacts to his black whip when he Deku tries to stop him running toward bakugou. It's clear in that scene he's very casual when elbowing deku.
Deku was not a “bug” he was literally Shigaraki’s end goal. He went for Deku harder than anyone else, Deku was the only reason he wasn’t killing all the heroes because he was focused on getting to him or Aizawa first.

How is this elbow casual? He knows he has limited time, he’s pushing himself to his absolute limits, he can no longer move properly due to Blackwhip, he’s so desperate to win he even got the Quirk deleter rounds out. But Deku, the actual problem and one restricting his movements, is going to just get a love tap? When has Shigaraki EVER showed restraint like that to someone in his way?

She didn’t endure a hit though, he literally punched through her hand and then tossed her other hand over so bad it got broken over itself. The only reason she wasn’t one shot is because he hit her hands which she can endure being destroyed and not her body. If he punched her face or chest she would die instantly.

Deku was not a “bug” he was literally Shigaraki’s end goal. He went for Deku harder than anyone else, Deku was the only reason he wasn’t killing all the heroes because he was focused on getting to him or Aizawa first.

How is this elbow casual? He knows he has limited time, he’s pushing himself to his absolute limits, he can no longer move properly due to Blackwhip, he’s so desperate to win he even got the Quirk deleter rounds out. But Deku, the actual problem and one restricting his movements, is going to just get a love tap? When has Shigaraki EVER showed restraint like that to someone in his way?
Because as we all agreed Shigaraki was exhausted he's not holding back he's conserving energy. Deku was his end goal for his quirk, but he wasn't a threat strength-wise. While he definitely memed on endeavor he considered him a threat considering how he burnt his arm with the prominence burn. I'm not saying he held back. I'm simply saying he used less energy to elbow him then he would endeavor. Why? because he was obviously exhausted. If I'm exhausted I'm going to use less energy on people I see as weak.

I'm seeing the use of "Plus Ultra" here and there in this thread. Am I the only one confused on what that means? Does that refer to like some type of adrenaline rush? Or Zenkai Boosts in Dragon ball?

Because as we all agreed Shigaraki was exhausted he's not holding back he's conserving energy. Deku was his end goal for his quirk, but he wasn't a threat strength-wise. While he definitely memed on endeavor he considered him a threat considering how he burnt his arm with the prominence burn. I'm not saying he held back. I'm simply saying he used less energy to elbow him then he would endeavor. Why? because he was obviously exhausted.
Exhausted doesn’t mean anything, he was going Plus Ultra to surpass his limits. He noted that he was going to run out of energy, not that he was out of it fully or that he would conserve it. If anything, that should incentivize him to use it as hard as he can to get to Aizawa, which is what he tried to do.

And we’re saying he hit Deku comparably, and not a love tap like you’re implying. He did not go easy on Deku, unless you think Shigaraki is an idiot who doesn’t go all out when he needs to at the most crucial moment of his existence, when it has been established he loves going all out.

I'm seeing the use of "Plus Ultra" here and there in this thread. Am I the only one confused on what that means? Does that refer to like some type of adrenaline rush? Or Zenkai Boosts in Dragon ball?
Plus Ultra is the MHA verse-specific thing where a character goes beyond their limits and becomes stronger or faster than before through sheer willpower. It is an observable phenomenon that has occurred several times, and is listed as “Awakened Power” on some of the profiles like Shigaraki, Deku and All Might.

It's a bit ambiguous but it's effectively just an adrenaline rush or "hysterical strength" in the MHA world.

Exhausted doesn’t mean anything, he was going Plus Ultra to surpass his limits. He noted that he was going to run out of energy, not that he was out of it fully or that he would conserve it. If anything, that should incentivize him to use it as hard as he can to get to Aizawa, which is what he tried to do.

And we’re saying he hit Deku comparably, and not a love tap like you’re implying. He did not go easy on Deku, unless you think Shigaraki is an idiot who doesn’t go all out when he needs to at the most crucial moment of his existence, when it has been established he loves going all out.

Plus Ultra is the MHA verse-specific thing where a character goes beyond their limits and becomes stronger or faster than before through sheer willpower. It is an observable phenomenon that has occurred several times, and is listed as “Awakened Power” on some of try profiles like Shigaraki, Deku and All Might.
If I'm exhausted am I going to use the same amount of energy on every person I fight. NO. I conserve my energy, and he did start trying when deku used rage powered black whip to bind him because he noted him as a threat. I'll be back in about an hour to argue more but I have work.

Because as we all agreed Shigaraki was exhausted he's not holding back he's conserving energy. Deku was his end goal for his quirk, but he wasn't a threat strength-wise.
Shigaraki literally couldn't break out of Deku's hold with his strength and he was visibly shaking from Deku's restraint and grinding his teeth.
Deku_Feat.png

If I'm exhausted am I going to use the same amount of energy on every person I fight. NO. I conserve my energy, and he did start trying when deku used rage powered black whip to bind him because he noted him as a threat. I'll be back in about an hour to argue more but I have work.
You’re not a genetic freak of nature anime character with a supernatural body and will power that is lamenting and fighting for your ideals against the Japanese Human Torch.

He elbowed Deku to get him off. He would not tap him to do that, he would do it hard like anyone would to get someone off of them. Nothing about that entire sequence of events has Shigaraki paint Deku as any less of a threat than the other heroes around him, because he doesn’t have the time to waste on being nice.

Him deciding to hold back on Deku for a single elbow strike, when he is literal moments from falling down dead and is going all out as hard as he can, is a massive misread of his character since the start of the series to now. NEVER has he held back when someone is stopping him from what he wants. Why would he only now do so for Deku, especially when his situation has never been as dire?

Regardless I do want to bring this up, I have a problem with this on Izuku's profile. "Deku is considered to be the heroes' greatest battle asset, putting him above even Endeavor and Best Jeanist"

This is untrue, not the statement. But what putting it down on his profile, in his AP section for 45%, that is what is wrong.

They are speaking in general, that Izuku as a whole is their greatest battle asset.

They do not say that 45% Izuku is stronger than all heroes in Japan or something.

Izuku is the user of OFA, All Might's successor, and will one day have control over 100% of its power. No doubt he is their greatest battle asset, but once again this doesn't mean anything for 45% being stronger than Endeavor and every other hero. I believe that this shouldn't be used as justification, as this means very little about 45%.

G̶l̶a̶d̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶H̶i̶g̶h̶ ̶7̶-̶A̶+̶/̶6̶-̶C̶ ̶M̶H̶S̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶,̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶b̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶u̶t̶u̶r̶e̶.̶ ̶B̶u̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶I̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶b̶s̶u̶r̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶M̶H̶A̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶s̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶r̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶s̶.̶ ̶ ̶N̶e̶i̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶s̶i̶s̶t̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶F̶T̶L̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶a̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶D̶B̶S̶ ̶G̶o̶k̶u̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶C̶o̶n̶c̶e̶p̶t̶u̶a̶l̶ ̶H̶a̶x̶.̶

G̶l̶a̶d̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶H̶i̶g̶h̶ ̶7̶-̶A̶+̶/̶6̶-̶C̶ ̶M̶H̶S̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶,̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶b̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶u̶t̶u̶r̶e̶.̶ ̶B̶u̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶I̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶b̶s̶u̶r̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶M̶H̶A̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶s̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶r̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶s̶.̶ ̶ ̶N̶e̶i̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶s̶i̶s̶t̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶F̶T̶L̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶a̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶D̶B̶S̶ ̶G̶o̶k̶u̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶C̶o̶n̶c̶e̶p̶t̶u̶a̶l̶ ̶H̶a̶x̶.̶
Nah don’t worry we’ll def have mhs after I make this thread about speed lol. 6-C MHA is still there the page is simply downplaying which is literally stated. They have the heroes rising feat still at island but won’t put it in for outlier reasons which make zero sense especially now

Izuku is the user of OFA, All Might's successor, and will one day have control over 100% of its power. No doubt he is their greatest battle asset, but once again this doesn't mean anything for 45% being stronger than Endeavor and every other hero. I believe that this shouldn't be used as justification, as this means very little about 45%.
I agree that bit doesn't belong in his 45% section. I was going to bring it up as well as we went along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back