• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
6-6. Might end in incon unless I can summon forth more GoH supporters from the aether.

I think I’m going to give my vote to Mori after skimming through the thread.

Have faith in the Monkey King ✊🏽

6-6. Might end in incon unless I can summon forth more GoH supporters from the aether.
then create a message with the wincons again because this is very disputed, I would not like it simply to be voted for the character's personal taste, in my case, I love both characters even if I am more knowledgeable about sonic

then create a message with the wincons again because this is very disputed, I would not like it simply to be voted for the character's personal taste, in my case, I love both characters even if I am more knowledgeable about sonic
Aight. Gimme a minute.

For any new arrivals to the thread, a short summary of wincons for both characters:

Mori's wincons:
Paralysis via 180th Moon Shadow. If this is enough to slow Sonic down at least (since he has minor resistance IIRC), he can "stack" Acupuncture paralysis on top. His acupuncture is just poking you and then you're paralysed or your body parts start to swell up and get damaged.
This leads into the second one, concept hax. The tl;dr is that everyone in GoH has a personal concept called their Core Element and Mori (via scaling to Mujin) should be able to **** with this and just win.
Absorption and Vibration Manip (which would shatter Sonic) via Extreme Duplication.
More skilled to begin with but this may not be a factor based on the fact it's looking like it'll be a haxbattle.
Way better Info Analysis which further improves via Extreme Duplication.
Instinctive Reactions which are capable of reacting to people >>>400x his speed.
Sonic's precog (which is more of a general danger sense than actually sknowing what's going to happen) is rendered useless via Mori scaling to Mujin who could appear in the visions of someone with far better precog and know he was being watched.
Can spawn black holes on Sonic, which (Adventure Era) he has no resistance to.

Sonic's wincons:
2-B, possibly 2-A cosmology BFR (Chaos Control) that he can do at the drop of a hat if things get tough.
Chaos Control can also timestop but if Mori summons his clones before Sonic does this (which, y'know, amazing precog gg) at least one of them can move in stopped time, potentially all the clones. Apparently works on characters who can already move in zones where time isn't stable.
Far superior AD, it's not even close.
Would be resistant to Acupuncture while spindashing or mid-homing attack due to being a literal buzzsaw and obviously you don't want to touch that.
54x speed amps that he can do at the drop of a hat.

There's obviously way more listed for Mori here but that's because I know him way better. Give me valid wincons for Sonic and I will happily add them.

Last edited:
BFR with Chaos Control, right?
Already written.

So CC can stop the time too
I'll add this, but Mori has the potential to resist this if he's summoned his clones with Extreme Duplication beforehand as one has time manip and can move in stopped time. I could make the case he resists it regardless based on the fact that he ALSO moves in stopped time, but that's bordering on wank.

Yeah this vs debate is pretty good with both sides having good wincons.

I think it is 8-6 by now

Sonic needs 5 votes to win while mori needs 1.

Already written.

I'll add this, but Mori has the potential to resist this if he's summoned his clones with Extreme Duplication beforehand as one has time manip and can move in stopped time. I could make the case he resists it regardless based on the fact that he ALSO moves in stopped time, but that's bordering on wank.
Chaos Control works on characters that can: 1) Move while time isn't stables like the special stages in Sonic CD, and 2) Move in a place without time at all, such as the Sonic Generation cast in White space

Already been addressed earlier. Mori can just... dodge with his far superior precog, it's not a massive wincon. The speed amp part of it has already been written.
And Sonic also can just become fast enough that Mori wouldn't be able to dodge even with his precog due to Sonic having far superior AD and multiple ways to boost his speed

Already been addressed earlier. Mori can just... dodge with his far superior precog, it's not a massive wincon. The speed amp part of it has already been written.
Eeeeh, no, the homing attack with superior speed is can't easy dodgeable

Last edited:
Eeeeh, no, the homing attack with superior speed is can't dodgeable
As long as it isn't unfathomably faster than you, you can still dodge things that are faster than you. Especially if you know they're coming.

And Sonic also can just become fast enough that Mori wouldn't be able to dodge even with his precog due to Sonic having far superior AD and multiple ways to boost his speed
Mori has speed amps of his own like Bo-Bup (can blitz people comparable to him, can blitz literal teleporters) and also they start at equal speed. Mori isn't faster to begin with, and according to LaserPrecision (who commented earlier and is a knowledgeable Sonic supporter) he grows far slower when not massively challenged or outclassed. Obviously he's in a fight here so this example isn't entirely applicable, but he didn't grow nearly as much when strapped up for 6 months in Forces versus when he had to fight Emerl.

Mori would know this via Info Analysis and end the fight ASAP with haxes anyway so he doesn't need to engage physically. Characters in GoH have been shown to do that, and Mori himself has in the past so it's not out-of-character for him.

Chaos Control can also timestop but if Mori summons his clones before Sonic does this (which, y'know, amazing precog gg) at least one of them can move in stopped time, potentially all the clones. Apparently works on characters who can already move in zones where time isn't stable.
I don't know if this was mentioned, but the Chaos Control is layered. It works on those who can move in time stop.
according to LaserPrecision (who commented earlier and is a knowledgeable Sonic supporter) he grows far slower when not massively challenged or outclassed. Obviously he's in a fight here so this example isn't entirely applicable, but he didn't grow nearly as much when strapped up for 6 months in Forces versus when he had to fight Emerl.
While it's far slower against people who aren't stronger than him, the growth is still pretty notable. I mean, we already know that despite being tortured for 6 months straight he got hundreds of times stronger (Tho again not accepted yet, but I am gonna make a CRT for it soon), stated he gets stronger every second, then he grew thousands of times stronger again before getting to the final boss who would have otherwise been thousands of times stronger than him. He also grew around 55x faster while he was in the prison for 6 months. So his growth during this fight would still be notable. Just not as absurd as it would be against stronger people.

As for other win-cons, I guess there is Ring Time which is basically just a passive transmutation aura he can turn on and off. Can't remember if that was brought up. Oh wait, scratch that, this is Adventure Sonic. Not Modern Sonic.

It was, in fact, mentioned. But no harm in re-iterating.
I am curious about a couple things. How would Mori avoid the Homing Attack? Like, if he had a shield/barrier, sure. But the Homing Attack curves/turns to hit moving targets. It can even turn 180 degrees in mid-air to hit a target that moved behind it. It's not like he's stuck to the one direction he locked on. He's dead-locked on the target he locked onto. Especially given its a blitz amp on top of that.

I am curious about a couple things. How would Mori avoid the Homing Attack? Like, if he had a shield/barrier, sure.
He can use his hands as swords. Not just like "oh he can cut things" but he can legitimately use a barehand version of a sword Martial Art that lets him clash with real blades, so the buzzsaw part of it is nullified.
Especially given its a blitz amp on top of that.
He has blitz amps of his own.
Bo-Bup (can blitz people comparable to him, a far far far far far weaker clone of Mori can use it to blitz literal teleporters)

also the homing attack instinctively tracks a weak spot in the enemy to hit, does mori have any particular part of his body that would count as a weak spot?

He can use his hands as swords. Not just like "oh he can cut things" but he can legitimately use a barehand version of a sword Martial Art that lets him clash with real blades, so the buzzsaw part of it is nullified.
I meant more like dodge it. I thought it was being implied he could dodge it or smth. That does seem like a better counter, though that said, doesn't Sonic have the AP advantage that is only growing as they fight? I don't think clashing will save him. Sonic will simply knock his arms away and cut into his chest before bouncing away.
He has blitz amps of his own.
I don't get how blitzing a teleporter is more impressive than blitzing any other person. Unless he blitzed them WHILE they were teleporting, in which case it is an infinite speed amp. But if you mean he blitzed them before they can activate tp, then it's the same as blitzing any other guy. It does help of course, just didn't make sense to mention it being a teleporter imo.

also the homing attack instinctively tracks a weak spot in the enemy to hit, does mori have any particular part of his body that would count as a weak spot?
No. Most characters in GoH do not have weak spots after the first arc.
I don't think clashing will save him. Sonic will simply knock his arms away and cut into his chest before bouncing away.
Regen.
don't get how blitzing a teleporter is more impressive than blitzing any other person. Unless he blitzed them WHILE they were
Setto words it weirdly. He didn't move as fast as a teleporter while they were teleporting, he predicted their location before they teleported and moved to it.

How god's the regen. Can he regen from being cut in half? If so, he'll prolly be fine then.
He can regenerate from being nearly cut in half, not fully. But at the point he feels that Sonic is about to literally spin dash him in half he's just not going to attempt to block his attacks, or he's just gonna launch him away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back