• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mori Jin VS Yu • (1-0-7)

Phoenks

He/Him
FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator
@azontr

In the blue corner, we have Mori Jin, the Taekwondo virtuoso standing at 5 feet 10 inches and weighing in at a lightning-quick 147 pounds. Known for his precision kicks and agile movements, he's a force to be reckoned with in the world of martial arts.

But standing in the red corner is a living legend, the undisputed greatest boxer on the planet, Yu, known far and wide as "the Devil." At 5 feet 9 inches and a solid 160 pounds, his fists have carved a path of destruction through the middleweight division.

It's a classic showdown of styles tonight, folks. Mori Jin's Taekwondo finesse against Yu's raw, world-conquering boxing prowess. The entire world is watching as these two warriors step into the ring, each with a reputation that precedes them.

- - - - -

Mori Jin, the Monkey King

VS

Yu, the Devil

- - - - -
NggBkXf.png

VRrS1SS.png

9-A Only • Speed Equalized • Takes place in the UFC octagon

Mori: 1:
@XxZetsuxX
Yu: :
Inconclusive: 7:
@azontr, @RandomGuy2345, @BoastJr, @SeijiSetto, @RoggerReggor, @Arceus0x, @MintyBoi1

Last edited:
It is 0.05776 Tons vs 0.012988485899 Tons

Mori's AP advantage is 4.4x.

However, don't at all count Yu out. He has dura negging techniques and this is his EOS skill. He's insanely skilled.

I know but if we are talking about skills, Mori negs

As for the Dura neg, Mori either RE and AD or Technique mimicry's it

He would also adapt to Yu's perception
I don't think Mori negs lmfao. Yu has really, really good analytical prediction that is better than people who can read entire fights.

Mori Jin at the beginning of the series just has a lot of versatility and good analytical prediction scaling.

Yu also has technique mimicry. And I think you're overselling his AD.

I don't think Mori negs lmfao. Yu has really, really good analytical prediction that is better than people who can read entire fights.
I'm talking about skills, Mori in a battle can adapt in seconds, copy abilities, Create abilities from concept after witnessing/experiencing once, Capable of fighting even while blinded etc etc
Mori Jin at the beginning of the series just has a lot of versatility and good analytical prediction scaling.
He's not only versatile, He has insane adaptability and comparable if not better power mimicry then Yu

As for analytical prediction i have Mori above Yu too
Yu also has technique mimicry. And I think you're overselling his AD.
Mori just has far better PM in my opinion

I'm not underselling, I just think Mori far outclasses in this aspect

This match is tricky.

In terms of general skill, I'd say it's a tough call. Mori has a lot of advantages that Yu doesn't have. He has a generally higher level of versatility as well as better AD by far, probably more versatile technique mimicry, and an AP advantage.

Yu on the other hand is a far better generally. He has a very, VERY good analytical prediction at this point in the story that Mori generally lacks outside of upscaling. I won't call it "layers" anymore but the scaling is still quite ridiculous, and Yu is at the top of The Boxer skill chain by an insane margin. It is a match of versatility VS sheer practical skill.

I'd compare it to a mage who knows a bunch of spells VS someone whose mastered one single skill insanely well.

I think it's weird in the sense that the fight depends on the very start. Mori has a severe AP advantage and skills that bring that up much higher via amps, so one hit to a vital point can end Yu's career. The same goes for Yu and his dura neg, though. One hit to the heart or head and Mori will also be out of commission.

Now, we know Mori in this key is very immature. He notably gets very frustrated at losing and underestimates those who are "weaker" than him. He has a focus on "weakness" and "strength" that display a detrimental level of arrogance.

Yu on the other hand doesn't have this. He doesn't consider "weak" or "strong", and he has no innate sense of arrogance that causes him to hold back unless he has some other purpose (like for example, entertaining a crowd in a Boxing match). But since this is not the case, he has no reason not to go straight for the kill. This puts him a step above Mori, who won't immediately go for his strongest moves because he looks down on Yu for being so blatantly weaker than him.

So, the person who will likely get in the first death blow is Yu. But then comes in the problem of Mori's instincts, which allow him to avoid death blows and counter with even more speed and efficiency, even when he's nearly fallen asleep basically.

But then this brings up the point of Yu's enhanced perceptions, which would likely allow him to avoid a counter (which would work because Mori's development is not completely instantaneous), as well as his prediction which would likely negate an instantaneous counter.

Which then brings them into the 2nd stage of the fight, where they've now both registered each other as an actual threat.

Yu will probably try and zone Mori. He has far more experience in a ring-like environment, so things like distance, timing and etc will come a LOT more naturally to Yu and allow him to set up his "monster" stance from a distance, which is a FTE blitz-worthy amp that even blitzes people with similar perceptions to Yu. Mori needs to be very wary of this, because Yu is always aiming for death blows.

Mori would likely respond to this using one of his ranged attacks, such as say Kick of the Blue Dragon or Jin Hoechook off the bat. But the thing about both of these moves is that they take a bit longer to set up than Yu's monster stance, so in that exchange Yu has the advantage. Mori's instincts will have to save him again, but in that instance he can't dodge and attack at the exact same time, so that will probably throw him off and give Yu a better instance to attack.

By this point Mori probably would've started to adapt, using one of the other skills he knows in his repertoire to defeat Yu as his other, bigger attacks fail. In which comes down to the trickiest bit of the fight- Who lands the final death blow? Yu or Mori?

That's where I think the fight ultimately comes out to be an inconclusive. Thinking critically about how both of the characters act in a situation like this, as well as their general environment, it's likely the fight would play out in the steps I laid out. Which makes the outcome very ambiguous, as it all comes down to who you think will land the final blow that decides it all.

Someone could bring out "well Mori would just adapt!" but i find that not very likely because the fight is going to be a very fast paced battle. As ive illustrated Yu is not like Mori. He does not consider right or wrong. Weak or strong. So if he has the ability to kill, he will exercise it in any way he can as quickly as he can. Yu wouldn't drag the fight out to make Mori suffer like he did against Santorino.

So Mori and Yu will be within that quick exchange of killing blows, forcing Mori into a situation where he doesn't have the chance to adapt because a SINGLE wrong hit can kill him. Irregardless of how good your adaptation is in any scenario, if you potentially die instantly, it isn't going to help you.

And since Mori at this point in the story isn't used to battles that basically are life and death, where even the SLIGHTEST mistake can mean the end, I doubt he will have enough time to adapt. Yu however knows the risks he takes going into any fight, and he is used to a fast paced battle where there is no room for even minute error or else it's just over.

So in the end, my vote is inconclusive. At the end of a fast paced, life or death battle... both fighters are left waiting as one of them makes the final death blow. Mori hasn't enough time to adapt, and one blow means death. But Yu is running right into the throes of death as well, and Mori hitting him in the wrong way once could also mean its over. I think in the end, it all comes down to that, leaving the fight mysterious... ambiguous.

If you didn't want to read all of that just count me for inconclusive, with my reasoning being that both can finish each other off quickly and who can do so first is ambiguous to me.

I definitely wrote all that slop for nothing and when people start a FRA train for whatever side ik it's time to log off.

Btw isn't Mori reaction hypersonic+?
Combat speed is equalized. Mori has the same combat speed as reactions, so he wouldn't have a reaction advantage.

Mori will basically be 110x slower in terms of movement speed while having equal reactions to Yu's combat speed. Yu meanwhile will have a massive reaction advantage.

Incon Fra

Mori has an Ap advantage, AD and versatility but Yu can also oneshot + arguably better skills here. Its too paperthin to say who wins outright

Fellas, with the recent CRT the same mechanic that Aaron has that boosts him from subsonic to hypersonic has been applied to Yu as well. It's not the exact same but it is considered to be an amp from equal speed to completely blitzing your opponent. This means that the speed would be equalized in base combat stances and the moment Yu does his monster stance thing Mori will get blitzed to death.

Fellas, with the recent CRT the same mechanic that Aaron has that boosts him from subsonic to hypersonic has been applied to Yu as well. It's not the exact same but it is considered to be an amp from equal speed to completely blitzing your opponent. This means that the speed would be equalized in base combat stances and the moment Yu does his monster stance thing Mori will get blitzed to death.
Azontr's post already took this into consideration...

Azontr's post already took this into consideration...
This match is tricky.

In terms of general skill, I'd say it's a tough call. Mori has a lot of advantages that Yu doesn't have. He has a generally higher level of versatility as well as better AD by far, probably more versatile technique mimicry, and an AP advantage.

Yu on the other hand is a far better generally. He has a very, VERY good analytical prediction at this point in the story that Mori generally lacks outside of upscaling. I won't call it "layers" anymore but the scaling is still quite ridiculous, and Yu is at the top of The Boxer skill chain by an insane margin. It is a match of versatility VS sheer practical skill.

I'd compare it to a mage who knows a bunch of spells VS someone whose mastered one single skill insanely well.

I think it's weird in the sense that the fight depends on the very start. Mori has a severe AP advantage and skills that bring that up much higher via amps, so one hit to a vital point can end Yu's career. The same goes for Yu and his dura neg, though. One hit to the heart or head and Mori will also be out of commission.

Now, we know Mori in this key is very immature. He notably gets very frustrated at losing and underestimates those who are "weaker" than him. He has a focus on "weakness" and "strength" that display a detrimental level of arrogance.

Yu on the other hand doesn't have this. He doesn't consider "weak" or "strong", and he has no innate sense of arrogance that causes him to hold back unless he has some other purpose (like for example, entertaining a crowd in a Boxing match). But since this is not the case, he has no reason not to go straight for the kill. This puts him a step above Mori, who won't immediately go for his strongest moves because he looks down on Yu for being so blatantly weaker than him.

So, the person who will likely get in the first death blow is Yu. But then comes in the problem of Mori's instincts, which allow him to avoid death blows and counter with even more speed and efficiency, even when he's nearly fallen asleep basically.

But then this brings up the point of Yu's enhanced perceptions, which would likely allow him to avoid a counter (which would work because Mori's development is not completely instantaneous), as well as his prediction which would likely negate an instantaneous counter.

Which then brings them into the 2nd stage of the fight, where they've now both registered each other as an actual threat.

Yu will probably try and zone Mori. He has far more experience in a ring-like environment, so things like distance, timing and etc will come a LOT more naturally to Yu and allow him to set up his "monster" stance from a distance, which is a FTE blitz-worthy amp that even blitzes people with similar perceptions to Yu. Mori needs to be very wary of this, because Yu is always aiming for death blows.

Mori would likely respond to this using one of his ranged attacks, such as say Kick of the Blue Dragon or Jin Hoechook off the bat. But the thing about both of these moves is that they take a bit longer to set up than Yu's monster stance, so in that exchange Yu has the advantage. Mori's instincts will have to save him again, but in that instance he can't dodge and attack at the exact same time, so that will probably throw him off and give Yu a better instance to attack.

By this point Mori probably would've started to adapt, using one of the other skills he knows in his repertoire to defeat Yu as his other, bigger attacks fail. In which comes down to the trickiest bit of the fight- Who lands the final death blow? Yu or Mori?

That's where I think the fight ultimately comes out to be an inconclusive. Thinking critically about how both of the characters act in a situation like this, as well as their general environment, it's likely the fight would play out in the steps I laid out. Which makes the outcome very ambiguous, as it all comes down to who you think will land the final blow that decides it all.

Someone could bring out "well Mori would just adapt!" but i find that not very likely because the fight is going to be a very fast paced battle. As ive illustrated Yu is not like Mori. He does not consider right or wrong. Weak or strong. So if he has the ability to kill, he will exercise it in any way he can as quickly as he can. Yu wouldn't drag the fight out to make Mori suffer like he did against Santorino.

So Mori and Yu will be within that quick exchange of killing blows, forcing Mori into a situation where he doesn't have the chance to adapt because a SINGLE wrong hit can kill him. Irregardless of how good your adaptation is in any scenario, if you potentially die instantly, it isn't going to help you.

And since Mori at this point in the story isn't used to battles that basically are life and death, where even the SLIGHTEST mistake can mean the end, I doubt he will have enough time to adapt. Yu however knows the risks he takes going into any fight, and he is used to a fast paced battle where there is no room for even minute error or else it's just over.

So in the end, my vote is inconclusive. At the end of a fast paced, life or death battle... both fighters are left waiting as one of them makes the final death blow. Mori hasn't enough time to adapt, and one blow means death. But Yu is running right into the throes of death as well, and Mori hitting him in the wrong way once could also mean its over. I think in the end, it all comes down to that, leaving the fight mysterious... ambiguous.

If you didn't want to read all of that just count me for inconclusive, with my reasoning being that both can finish each other off quickly and who can do so first is ambiguous to me.

Didn't see it cause it was collapsed, mb

Anyways I don't see a reason why Yu doesn't just speed blitz gg. Does Mori have some technique that can adapt to that kind of speed fast enough? Does Mori have instincts that are faster than his movement and reaction speed? Cause Yu's amp goes to FTE against people of equal speed to him.

Didn't see it cause it was collapsed, mb

Anyways I don't see a reason why Yu doesn't just speed blitz gg. Does Mori have some technique that can adapt to that kind of speed fast enough? Does Mori have instincts that are faster than his movement and reaction speed? Cause Yu's amp goes to FTE against people of equal speed to him.
Mori can react to people 400 times faster than himself with his Instinctive Actions. He'll be aight.

Back