• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MonsterVerse Upgrades (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um no, big g was just fine

Ttow1zK8_zwj-ypBCpNTe441C7QeXQvn_kEScCQqIVkKwFD-uxTT40aCGQMa7wqT9Z1gUvK6GZeH=s1600

udxoCIozdush49eR4F5Vav4NdWeVfr-WBwjI5Lo0QwNbNsiT0s2ndDeAN7Hlas682LZ-dlnPR2TT=s1600

The accepted calc for ghidorah here is high 6-c+. Even if the cloud values are wrong that would be high 6c. And this is the storm being moved so it would scale to KG’s ap. so still likely a slight downgrade but less so.

Rewatched the scene a few times and talked to some people on Discord, and this is the best interpretation I can come up with regarding the gravitational inversion. We're delving into the realm of pseudoscience so it's not really easy to quantify but this is the best way to view it in my opinion

So watching the scene, this is what I think the movie is trying to say. Keep in mind this obviously violates multiple physics principles

-They enter from the entrance, Kong swings for a bit before free falling towards the centre of the Earth due to gravity
-They pass through the Hollow Earth's boundary, and suddenly gravity "inverts" to being outwards (towards the surface of the Hollow Earth) instead of inwards
-However since they were originally free falling, they have a velocity in the direction against the surface of the Hollow Earth
-Hence, they decelerate at a high magnitude, hence the "1000 miles in 2 seconds"
-After they were thrown 1000 miles we see that the ship stops and Kong and the ship suddenly starts falling in the other direction, which is the gravitational inversion

So it isn't really the ship being crushed by the weight of a planet (that's not how gravity works lol), but it was subject to a force of 1.61 billion Newtons (assuming it weighs 2 tonnes, about a heavy car).

A nice lifting strength feat for Kong crushing it, but worth nothing regarding AP.

Actually wait no I take that back it might not be useless AP wise since Kong was subject to that gravitational inversion too.

Acceleration is 804 500 m/s^2 since 1000 miles in 2 seconds. Hence the initial velocity is 1 609 000 m/s. Kong is 102 m tall and by comparing that to his Skull Island height and weight via Square Cube Law we have 4 775 379.16381 kg,

(0.5*4775379.16381*1609000^2)/2 = 3.0907221e18 Joules (technically it's Watts), 738.70 megatons

Respectable supporting feat

Are there any cool feats in the new comics if anyone’s read them? Also I made an edit here to my calc for Ghidorah’s storm push (because there were a few issues with cloud height) which is still nearly 500 gigatons. This means if there is a downgrade it probably wouldn’t be by much because Ghidorah is scaling off of moving the storm rather than creating it.

Last edited:
Well regardless we should replace the Godzilla calc with the correct version, and move it further back in the explanation to signal that it is a supporting feat

It's cool, though it's pretty consistent IIRC because when Ghidorah first awoke in Antarctica it immediately caused a storm to appear and it subsided when Ghidorah left after fighting Godzilla

Actually yes that is the case, because in the scene where Rodan awakens one of the characters (Sam Coleman, Thomas Middleditch's character) says this and to quote from the movie:
"Guys, you remember that tropical storm where we lost Monster Zero? It's changing direction and uh, guess where it's headed now(Brazil)?" and then we see clear as day that Ghidorah is in the center of the storm and moving alongside him which definitely means that Ghidorah's storm is not just environmental destruction
Edit: I wanted to also say that in the same scene, Dr. Ilene Chen makes the observation that it isn't merely just a storm and when they use the tracker on the ship they see Ghidorah/Monster Zero at the center of it

Last edited:
Actually yes that is the case, because in the scene where Rodan awakens one of the characters (Sam Coleman, Thomas Middleditch's character) says this and to quote from the movie:
"Guys, you remember that tropical storm where we lost Monster Zero? It's changing direction and uh, guess where it's headed now(Brazil)?" and then we see clear as day that Ghidorah is in the center of the storm and moving alongside him which definitely means that Ghidorah's storm is not just environmental destruction
Agree

I mean weren't the storms being generated from Ghidorah's energy and flight? Can't really argue about it being environmental destruction since I know not about that stuff, but the movie does seem to imply that the storms are being generated from Ghidorah

You know I watched Godzilla 2014 for the first time a few weeks ago, and I have to wonder why the military thought that nukes were a viable option against the MUTO's when they explicitly feed off of radiation unless they assumed the explosion itself would kill them but I doubt it would've killed them

You know I watched Godzilla 2014 for the first time a few weeks ago, and I have to wonder why the military thought that nukes were a viable option against the MUTO's when they explicitly feed off of radiation unless they assumed the explosion itself would kill them but I doubt it would've killed them
I think they say in the movie that the blast would kill them. It’s a lot of the reason why they scale from nuclear blasts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back